Multiboxing rules clarification

Kopatych

Multiboxing rules clarification

Post by Kopatych » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:53 am

Dear Turtle WoW Team,
First of all I would like to thank you for the tremendous work you do. You have created the environment which is absolutely best in class and it’s truly appreciated.
I would like to clarify one point about multiboxing. There have been several situations which were not clear for me and I wanted to check with you what is right and what is not.
Imagine a player having 5 characters logged in at a time. One is the main one (let’s call it Char1), and the others (Char2,3,4,5) are simply constantly following Char1. The player does not use any software and simply alt+tabs between the windows for buffing/healing Char1 with Char2-5 and dealing damage with them.
Now, if the player meets the characters of another faction with PvP flag, here’s what I wanted to clarify.
The multiboxing is prohibited for PvP; but what if:
- Char1 has buffs from Char2-5 which gives him advantage; nevertheless, is it allowed to PvP with the buffs from other multiboxing chars?
- Is it allowed to PvP only using Char1, but still having Char2-5 passively following Char1? The player won’t switch to Char2-5 windows and will only be using one character without any single action on any other characters except of Char1, but technically there will be multiple windows on his PC launched at a time.
- If the above is not allowed, what is the valid way for the player to protect himself given the situation he’s attacked while multiboxing without any software?
Thank you in advance!

Sinrek

Re: Multiboxing rules clarification

Post by Sinrek » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:44 pm

Multiboxing in PvP under any circustances is prohibited. Please report such abuse with either names and timestamps of the event or with an equally informative screenshot or a video if possible.

Thank you.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:02 pm

That probably means warmode should be avoided by multobxoer

Kopatych

Post by Kopatych » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:31 am

Clear. Thank you Sinrek!

Vociferous

Post by Vociferous » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:42 pm

What if you activate war mode and choose not to participate in pvp? Let's say if it became a camping scenario, couldn't I just log off and come back later without breaking the rules? Am in pvp mode but not participating in pvp.