Hardcore Rules

Nugada

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Nugada » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:05 am

Sorry, but what exactly changes if you manage to get to level 60 (aside from the rewards you receive)? Says you will be able to participate in raids without risk of loosing my character, but is that it? I mean, can't you play normally, use the auction house, trade with other players without restriction, enter PvP areas without the risk of loosing the character, die out of dungeon, etc?

Fin

Post by Fin » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:35 am

Nugada wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:05 am
Sorry, but what exactly changes if you manage to get to level 60 (aside from the rewards you receive)? Says you will be able to participate in raids without risk of loosing my character, but is that it? I mean, can't you play normally, use the auction house, trade with other players without restriction, enter PvP areas without the risk of loosing the character, die out of dungeon, etc?
When you reach 60 your hardcore character becomes a normal character. All restrictions are removed.
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097

Hannycz

Post by Hannycz » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:22 pm

Chponk wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 pm
Just died because of dc...pfff
Same, server DC (not my internet), after 5 min of trying to log back in, my almost 20 shaman is dead. Didn't even have aggro before DC. Absolute nonsense. Took all my motivation away tbh.

Glittergold

Post by Glittergold » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:44 pm

Why all the complaining? Want hard, do Ironman like the retail and classic servers do. No potions or buffs, or buff food. No professions. Only white and gray gear, no instances. No skills and yes you register for it so cheating is caught pretty fast. But why would you cheat? Disqualification for using potions, anything other than self buffs or any weapon or gear green or above.
This version of hardcore is a very nice version. It fits in with the relaxed Turtle wow style. I like it. It's TURTLERIFFIC! turtle_in_love_head

Rafale

Post by Rafale » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:25 pm

Would it be possible that the death of a HC character does not prevent the player to continue playing it but only loses the HC challenge (not being able to get the title), removing all the restrictions of HC challenge ?
I always follow those rules for suggestion :
1) Does it answer the class/spec problem ?
2) Does it keep the class identity ?
3) Does it keep the vanilla gameplay of the class/spec ?
4) Is it balanced (not OP) ?

Jcarrill0

Post by Jcarrill0 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:13 pm

Rafale wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:25 pm
Would it be possible that the death of a HC character does not prevent the player to continue playing it but only loses the HC challenge (not being able to get the title), removing all the restrictions of HC challenge ?
That defeats the purpose of the challenge right? to keep the items once you die as well?

Mythox

Post by Mythox » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:50 am

@ Kellc77 Yes must be LV 1 st start HC otherwise you would need to reroll and make a Lv 1
Ish-ne-alo por-ah!

Spooky48

Post by Spooky48 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:57 pm

is it possible to have glyph of war and HC active at the same time?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:02 pm

Spooky48 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:57 pm
is it possible to have glyph of war and HC active at the same time?
Yes, it is possible.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Bobas

Post by Bobas » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:44 pm

Hello Turtle community! I tried hardcore mode on classic, but i don't really want to support Blizz anymore, so i wanted to move here, cause i found this server to have the most similar mode to one that i experienced and really loved, even after i, sadly, died. But one thing is bothering me here... Is it still the rule, that even if you die due to a bug or server DC, you still end the challenge? I probably wont create a character here, if that is the case, since it seems really unfair, because that is something that's totally out of your control. I can only imagine dying to untargetable mob, who chased me to oblivion, or reconnecting (after server DC) just to see my corpse. Maybe a video or picture could be valid enough proof that it was actually server's fault that someone died?

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:52 am

The rules are final and are not a subject of change, I'm sorry.

Marazmus

Post by Marazmus » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:17 pm

I did not participate in pvp with the horde, but I was killed by the Horde horn while leveling in the western region. The character Marazmus is a paladin for the alliance. It was said that when choosing a hardcore mode, pvp will not be available. How is this understood by the administration?

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:24 pm

We never said PvP would not be available, it was your task to ensure you aren't flagged, I'm sorry. We added a lot of additional restrictions to prevent HC from being unwillingly flagged but there're cases where you have to be careful: do not attack PvP-flagged NPCs or do not buff or heal players with the green names.

Marazmus

Post by Marazmus » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:32 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:24 pm
We never said PvP would not be available, it was your task to ensure you aren't flagged, I'm sorry. We added a lot of additional restrictions to prevent HC from being unwillingly flagged but there're cases where you have to be careful: do not attack PvP-flagged NPCs or do not buff or heal players with the green names.
This must be initially specified at the beginning of the hardcore mode. You didn't notify it from the start, so what. Am I wasting my time? I have everything recorded on video - I stream and record all my content

Marazmus

Post by Marazmus » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:00 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:24 pm
This is incompetence on the part of the administration. I adhered to all the announced conditions at the start. I want to understand this situation. Spoil your own impression of the server by leaving the real facts unresolved

Coun

Post by Coun » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:32 pm

There is nothing to announce. The game has its own PvP mechanics and you need to educate yourself on how they work. Turtle WoW already offers much protection from flagging yourself accidentally when doing HC, but in the end, you still need to step carefully. It's part of the challenge.

Marazmus

Post by Marazmus » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:32 am

Coun wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:32 pm
There is nothing to announce. The game has its own PvP mechanics and you need to educate yourself on how they work. Turtle WoW already offers much protection from flagging yourself accidentally when doing HC, but in the end, you still need to step carefully. It's part of the challenge.
This is not an answer! It is necessary to voice about such mechanics. Don't do such mean things. Interest is completely lost due to such an attitude towards their players

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:34 am

There are players who have gotten much further than you over a dozen times, dying time and time again and getting right back up on the horse. When you accept the hardcore challenge, you are implicitly agreeing that you have extensive understanding of the core WoW game mechanics, and you are tackling the odds and playing extremely cautiously.

You are not owed a "CAUTION: COFFEE IS HOT. DO NOT SPILL ON YOUR PENIS" level of warning about every conceivable way you can get yourself killed. The Staff does not owe you or anyone else hand-holding for a HARDCORE (look the definition up) challenge which grants nothing more than prestige. It is not a necessary feature for progression, gives no gameplay advantage, is nothing more than for bragging rights. Quit complaining that you aren't being babysat and implying that the Staff is disrespectful or otherwise unmindful of the community.

Accept the answer given, or leave. But certainly do not post again unless your response is going to be "I understand."

Marazmus

Post by Marazmus » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:57 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:34 am
There are players who have gotten much further than you over a dozen times, dying time and time again and getting right back up on the horse. When you accept the hardcore challenge, you are implicitly agreeing that you have extensive understanding of the core WoW game mechanics, and you are tackling the odds and playing extremely cautiously.

You are not owed a "CAUTION: COFFEE IS HOT. DO NOT SPILL ON YOUR PENIS" level of warning about every conceivable way you can get yourself killed. The Staff does not owe you or anyone else hand-holding for a HARDCORE (look the definition up) challenge which grants nothing more than prestige. It is not a necessary feature for progression, gives no gameplay advantage, is nothing more than for bragging rights. Quit complaining that you aren't being babysat and implying that the Staff is disrespectful or otherwise unmindful of the community.

Accept the answer given, or leave. But certainly do not post again unless your response is going to be "I understand."
no need to babysit anyone. official disclosure of the requirements of this regime is required. yes, coffee is written - hot, do not spill on yourself

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:31 am

I think you should re-read Rule #1 of Hardcore Mode. Here. I've underlined the relevant parts of
Torta wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:20 pm
When your character dies, the game ends for you. If you choose to create and play a hardcore character, you do so at your own risk: we will not restore any deceased hardcore characters for any reason including connection problems, bugs, global warming, your little sister, or any other reason whatsoever.

Take some time. Gather your thoughts. Have a cool beverage. Make a battleplan. Then kick this server's butt with your new, better Hardcore character!

Don't give up! You can do it~! (:
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Safyre

Post by Safyre » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:56 am

All the restrictions of HC you can put on yourself even without playing HC. But Playing HC keeps everyone honest about it. So if you really don't want perma-death but you want to follow HC restrictions, you can do it. Just do it yourself.

Personally, even though this might defeat the purpose, a few things that might could be considered is:

Decreasing respawn rate in mob crowded areas.
Increasing respawn rate of quest bosses needed to be killed.
Make trading items dependent on the level of the item instead of the level of the character.
Break some of the mob chains so a few mobs can be pulled and not a whole camp.
Not able to cast buffs or heals on PvP flagged individuals (but might not even be possible).
(This one might hurt me) Allow one rez every 15 levels starting at level 15. (gives you 3 lives)

The first five would be really nice and help mend some of the rift between normals and HC. I think not as many HC deaths caused by normals that way. I tend to buff, heal, and help others and sometimes I don't notice they are flagged until it's too late. I haven't actually died to this yet (knocks on wood). The last one is just because $#!+ happens and rezzes are meant for this type of game. But an extreme hard limit on the number of rezzes would be needed. But the caveat for being rezzed is the title of Survivor instead of Immortal. Personally, though, I prefer the one death and done.

The rift between normals and HC that I've experienced is that as a HC, I have to line up my pulls and attacks. Normals don't. This causes me to take a bit longer and while I'm setting up, normals come in and destroy my plans. Then I have to wait for respawn. This can happen over and over. The other thing is normals can pull a bunch and possibly die (or you try to help) and the mobs tag onto the HC while the normal leaves the HC to die.

Because of the things I just mentioned, HC characters tend to wait for normals to thin out areas and then swoop in and grab their targets aggravating the normals. Or HCs just won't help normals because they are afraid they'll get killed. Addressing some of the spawn rates could help these situations... learning MMO etiquette would help too but MMO etiquette has been forgotten since 2010 I think. (grouping with others before pulling a quest mob, waiting your turn when pulling a quest mob if you can't group, noticing that the guy fighting next to a node is clearing the mobs so they can farm that node, etc.)

-Saf

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:42 am

Safyre wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:56 am
Make trading items dependent on the level of the item instead of the level of the character.
Not able to cast buffs or heals on PvP flagged individuals (but might not even be possible).
(This one might hurt me) Allow one rez every 15 levels starting at level 15. (gives you 3 lives)

Dude, HC is already a joke. Its an absolute farce. It has nothing to do with being difficult.

The fact that HC players can level with gray mobs completely takes out any challange.
Just walk through Durotar and watch all the level 18-20 players, pulling an entire camp of level 9 mobs...

Its such a joke, and you want to make it even easier?
Ressing, ofc, of course my friend.... An entire challange based upon not dying, and youre idea is to give people resses
so that the purpose, the main purpose of that entire hardcore challange is also gone.

MArvelous idea.

Hannigan

Post by Hannigan » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:37 pm

Dude, HC is already a joke. Its an absolute farce. It has nothing to do with being difficult.

The fact that HC players can level with gray mobs completely takes out any challange.
Just walk through Durotar and watch all the level 18-20 players, pulling an entire camp of level 9 mobs...
Your contribution to this topic shows that you have never played a hc toon yourself, yet you have a very negative opinion about it. Neither hc nor non-hc players can level by killing grey mobs, most certainly not a level 20 toon killing level 8-9 mobs in durotar. Killing grey mobs grants exactly zero experience. The only reason one might do that is to farm profession items (cloths, meats etc.) or to complete grey quests because they still grant xp for 25 levels above quest level, but that will not bring you anywhere close to 60.

HC is exactly as difficult as non-hc unless your general non-hc game plan involves dying a lot for whatever reason (faster traveling in the level range 1-10 before rezz sickness is a thing comes to mind). The mobs you fight are the same, the quests you complete are the same. The most notable difference between hc and non-hc is that hc toons are ceteris paribus generally equipped with sub-par items because they cannot access the auction house to buy better gear. Albeit this only really makes a difference for gear dependent classes (most notably warriors and other melee classes) and matters to a way lesser extent for hunters and warlocks in particular.

There's plenty of players in the Still Alive guild that look down to non-hc players. The majority of guild members are 'good people', we're all here to play the game in whichever way we like to. If it's not for you, that's ok. I just don't understand the amount of vitriol non-hcs have towards hcs, especially because I can't seem to find any example of hcs feeling a comparable hate towards non-hcs.

It's a game. Get a grip mate.

Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:08 pm

Friendz001 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:42 am
Safyre wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:56 am

Its such a joke, and you want to make it even easier?
Ressing, ofc, of course my friend.... An entire challange based upon not dying, and youre idea is to give people resses
so that the purpose, the main purpose of that entire hardcore challange is also gone.

MArvelous idea.
HC has few downsides, notably that you can die with a bug, or generally by server issue and they don't give your character back, unlike on Ascension, but HC there is stupid so...

HC with basic setting of Vanilla WoW, enhanced by this server gives a new RP and cool setting and makes you build your character diferently here or there, plan your actions, be cautious etc. It's a great adventure and we got 300-400 players in the guild so...some people like to have a real fantasy experience; ]

Your words clearly state that you never tried HC. You CAN''T exp on low level mobs and if you would play HC you would notice that skinning is most recommended profession so...I can understand people killing low level mobs to get skins, as I do clean mines to get ore, or wipe whole mob camp to get a herb on my other toon. Why so toxic?

Wilsonsds

Post by Wilsonsds » Wed May 03, 2023 10:18 am

I was a HC addict until i lost my 33 rogue because my internet provider decided to make a maintenance in the middle of the night.

My character died to a level 20 mob. When i DCed i was almost full health.

That was a big immersion and game breaker. I know that there is no way back, and i just realized that there is no "safe planning". And I regret wasting time in a character that i lost without my own mistake.

For that i think for a server with mobs 30% harder and if you die your character cant for rezed for 7 days (or raid reset timers). For me, it would be more interesting, and everyone at least would be assured to not lose the time investment in their characters.

This could even persists on 60 (by player choice), with some minor twicks like insta rez on pvp battlegrounds.
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Lustrazalux (Mage - Frost)
Gondwana (Warlock - Demo)
Esmeralden (Druid - Resto)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)
Almandinite (Pally - Prot)

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed May 03, 2023 2:42 pm

We need a feature that brings a link up on a player's screen that forces them to read these rules when they start the HC challenge so we don't have half the HC population begging for a character res. I almost don't care how annoying it would be, I just want these people to shut up already and follow the rules set by the devs.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Wilsonsds

Post by Wilsonsds » Wed May 03, 2023 2:45 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:42 pm
We need a feature that brings a link up on a player's screen that forces them to read these rules when they start the HC challenge so we don't have half the HC population begging for a character res I almost don't care how annoying it would be, I just want these people to shut up already and read the rules.
maybe an automatic whisper when you become HC?
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed May 03, 2023 2:48 pm

Wilsonsds wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:45 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
We need a feature that brings a link up on a player's screen that forces them to read these rules when they start the HC challenge so we don't have half the HC population begging for a character res I almost don't care how annoying it would be, I just want these people to shut up already and read the rules.
Yep, this sounds better. Ascension does similar things with introducing players to the game or informing them of certain mechanics.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Wilsonsds

Post by Wilsonsds » Wed May 03, 2023 2:50 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:48 pm
Wilsonsds wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:45 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
Yep, this sounds better. Ascension does similar things with introducing players to the game or informing them of certain mechanics.
endeed, when i was starting on my first HC i had a longer learning curve bigger than necessary, sure that all information is in the website. But for me, and many others that ask around in the guild chat, this message would help a lot.
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)

Eldirian

Post by Eldirian » Wed May 03, 2023 3:30 pm

Make it be written with BIG FAT LETTERS before they accept the HC challenge from the stranger on lvl 1. Oh and make it in Azbuka too lol.

Belphegore

Post by Belphegore » Wed May 03, 2023 5:10 pm

Make it 20 popup messages they need click, including one where they have to write 'no_resurrection'....
Even then, the threads will keep coming I bet :)

Ansheyowski

Post by Ansheyowski » Thu May 11, 2023 9:26 am

Dying in bgs also count as hc death?

Rat2156

Post by Rat2156 » Thu May 11, 2023 9:33 am

Belphegore wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:10 pm
Make it 20 popup messages they need click, including one where they have to write 'no_resurrection'....
Even then, the threads will keep coming I bet :)
They'll download an addon to auto click every popup and then they'll still complain that it's unfair that their character dies when it dies turtle_tongue

Post by 13667269818 » Thu May 18, 2023 3:23 am

i had reach the level at 60.i can see the hardcore mode in the Comprehensive interface still..
so how can i remove the buff at list.maybe i can paly in the raiding and PvP with no risk of lost my character

Stein

Post by Stein » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:52 pm

I have a main lvl60 normie, who I stopped playing with, because I burned out. I decided to try out HC challenge, read a lot on leveling strategy, was always very careful and cautious. I was happy leveling and enjoying HC challenge. At last, I can enjoy this server again! Until I got to lvl27 and I got disconnected from the server. I quickly logged back in and see my character dead.

HC characters should be protected from disconnects both client- and server-side. Something like Ascension does, where characters are teleported to a safe zone in case of disconnects. This is not a skill issue, this is not a failed hardcore challenge, this is a gambling with my or server internet provider.

I love this server and appreciate the work that was put in, but HC challenge should be about skill and adventure, not server infrastructure. You killed my motivation to play HC and Turtle Wow, and I am not getting back unless HC challenge will get updated. I will follow the development of the server, but you lost a loyal player for now (and most likely many others, who enjoyed HC and quit, because of strict rules).