Staying 59

Fishvendor

Staying 59

Post by Fishvendor » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:53 pm

As it seems, once you hit 60 the hardcore experience is essentially over. You become a normal character and can die as much as you want, and (i believe) you can trade with whomever, interact with non hardcore players (correct me if I’m wrong) but it seems that’s where the journey ends.

Someone randomly mentioned staying at Lvl 59 in game (with the twinking Glyph from speedy)... And it felt like it all clicked. Why end the fun of hardcore by reaching immortality? If more people are interested in staying 59 essentially being ‘max’ in Hardcore, then the hardcore groups can really experience the bit of endgame while still having the risk of dying. I personally think this sounds like the most enjoyable outcome, and I’ll probably encourage whoever I can to consider it... What about everyone else? Doesn’t the finish line sound kind of boring?

Dasajj

Re: Staying 59

Post by Dasajj » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:46 am

So long as they are fine with potentially losing their toon after all that investment, go for it.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:15 am

I see most people being intrigued by the theory, but when the time comes to step out on the cliff, they be all, "Hells no"

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:48 pm

There's a Glyph of Twinking in Speedy's shop. It will stop all XP gain when you carry it.
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Dem0nfightr

Post by Dem0nfightr » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:27 pm

I was wondering about how its going to feel weird when you get to 60 and there's no risk. I'm just reaching 20 on hardcore and the risk of dying starts to feel normal (The one time i nearly died i jumped out of my chair tho) . There could be a glyph or quest when reaching 60 to get the immortal title but then choose to become mortal from the same quest giver.. awesome RP but kick in the balls if they died! He would have to retire somewhere peaceful

Dasajj

Post by Dasajj » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:39 am

Dem0nfightr wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:27 pm
I'm just reaching 20 on hardcore and the risk of dying starts to feel normal (The one time i nearly died i jumped out of my chair tho) .
My advice to normalcy is only using white quality gear. Great way to keep the hand of death firmly clenching your shoulder as you play.

Good luck to 60, mon.

Gravitus

Post by Gravitus » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:54 pm

It's an awesome idea, and if I hit 59 I'm up for it.

I feel that trying to catch up as a fresh HC survivor/fresh 60 on this server to Naxx-geared players with legendries in a low pop environment is a daunting if not impossible prospect. This would usually turn me off from the server entirely, however the 59 HC sounds fresh where nobody's ahead of anyone else.