Restart of Billzards Classic

Sirrollalot

Restart of Billzards Classic

Post by Sirrollalot » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:14 am

Dear Turtle WoW Team,

i'd like to start to play with a friend of mine on your Server.
While looking for a classic realm i heard a that blizzard will continue with a classic revival and some of the private
servers i visited before will shutdown their realms on the 25th August.

So my current question is,
what are your plans for that day?
Will your Concept keep alive after that day?

Best regards,
Andreas Müller

(PS the simlies are great = turtle_in_love )
Best regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

satisfied_turtle

Sinrek

Re: Restart of Billzards Classic

Post by Sinrek » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:05 am

Sirrollalot wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:14 am
Dear Turtle WoW Team,

I'd like to start to play with a friend of mine on your Server.
While looking for a classic realm I heard that blizzard will continue with a classic revival and some of the private
servers I visited before will shutdown their realms on the 25th of August.

So my current question is,
what are your plans for that day?
Will your Concept keep alive after that day?

Best regards,
Andreas Müller

(PS the smilies are great = turtle_in_love )
Greetings, Andreas.

Welcome in. We hope you will enjoy our little cosy server more than Blizzard's Classic since we do not plan to close our server and we have too many plans ahead to make our dear players happier, so stay a while and play as much as you like.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:15 pm

There's a couple of things to consider between Turtle WoW & Blizzard's Classic WoW...

1) Content - Turtle WoW has all of the 'true' classic content and more. The Turtle Devs have done a really good job releasing old/custom content, scripting events (Gurubashi Arena), and being present/responsive to the Turtle WoW community. Hard to say what the new 'classic' will be like with the talk of sharding and other changes. And I really doubt their developers will ever be as responsive as Pompa & Torta and their team.

2) Community - The Turtle WoW community is truely unique. The slow-and-steady mindset of this server has created a very relaxed attitude among the player base. The larger private WoW server community is pretty toxic. The go-go-go attitude ends-up being a race to the bottom when people burn through content and then bail when they get bored. We saw this back in October of 2018 when Turtle WoW launched. Players raced to 60 in 2-3 weeks time then had nothing to do because there weren't enough 60s to do anything with and left the server for the next new server launch to try and be first to clear all the content once again.

I have the same mixed feelings with my love of what Blizzard originally created and my love of Turtle WoW now. But today's Blizzard is NOT the same team as back in the late 90s and early 2000s. I think Classic WoW is their test to see if they can revive the franchise to simply make more money without having to create new content.

Anyways, it's all speculation until Classic WoW launches. I don't intend to roll a new toon at launch, but I will be watching what the private WoW server community says about it. Things are different this time around because they all know there's FREE servers they can go play on at any time! Blizzard's going to have to offer something of greater value to keep players paying $15/month when they can get the same basic thing for free elsewhere...

~Gifted

Sirrollalot

Post by Sirrollalot » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:39 am

Hey everybody,

thank for sharing your plans, i'm happy to hear that.
So we'd like to take a look inside of your concept, you'll find me as Rollalot (The Troll who fishes a lot) in the game.

Have a nice Day satisfied_turtle_head
Best regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

satisfied_turtle

Sesostris

Post by Sesostris » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:08 am

Hi guys, I m Athena.

When wow started I was amazed not only by its fresh content, but most of all about the quality of the player base and the stellar community they created as they went along.

I was then, Gnomecrusher, the Troll shaman, a cool ,low level guy, trying to earn respect as a Hordie.

As time progressed I decided to be a resto shaman (healer) and tried to antagonize priests and to show that shaman, contrary to the popular belief, can be a viable alternative to healing a party or a raid. I was able to do it, I earned my place in dungeons and raids and was happy about it.

But times changed. The game eventually lost its luster for me with the server mergers they tried, as the feeling of community was lost.

Tried many servers later on, other games, but could never gain the feeling of being a member of something important.

I wasn't trying to relive old times, I m wiser than that, but I was looking for something that appreciated the leveling procedure, a place where I got to earn my place by actions and where my actions had significance in the eyes of my piers.

And I found it in Turtle-Wow.

Will I move on with Classic?

Why?

Will I find a better community? Will I find better admins?

I don't think so and that's my answer.

Fedaykin

Post by Fedaykin » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Hiya, Im Fedaykin, I Played retail from launch till TBC, I was in a guild with RL friends and had a blast just walking around the game-world and seeing the sights (and occasionally running my ass off from the damn guards).
Old retail vanilla enchanted me with its depth most of all, from the way a path forked as i was walking thru STV, to how some stuff tied into the previous RTS games that this was born from. Fast forward thru all of Bl1zz's expacs and dumbing down of the game and i decided that this game wasn't for me. Ive been on multiple Pvt Serv's, and only a couple were great. The mindset of the player base was "Rushrushrush", then onto gank, pvp matches, gank sum more.
This game WAS originally designed as a story first, with OPTIONAL pvp in mind, (BGs-> OFC pvp, wander into an opposing faction's camp/city, pvp ofc. Having to corpse-run from your nursery to the nearest city, just so you didn't get killed by some 12 year old on a power trip, DEF not what was intended)
Bl1zz and most Pvt Servr owners just want to get that 'almighty dolla', so they chase the trends. SO far, from what i've seen, Turtle just wants to be the way it was originally meant to be.
For me and my wife and sons, THIS IS CLASSIC!!
So as long as the owners stay true to their word, we be here....

Thank you Big Turtles for taking the time and effort to reboot this game and keep it on the straight and Narrow... turtle_in_love_head turtle_in_love
turtle_tongue :: Meow!! :: turtle_tongue
And yes, Yes I have been around since BETA, and I don't recognized the red-headed stepchild this game has become.