Process For Getting Custom Content And Ideas Implemented?

Magicono43

Process For Getting Custom Content And Ideas Implemented?

Post by Magicono43 » Sat May 29, 2021 1:12 am

So I have been looking around a little bit and could not really find what I was looking for, so I decided may as well make a post about this specific question.

So what is the exact process/workflow to get some ideas that I have for TurtleWoW onto the server and into the code-base, etc? I have seen the creation tools for Items, NPCs, and Quests, but from those tools I don't really get the idea of what one has to do to get those created items, npcs, quests, etc into the next updates and such. Also what about things not listed in that tool-set such as custom crafting recipes/patterns for the various professions, or even custom abilities/professions such as how the survival professions works and such.

Anyway just wanted to make a general post about this as I obviously would like to add some of the above things but don't have much idea of what I would have to do to get started on that besides messaging somebody on Discord and hoping they are not too busy or something. Thanks for any additional info.

Sinrek

Re: Process For Getting Custom Content And Ideas Implemented?

Post by Sinrek » Sat May 29, 2021 1:50 am

I'd suggest you have a look at this.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat May 29, 2021 1:52 am

There's, also, a fresh example.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 » Sat May 29, 2021 7:27 pm

Thanks, Sinrek I'll read those and see if they achieve what I'm looking for.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:03 am

So after reading through some of the "Online Quest & Item Creator" thread, I'm still missing at what part some of the important details come in, such as location of where quest objects are put in the world, who is dealing with that part?

Such as in the recently added "Oil-Stained Gold" quest, there are oil drum objects in the ships that you have to collect, similar to the gnomish tool boxes in the same ships, but when is it determined where to place these objects, or who is doing that part? Or say for some of the newly added NPCs like the foxes in some of the areas.

I ask because I would like to do that part as well. Also, is it currently possible to add crafting recipes to the existing professions?

Starkobjekt

Post by Starkobjekt » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:33 pm

a few custom crafting recipes excist on twow so yes