[Concept] Spellbreakers

Ctmatsumoto

[Concept] Spellbreakers

Post by Ctmatsumoto » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:52 am

EDIT: Expanded topic here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3741

An idea to bring the Spellbreaker class into the game, exclusive to High elven warriors!

NPC: Lyandra Sunstrider <Spellbreaker Matriarch>
Blurb: Our people have suffered greatly, but we must persevere in the name of those who fell before us. Our high home will not be reclaimed twiddling our thumbs. Have faith and hone your abilities. The road grows more dangerous ahead of us.
Option 1: Are you next in line to lead the Kingdom of Quel’Thalas?
Reply 1: Though I may carry the Sunstrider name, I’m distantly related to the dynasty you are familiar with. I have no true claim to the throne, nor do I yearn for it.
Option 2: I have come to learn. (Opens up merchant window; High elven Warrior only)

Level 10: Spellbreaker Training I (Passive) - Skill with one-handed Swords and Defense is increased by 5. [3 silver, 60 copper]

Level 15: Mana Feedback (Active) - The warrior becomes surrounded with anti-magic energy. Each melee attack from the warrior will burn x of the target’s Mana, causing 1 Arcane damage for each point of Mana burned. Lasts 15 sec. Doesn’t affect targets without mana. 3 minute cooldown. 15 rage. Requires Spellbreaker Training I. [19 silver, 80 copper]

Level 20: Spellbreaker Training II (Passive) - Increases resistance to Arcane damage by 10. Has a 5% chance of increasing melee attack speed by 15% for 10 seconds when hit with a spell that deals arcane damage. Requires Spellbreaker Training I. [1 gold, 26 silver]

Level 25: Control Magic (Active) - Takes control of the nearest enemy summoned unit for 10 seconds, causing them to attack their summoner and allies. 3 minute cooldown. 20 rage. Requires Spellbreaker Training II. [2 gold, 88 silver]

Level 30: Spellbreaker Training III (Passive) - Increases attack speed with one-handed swords by 1% and decreases your chance to be hit with damaging spells by 2% when equipped with a shield. Requires Spellbreaker Training II. [4 gold, 50 silver]

Level 35: Spellsteal (Active) - Steals a beneficial magic effect from the target. This effect lasts a maximum of 2 min, but never more than the duration remaining on the target from which it was stolen. 40 yd range. 20 rage. Global cooldown. Requires Spellbreaker Training III. [8 gold, 64 silver]

Level 40: Spellbreaker Training IV (Passive) - Has a 5% chance of reflecting 30% of damage received from an offensive spell back to the enemy caster when equipped with a shield. Requires Spellbreaker Training III. [16 gold, 80 silver]

Note: I’ve never played Warrior. This would obviously have to be more fine-tuned at a level above me.
Last edited by Ctmatsumoto on Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Geojak

Re: [Concept] Spellbreakers

Post by Geojak » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:32 pm

Here me out but... What if... Spellbreakers...are a actually the blood elf... PALADINS form tbc.
Msg

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:50 pm

So aside the fact that Alliance already got one of the most popular races while Horde got Goblins you now want to give them an exclusive Class/Specc too? :/

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:03 am

I do not want to see even more high elves around. It's already a big eyesore.

Also, warriors need the opposite of buffs.

Ctmatsumoto

Post by Ctmatsumoto » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:14 am

Geojak wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:32 pm
Here me out but... What if... Spellbreakers...are a actually the blood elf... PALADINS form tbc.
Except . . . They’re not.
Karrados wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:50 pm
So aside the fact that Alliance already got one of the most popular races while Horde got Goblins you now want to give them an exclusive Class/Specc too? :/
An exclusive few spells. Not an entire class or spec all to themselves. It’s also lore-based, just like why High elves are a part of the Alliance.
Gantulga wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:03 am
I do not want to see even more high elves around. It's already a big eyesore.

Also, warriors need the opposite of buffs.
It’s not an eyesore for me.

Exactly why I said this would probably need to be fine-tuned so it doesn’t bolster High elven warriors too much.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:52 am

Karrados wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:50 pm
I always thought Goblins would be the neutral race that chooses both Alliance and Horde only for the sake of profit. Hence why Goblin towns are neutral and accept players from both factions. I've always wanted to be a Goblin that fights for the Alliance.

Papum

Post by Papum » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:58 am

That is the ideia on what i was suggestion for the protection paladin (but could be all paladin specs in general) to be like in my suggestions at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3546 . You have an magic using tank wich is the paladin but tied to the High Elfs race, much like each race of shamans in turtle wow has a different additional racial ability for being an shaman of that specific race. The paladin already resembles a lot of things as an spellbreaker (ex.: in retail the paladin had an damage reduction shield that could with glyphs also reduce magical damage taken) yet the High Elf could really make that be shown as being an racial specific extra that would push the High Elf paladin more into an Spellbreaker vibe, suits the lore.

An Example: Your ideia of "Level 40: Spellbreaker Training IV (Passive) - Has a 5% chance of reflecting 30% of damage received from an offensive spell back to the enemy caster when equipped with a shield. Requires Spellbreaker Training III. [16 gold, 80 silver]" once more check what i mentioned at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3546 for my ideia of an protection paladin change, yet it already exist ingame as in the paldin retribution tree 'Eye for an Eye' talent.

As for
Ctmatsumoto wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:14 am
Geojak wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:32 pm
Except . . . They’re not.
I really think that was really the vibe they were looking for the Bloodelf paladins in TBC.

Also tying this to the warrior class doesn't seem to go after the warrior flavour wich is all brawn no magic fantasy style.