IDK, made a post that got locked and here is my response

Zekythos

IDK, made a post that got locked and here is my response

Post by Zekythos » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:16 pm

After a longer break than i antisipated, i came back to alot of posts and a locked thread. after reading through, i would like to clear up things and update my standing on the issue. (HC and non-HC players spliting up)

I saw there were alot of strong oppinions on this one, some missunderstandings but not alot and i can see some of the arguments for having HC and non-HC on the same server.
But as the population incresses, SOME of these arguments become weaker.
Im bumbed out that i did not get to post this there and im sad that some, although very few, took things in a weird and unesecary direction.

THIS POST IS NOT AN INVITATION TO DISCUSS THIS FURTHER, as that might not be possible because people cant be cilivised.(again very few, but you dont need more to make it difficult)

As stated in some posts there, the HC community is active and vibrant. This is great, but that is only within that HC community.
Nobody but the ones that are in that community see that. The non-HC players arent in it and therefore dont see this because they are not in the community.(trying my best not to be misunderstod here)
Also didnt know that "HC players are big bad" mentality existed on such a large scale. Atleast not on a scale that was hinted at in the other post. i simply dont pay attention to negativity/ignore it in chat.

I also want to make it clear that i made no demands. i only tried to share my opinon and asked a question to the players.
I dont have much of a problem with the rules of hardcore, i just find the result of it to be weird and frustraiting.
What would happen after HC players ding 60, is something i did not think about. This would not be a problem if the solution was phasing,
but im told that is not possible so then ofc it becomes a valid consern. I dont have the solution, i was hoping someone might.

I saw a moderator shared the opinion of keeping the players together and i do respect that.
Especially when you bring in the limited server resources and the work for something like this, since they are working hard on other more important things.
Maybe a little quick on the "lock thread trigger", but that is understandable.

There is already a hybrid seperation right now, that sort of works but not entirly.
I liked the suggestion to let HC and non-HC players group up in the open world with in a 5 lvl range, since that is what HC players are already doing.
It will open up a door for greifing these HC players more easily, this is the one problem i see with that suggestion. Maybe someone comes up with a solution for that in the future.

I also saw some that suggests that we should try HC(almost as an argument), and to that i can only say that i dont find HC challanges to be that fun.
People are diffrent and find diffrent things fun. And that is a good thing.

I saw a moderator shared the opinion of keeping the players together and i do respect that.
Especially when you bring in the limited server resources and the work for something like this, since they are working hard on other more important things.
Maybe a little quick on the "lock thread trigger", but that is understandable.

Thread that im talking about: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3589&p=21610#p21610

English is not my first language and so im sorry for any grammatical errors, but i hope what i wrote here is clear for anyone that reads it.

There were alot that was said but i only have so much time. I would like to finish by saying sorry for being naive enough to think that a healthy discussion is possible anywhere on the internet.

Zekythos

Re: IDK, made a post that got locked and here is my response

Post by Zekythos » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:19 pm

Feel absolutley free to lock this thread when ever, but i would like for it to be up for atleast a few hours.
But then again i cant stop anyone.

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:56 pm

Hi there.

I'm the guy who locked the post--that was not your fault in any way, it was unfortunately done to prevent further disrespect as some folks were getting a little too heated in their arguments.

I'm going to unlock it for further discussion now as some time has passed, however, the same thing still stands: We do not plan to open a new realm currently, as it would overall damage the playerbase. I will open it nonetheless if you feel you want to add anything further.

The only thing I'll note for you is--you may feel you don't interact with many HC's, but you underestimate how many of them are in world chat. They're a large amount of the playerbase--so you've likely talked to more of them than you'd expect if you use World often :)
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Zekythos

Post by Zekythos » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:20 pm

i understand, it's fine that its locked. i have come to terms with it and wont be adding anything else. i have now spent enough time on it and accept it for what it is.
But thank you for being so understanding.

ill try to be more attentive as to who i speak to and gather more experience with all kinds of players.