What professions should you take as a beginner?

Rudyraccoon

What professions should you take as a beginner?

Post by Rudyraccoon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:12 pm

So, I've only just started playing on here and I'm kind of torn what professions I should take. I'm playing as a Hunter and I don't know if I should be taking two gathering professions at the start or take either Engineering/Mining, Leatherworking/Skinning or Alchemy/Herbalism? I did take up Engineering/Mining, I haven't really started on Engineering but I don't know if I'm making a mistake with that?

Roxanneflowers

Re: What professions should you take as a beginner?

Post by Roxanneflowers » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:40 pm

My personal recommendation is Leatherworking/Skinning with an aim of specializing in Dragonscale Leatherworking once reaching 40+ as a Hunter. This will allow you to craft your own armor.

Laurent

Post by Laurent » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:43 pm

If you're looking to keep your professions up as you level, you should go Skinning/Leatherworking so you can grab some gear.
If you want to do crafting later, grab Skinning and Mining, sell the ore on the AH as you level.
Engineering is very good, but is mostly PVP oriented, whereas Alchemy is PVP + PVE.
Enchanters are ALWAYS needed, but it's a very difficult prof to level.

In the end, it's up to you.
----------------------
All for Naught?
---
Kylent
Remi
Trixie
Weazil
----------------------

Lexi

Post by Lexi » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:03 pm

If you go mining engineering you'll still be getting gear, you'll also be getting special tools that might help you get away from fights you wouldn't be able to normally. Also endgame you're practically forced to be an engineer if you want to be able to defeat a slime boss in AQ40 . Might as well get it done while leveling in my opinion.

Laurent

Post by Laurent » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:34 pm

Lexi wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:03 pm
If you go mining engineering you'll still be getting gear, you'll also be getting special tools that might help you get away from fights you wouldn't be able to normally. Also endgame you're practically forced to be an engineer if you want to be able to defeat a slime boss in AQ40 . Might as well get it done while leveling in my opinion.
Fair points! I didn't know about the AQ boss.
----------------------
All for Naught?
---
Kylent
Remi
Trixie
Weazil
----------------------