Hardcore Rules

User avatar
Ravielsk
Posts: 24

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Ravielsk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:05 am

So once you hit 60 you can again use the auction house and mail attachments or is that a permanent handicap?

User avatar
Torta
Posts: 734

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Torta » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:57 am

Ravielsk wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:05 am
So once you hit 60 you can again use the auction house and mail attachments or is that a permanent handicap?
Once you're 60, you can play the game as any other player: use AH, mail, die and raid.

Chponk
Posts: 1

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Chponk » Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 pm

Just died because of dc...pfff

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 279

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Unangwata » Thu May 13, 2021 3:23 pm

Chponk wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 pm
Just died because of dc...pfff
I was, am, against perma death, mainly because I wanted to spare you this experience.. lol
It's little bit too hardcore

User avatar
Merikkinon
Posts: 189

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Merikkinon » Sat May 15, 2021 2:34 pm

How else would you make it HC???

There's literally nothing else hard about it! You can use all the bonus power gear in the game. It's not like you are relegated to white/grey gear or something that is particularly challenging.

So then, what would be the challenge to make it HC?

User avatar
Ravielsk
Posts: 24

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Ravielsk » Sat May 15, 2021 7:07 pm

Merikkinon wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:34 pm

So then, what would be the challenge to make it HC?
Easy, you lose EXP and de-level or lose your equipment or your spells or your gold. There is a lot of ways to make a Hardcore mode without perma death. Which btw is one of those things that do not really work in WoW(unless you are cheesing it) because of how mob aggro and respawns work.

On that note I think that HC rewards are kinda weak, especially in comparison to turtle mode. I mean the later really just slows you down and gives rewards every 10 levels. HC quite literary cripples your ability to even make gold and its rewards only manifest at 60 and are entirely cosmetic. It could use some basic tweak like for example higher exp rates: you cannot die but you get more exp(something around 1.5-2x rates). Or something along those lines would fit in nicely with the concept of a hardcore mode. The risk is higher but so are the rewards.

User avatar
Gheor
Posts: 172

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Gheor » Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 pm

Ravielsk wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:07 pm
Merikkinon wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:34 pm

So then, what would be the challenge to make it HC?
Easy, you lose EXP and de-level or lose your equipment or your spells or your gold. There is a lot of ways to make a Hardcore mode without perma death. Which btw is one of those things that do not really work in WoW(unless you are cheesing it) because of how mob aggro and respawns work.

On that note I think that HC rewards are kinda weak, especially in comparison to turtle mode. I mean the later really just slows you down and gives rewards every 10 levels. HC quite literary cripples your ability to even make gold and its rewards only manifest at 60 and are entirely cosmetic. It could use some basic tweak like for example higher exp rates: you cannot die but you get more exp(something around 1.5-2x rates). Or something along those lines would fit in nicely with the concept of a hardcore mode. The risk is higher but so are the rewards.

I think doing what you're saying defeats the purpose, it sounds like something that wouldn't be the hardcore mode at all.
Sadly this mode doesn't please everyone and we understand that, as I have stated in another post, we don't see a majority of the hardcore community sharing this opinion.

As for the rewards, the title and the mount is all you get because if you were to obtain something every ten level it would defeat the purpose of hardcore gameplay, there is always the optional Turtle Mode.

All in all this mode was created to challenge yourself to do something, prove yourself and others that you can reach level 60 without dying.
A sheet of paper and a pen can give birth to many things.

Gheor

Kratos

Jekka
Posts: 12

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Jekka » Sat May 15, 2021 11:53 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 pm

All in all this mode was created to challenge yourself to do something, prove yourself and others that you can reach level 60 without dying.
This.
“Nothing is lost. Nothing is forgotten. It was in the blood, the flesh. And now, it is forever.” - Prophet of Hakkar The Soulflayer

User avatar
Unangwata
Posts: 279

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Unangwata » Thu May 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:20 pm
Ravielsk wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:07 pm
Merikkinon wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:34 pm

So then, what would be the challenge to make it HC?
Easy, you lose EXP and de-level or lose your equipment or your spells or your gold. There is a lot of ways to make a Hardcore mode without perma death. Which btw is one of those things that do not really work in WoW(unless you are cheesing it) because of how mob aggro and respawns work.

On that note I think that HC rewards are kinda weak, especially in comparison to turtle mode. I mean the later really just slows you down and gives rewards every 10 levels. HC quite literary cripples your ability to even make gold and its rewards only manifest at 60 and are entirely cosmetic. It could use some basic tweak like for example higher exp rates: you cannot die but you get more exp(something around 1.5-2x rates). Or something along those lines would fit in nicely with the concept of a hardcore mode. The risk is higher but so are the rewards.

I think doing what you're saying defeats the purpose, it sounds like something that wouldn't be the hardcore mode at all.
Sadly this mode doesn't please everyone and we understand that, as I have stated in another post, we don't see a majority of the hardcore community sharing this opinion.

As for the rewards, the title and the mount is all you get because if you were to obtain something every ten level it would defeat the purpose of hardcore gameplay, there is always the optional Turtle Mode.

All in all this mode was created to challenge yourself to do something, prove yourself and others that you can reach level 60 without dying.
You shouldn't look at what majority says. Exceptional thoughts are rare and you shouldn't expect them from majority, recognize them when they appear. Millions of people use TV but it was invented by exceptional thought, not by force of numbers.. lol. Im not saying my tought is exceptional btwn..

User avatar
Merikkinon
Posts: 189

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Merikkinon » Fri May 21, 2021 1:24 pm

I think that, just like the BLizzard community (and most communities online), the opinion of the majority really isn't known because not enough to make a 'majority' voice their opinion, and then it doesn't have an official census to it.

There is also the aspect that only a few people read the forum (versus the Discord, which isn't a good forum to gain consensus at all due to the scattershot approach people take with it - reading approach, topic on top of topic). Even fewer comment. So then it is the comment of just a few versus the non-comment/non-awareness of the vast majority of the playerbase.

I think either way, the truth will out.

Nugada
Posts: 1

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Nugada » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:05 am

Sorry, but what exactly changes if you manage to get to level 60 (aside from the rewards you receive)? Says you will be able to participate in raids without risk of loosing my character, but is that it? I mean, can't you play normally, use the auction house, trade with other players without restriction, enter PvP areas without the risk of loosing the character, die out of dungeon, etc?

User avatar
Tinyfin
Posts: 57

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Tinyfin » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:35 am

Nugada wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:05 am
Sorry, but what exactly changes if you manage to get to level 60 (aside from the rewards you receive)? Says you will be able to participate in raids without risk of loosing my character, but is that it? I mean, can't you play normally, use the auction house, trade with other players without restriction, enter PvP areas without the risk of loosing the character, die out of dungeon, etc?
When you reach 60 your hardcore character becomes a normal character. All restrictions are removed.
Il be a paladin someday!

Hannycz
Posts: 1

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Hannycz » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:22 pm

Chponk wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 pm
Just died because of dc...pfff
Same, server DC (not my internet), after 5 min of trying to log back in, my almost 20 shaman is dead. Didn't even have aggro before DC. Absolute nonsense. Took all my motivation away tbh.

User avatar
Glittergold
Posts: 5
Location: Australia

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Glittergold » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:44 pm

Why all the complaining? Want hard, do Ironman like the retail and classic servers do. No potions or buffs, or buff food. No professions. Only white and gray gear, no instances. No skills and yes you register for it so cheating is caught pretty fast. But why would you cheat? Disqualification for using potions, anything other than self buffs or any weapon or gear green or above.
This version of hardcore is a very nice version. It fits in with the relaxed Turtle wow style. I like it. It's TURTLERIFFIC! turtle_in_love_head

Post Reply