Weaponsmith: Turtle changes?

Rytz

Weaponsmith: Turtle changes?

Post by Rytz » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:14 am

Hi:

I was just curious if there are any changes that either add recipes or improve existing ones to make Weaponsmith more end-game viable when compared against Armorsmith? I tried searching through discord and the forums but didn't find anything. Is there a way to a list of new/changed items in the game?

I'm doing Weaponsmith regardless if there have been changes but It would be nice to take something like Hammersmith and actually have it be more than just "different for fun" or an RP-factor/flex.

I've always found it frustrating that there is another sub-specialization after Weaponsmith (Sword/Axe/Hammer). Armorsmith doesn't work that way. It's like they wanted to cheese Weaponsmith into it's own profession tree without actually doing it (whereas armor crafting is actually 3 separate professions between cloth/leather/mail/plate).

Thanks.

Sinrek

Re: Weaponsmith: Turtle changes?

Post by Sinrek » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:22 am

There aren't just yet. We plan to improve crafting for professions overall so it's a work in progress.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Rytz

Post by Rytz » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:15 am

Sinrek wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:22 am
There aren't just yet. We plan to improve crafting for professions overall so it's a work in progress.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Jeowindy

Post by Jeowindy » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:14 pm

Hello :) News for this post ?

Pareownko

Post by Pareownko » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:26 pm

Bump

Nightowl

Post by Nightowl » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:56 am

I don't know much about professions here and it's a shame that there's no guide, but here are a few things I've noticed:
Blacksmithing:
- 230s for a level 45 full plate (helm requires 230 smithing to use however, but the rest of 5 pieces do not). You learn this from Smithing trainers.
- 300 for a set of full plate whose plans drop from Balnazzar. It's 6 pieces (+1 weapon plan) that are bind on pickup and require plans + 300 smithing to make. They're all level 58 and are fairy strong, though it's a dps set and not a tanking one. "Rune-etched" is the name.
- Swordsmithing allows you to make the final piece of Rune-etched gear, the 300 swordsmith smithing runeblade. It's like 58 but is equal to revered reward from High Elf/Troll factions. Once you make you also get a lengthy epic quest that will later upgrade it to 2h sword that is slightly stronger than AV reward.
- There are also "Deflection Shoulders" that require nothing, but it's a boss from world boss "Nerubian Overseer", they give 2% chance on hit to counterattack.

I think that is mostly it for BS, but I may be wrong, these are just the things I learned over time.

Leatherworking:
- There are 4 pieces of leather gear designed for feral druids, "Windwalker boots" is the only one I know of, but they're all somewhere on the level of Lionheart and it's plate leggings equivalent ("Titanic leggings" I believe?) - though slightly weaker. I was however told that they're cheaper to make but I haven't confirmed that part.
- A leveling set "Grifter" is also introduced. I believe it's 230ish like plate set. It's designed for Enhancement Shaman/Feral Druid, but others can also benefit.

Tailoring:
- 2 leveling sets, but apparently they require 300 tailoring at least I was told that, they're all late 30s but come with spellpower, int and sometimes even hit - for dps set. Healing set is perfect for Priest because it comes with healing power, spirit and other goodies.

I think that's about it, and I'm sure that they've added more but you can't get info anywhere so you're sorta stumbling in the dark till you find out bits of info. I think it would have been better to create a compendium of all new recipes and changes in Turtle-WoW Professions.

P.S: I also think that it's bad that only Sword-wielders can get an epic sword. Would be great if they could for example add a craftable 2h mace that would benefit Shaman or Druid, or even Warrior still because he can use maces as well. One that becomes epic after a lengthy questline that is

Krusty

Post by Krusty » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:56 am

bumps

Dhrazar

Post by Dhrazar » Thu May 02, 2024 1:30 pm

Imho all weapons smith specializations should be combined together.
Since this post was created in 2021, no Axe-, Sword- nor Mace-smith is comparable to an Armorsmith.