Black screen

Glowingslow

Black screen

Post by Glowingslow » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:06 pm

I get a black screen on launching wow.exe and music is playing in the background, if i click anywhere the screen stops responding. I tried looking into config and see over screen size setting but both are set to "1". Please help.

Stonyblony

Re: Black screen

Post by Stonyblony » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:06 am

Having the same issue. I was messing with settings and deselected windowed mode. Game went black. deleting config folder yielded no change.

Fin

Post by Fin » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:41 am

For black screen:
Go to your config.wtf file found in your wtf folder which is in your main wow folder
Add those lines:
SET gxWindow "1"
SET gxMaximize "1"
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097

Stonyblony

Post by Stonyblony » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:59 am

Tinyfin wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:41 am
For black screen:
Go to your config.wtf file found in your wtf folder which is in your main wow folder
Add those lines:
SET gxWindow "1"
SET gxMaximize "1"
Thanks for the response, but the OP and I have tried this fix with no success.

I'm still having the issue but found a workaround. I can launch/run the game as administrator to play. It did reset all my settings, but I still get the black screen when I launch/run the game normally.

Is there separate config settings for a user and an admin?

UPDATE/FIX: I found an earlier thread post that mentioned to not store your turtle client folder in Program Files, but directly onto your Drive (i.e. C:/turtle_client_116). This allowed the config.wtf fixes to apply to launching the game normally. This fixed my issue with having to run the game as admin.

Akarion

Post by Akarion » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:05 am

Tinyfin wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:41 am
For black screen:
Add those lines:
SET gxWindow "1"
SET gxMaximize "1"
For me this solution worked, thanks!