Two Brothers - A Tauren Legend

Pistol

Two Brothers - A Tauren Legend

Post by Pistol » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:16 am

Long ago two Brothers, Honan and Akanda laid low all the great beasts of the Barrens with spear and bow. Their tribe grew and grew as others joined them in their hunts. The two Brothers ruled as chieftains side by side and were blessed with mates and many children filling their tents. The Brothers gave thanks to the Earth Mother and the spirits for their blessings.

The two Brothers hunted further and further from their home as the bounty provided did not give them the glory they sought. They knew the old stories of a lion, Darkmane with fur as black as coal and claws as sharp as daggers far to the south. This lion would be their greatest prize.

The Brothers tracked Darkmane for days and with the Earth Mother's blessing they cornered the great lion in its cave. They could not see the lion in the dark from the mouth of the cave so they entered spears in hand. Darkmane was crafty in his age and lied in wait for the Two Brothers. Darkmane pounced upon Akanda knocking his spear from his hand and they wrestled upon the floor. Akanda stabbed the great lion with his skinning knife as Honan thrust his spear into the lion's side again and again. The great lion died atop Akanda, the Brothers covered in its blood and their own. The Brothers did not thank the Earth Mother and the spirits for their hearts had swelled with pride.

Akanda grew ill from his wounds and waited three days in the cave as Honan returned home with the great lion's hide. Honan sent a hunting party to help his brother as their tribe celebrated the success of the hunt. Honan lied, telling all that could hear that he had slain Darkmane alone. He told all that his brother was injured before they entered the cave. Honan was praised.
Last edited by Pistol on Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Wolf Council (Officer) of <Wolfskull Clan>
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Vanguard of <Wrath of the Forsaken>
And numerous other characters
Editor of the Gutter

Pistol

Re: Two Brothers - A Tauren Legend

Post by Pistol » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:17 am

Akanda was brought back to the village and after three days he recovered. Rage grew within him as he heard all tell that Honan had slain the great lion by himself. None believed Akanda save for Akanda's mate and children, who knew that he had helped kill the great lion. This was not enough for Akanda for his heart had swelled with pride.

One night after the tribe celebrated the great hunt further, Akanda crept out of his tent with his skinning knife in hand. He entered Honan's tent and found his brother with his mate sleeping beneath Darkmane's hide. Akanda fell upon his brother and stabbed him as they struggled until Honan fought no longer.

Akanda fled to the wilds of the Barrens with the black lion's pelt upon his back. He wanders there unable to overcome his pride and his sorrow until the final darkening of the world.
Last edited by Pistol on Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:43 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Editor of the Gutter

Pistol

Post by Pistol » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:28 am

Honan's mate, Cheva wept as she left the bloodsoaked tent and looked to the sky where she saw her children and their cousins forever spilling each other blood upon the Barren's soil in a cycle of vengeance. The sons of Honan already enraged at their father's murder were readying for battle. Cheva went to Akanda's mate, Shima to tell her of this vision. Shima was wise and knew that Cheva spoke the truth. They thanked the Earth Mother for this vision and they knew what had to be done.

The tribe was separated to spare their children of further loss. The sons of Honan spread wide across the Barrens becoming known as the Skyseer tribe after Greathmother Cheva's vision. The sons of Akanda remained at the hunting camp becoming known as the Darkmane in remembrance of the great black lion and the murder that forever split their tribe.

The End.
Last edited by Pistol on Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Editor of the Gutter

Pistol

Post by Pistol » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:32 am

I hope yall enjoy, I'll be editing this further tomorrow after work.

I had this idea knocking around in my head for a while and thought it'd be a fun thing to write.
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Editor of the Gutter

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:02 am

Was fun reading. Post more!!
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Pistol

Post by Pistol » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:36 am

Glad to hear and I will be posting more things when I get around to it.
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Editor of the Gutter

Xantros

Post by Xantros » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:16 pm

Awesome story! Noticed how they went to hunt with the Blessing of the Earth Mother but in their Pride they didn't thank her. Pretty cool thing that! :)

Pistol

Post by Pistol » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:08 am

Thank you, this is probably my favorite story I've written in a while
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Editor of the Gutter

Zhohan