Hardcore Rules

User avatar
Torta
Posts: 739

Hardcore Rules

Post by Torta » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:20 pm

Hello, weary traveler!

We are happy to announce a release of a new World of Warcraft gaming mode on Turtle WoW. Inspired by Diablo games and actual Hardcore Challenge of Classic realms, we welcome you to join the true test of your player's skills: leveling as a mortal being.

The ultimate goal of this challenge is to reach level 60 without ever dying. Once you’re level 60, you can participate in raiding and PvP without a risk of losing your character.

To join the challenge, create a character as usual and find the NPC named Mysterious Stranger in your starting location. Accept and complete the quest “Stay awhile and listen…” to become mortal. This decision is irreversible. Your bags, bank and mail items will be erased once you turn mortal.

You will automatically join a guild of hardcore players to help you easily find players who are also leveling hardcore characters. You are free to leave this guild and join any other guild or continue adventure alone.

Rules

• When your character dies, the game ends for you. If you choose to create and play a hardcore character, you do so at your own risk: we will not restore any deceased hardcore characters for any reason including connection problems, bugs, global warming, your little sister, or any other reason whatsoever.
• Dead characters will remain locked on a selection screen unavailable for playing. As long as you don’t delete them, characters above level 10 will be displayed on our scoreboard.
• You will be able to trade items and gold only with other Hardcore characters as long as the difference between your levels isn’t higher than 5.
• You will be able to group up only with other Hardcore characters as long as the difference between your levels isn’t higher than 5.
• Hardcore characters can not trade, nor buy on Auction House.
• Hardcore characters can use mail, but with no attachments.

Rewards

At level 60 you will be awarded with the title “Immortal”, unique tabard and a mount.

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 283

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Unangwata » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:12 pm

Nokia wtf

Please make Softcore mode, with same restrictions but no death penalty.

User avatar
Dasajj
Posts: 74

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Dasajj » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:40 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:12 pm
Please make Softcore mode, with same restrictions but no death penalty.
Pretty sure that defeats the whole point of the endeavor.

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 283

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Unangwata » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:19 pm

Dasajj wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:40 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:12 pm
Please make Softcore mode, with same restrictions but no death penalty.
Pretty sure that defeats the whole point of the endeavor.
Huh? Add another mode with same restrictions but no penalty on death, worse rewards, but you can still enjoy other aspects while playing with peace of mind that you won't lose everything on crash. I thought Turtle is about slow and peace of mind.

User avatar
Kalocsa
Posts: 34

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Kalocsa » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:58 pm

This mod is not for fragile and breakable buddies. The vote has been decided thats it.
Death = end of the dream. But at least, not a delete, maybe.

To add my little idea, it could be possible to log on the realm, but impossible to ress, so u can still be a fantom. That was the useless feature from another realm, but i like the idea, we could do that so all fallen heroes could gather somewhere just for the fun and the accomplishment. And just something more than you dead character written on the ladder.
"Even the biggest mouth clam on a thread, can enclose a goldern pearl."

User avatar
Dasajj
Posts: 74

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Dasajj » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:07 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:19 pm
Dasajj wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:40 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:12 pm
Please make Softcore mode, with same restrictions but no death penalty.
Pretty sure that defeats the whole point of the endeavor.
Huh? Add another mode with same restrictions but no penalty on death, worse rewards, but you can still enjoy other aspects while playing with peace of mind that you won't lose everything on crash. I thought Turtle is about slow and peace of mind.
I would say making these exceptions is a gateway to an exponential splitting of hairs.

Turtle wow has plenty of features to keep the journey going long after the usual length of time on any other server. This optional mode will encourage even slower gameplay as caution becomes even more key to survival.

If crashing, dc, and bugs were so prevalent on this server to significantly effect the challenge, there would be a bigger audience addressing the point.

User avatar
Mikeloss
Posts: 25
Location: Portugal

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Mikeloss » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:14 pm

Kalocsa wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:58 pm
To add my little idea, it could be possible to log on the realm, but impossible to ress, so u can still be a fantom. That was the useless feature from another realm, but i like the idea, we could do that so all fallen heroes could gather somewhere just for the fun and the accomplishment. And just something more than you dead character written on the ladder.
This,Please!
Let us log into the realm as Spirit! It is useless in itself but it can be a nice feature for Role-Playing.

Galan
Posts: 1

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Galan » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:47 pm

Is it possible to do both hardcore and turtle mode at the same time?

User avatar
Kalocsa
Posts: 34

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Kalocsa » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:08 am

Galan wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:47 pm
Is it possible to do both hardcore and turtle mode at the same time?
They said yes. You will be able to be in mortal mod, glyph of turtle and glyph of exhaustion all cumulated
"Even the biggest mouth clam on a thread, can enclose a goldern pearl."

Bloodigniter
Posts: 1

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Bloodigniter » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:48 am

Unangwata wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:12 pm
Nokia wtf

Please make Softcore mode, with same restrictions but no death penalty.

What are the restrictions exactly? What would you play softcore mode for? Are you actually serious, dude? Help me understand. dead_turtle_head A mode where I can't trade and use the auction house for no reason whatsoever?

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 283

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Unangwata » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:07 am

Bloodigniter wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:48 am
Unangwata wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:12 pm
Nokia wtf

Please make Softcore mode, with same restrictions but no death penalty.

What are the restrictions exactly? What would you play softcore mode for? Are you actually serious, dude? Help me understand. dead_turtle_head A mode where I can't trade and use the auction house for no reason whatsoever?
I think you answered yourself. Except you see no reason, I wonder what reason you see in anything else ?

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 283

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Unangwata » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:49 pm

Dasajj wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:07 pm
If crashing, dc, and bugs were so prevalent on this server to significantly effect the challenge, there would be a bigger audience addressing the point.
Perhaps no one will until it happens.

Personally, not dying isn't that big of challenge because when you realize it's the end if you die then you play safe way without risking it. The only threat that remains is technical problem such as dc. That's why I won't even start the challenge. Just my opinion, some may like the thrill.

Not dying is also opportunity for players to try to cheat the system. Like you can go around with your high level buddy and he can kill mobs u tagged or rescue you when in danger. You can even do it with other account. That's why I'm not a fan of death penalty and the race. I would just like to enjoy something like this mode where u depend on yourself, can't use auction etc and play turtle way- slow, but you can die.

Oswani
Posts: 12

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Oswani » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:55 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:49 pm
Dasajj wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:07 pm
If crashing, dc, and bugs were so prevalent on this server to significantly effect the challenge, there would be a bigger audience addressing the point.
Perhaps no one will until it happens.

Personally, not dying isn't that big of challenge because when you realize it's the end if you die then you play safe way without risking it. The only threat that remains is technical problem such as dc. That's why I won't even start the challenge. Just my opinion, some may like the thrill.

Not dying is also opportunity for players to try to cheat the system. Like you can go around with your high level buddy and he can kill mobs u tagged or rescue you when in danger. You can even do it with other account. That's why I'm not a fan of death penalty and the race. I would just like to enjoy something like this mode where u depend on yourself, can't use auction etc and play turtle way- slow, but you can die.
I agree that with the current ruleset avoiding death shouldn’t be too hard, especially since most have been through vanilla a few times.

That’s why currently I’m limiting my gear use to grey-white quality. By eliminating gear stats it puts a greater emphasis on collecting armor kits, sharpening stones, cooking recipes, potions/elixirs, and enchants (usually from other players). But that’s just my restriction to increase the difficulty.

I also agree that currently it’s still possible to cheat the system as you said, but there’s only so much the devs can do with the client and monitoring players.

That type of behavior is unavoidable, so personally I accept the limitation and just focus on getting my toon to 60 as a personal challenge (realm first be damned!)

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 283

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Unangwata » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:50 pm

Oswani wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:55 pm

That’s why currently I’m limiting my gear use to grey-white quality. By eliminating gear stats it puts a greater emphasis on collecting armor kits, sharpening stones, cooking recipes, potions/elixirs, and enchants (usually from other players). But that’s just my restriction to increase the difficulty.
This is the reason I asked for Softcore mode, all restrictions from hardcore apart from death penalty, so you can have experience you explained within game system, and possibly some reward. I'd like that.

Lothradis
Posts: 7

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Lothradis » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:25 am

I can't see the Mysterious Stranger in Northshire.

NVM, not released yet. This turtle can't read.

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 283

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Unangwata » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:24 pm

Torta wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:20 pm
If you choose to create and play a hardcore character, you do so at your own risk: we will not restore any deceased hardcore characters for any reason including connection problems, bugs, global warming, your little sister, or any other reason whatsoever.
This is pretty ignorant. You neglect what players may experience when something like that happens. And also take no responsibility for it if it happens. "I don't care"

User avatar
Torta
Posts: 739

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:49 pm

Unangwata wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:24 pm
Torta wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:20 pm
If you choose to create and play a hardcore character, you do so at your own risk: we will not restore any deceased hardcore characters for any reason including connection problems, bugs, global warming, your little sister, or any other reason whatsoever.
This is pretty ignorant. You neglect what players may experience when something like that happens. And also take no responsibility for it if it happens. "I don't care"
Those are original rules of Hardcore gameplay. This is not for everyone.

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 283

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Unangwata » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:49 pm
Unangwata wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:24 pm
Torta wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:20 pm
If you choose to create and play a hardcore character, you do so at your own risk: we will not restore any deceased hardcore characters for any reason including connection problems, bugs, global warming, your little sister, or any other reason whatsoever.
This is pretty ignorant. You neglect what players may experience when something like that happens. And also take no responsibility for it if it happens. "I don't care"
Those are original rules of Hardcore gameplay. This is not for everyone.
You can't control who plays or who is appropriate? Thus you create unsafe environment. Death penalty is extreme, you had different options.

User avatar
Dasajj
Posts: 74

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Dasajj » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:49 pm
Those are original rules of Hardcore gameplay. This is not for everyone.
It’s rough but them’s the breaks. Looking forward to a long arduous journey of risks and rewards...if I survive.

Kellc77
Posts: 1

Re: Hardcore (Mortal) Mode: Rules

Post by Kellc77 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:50 pm

I'm assuming the character has to be level 1? I don't see that written anywhere, but.. or does the stranger start them over as level 1?

Post Reply