Augerer's Robe: Gear Removed + Bugs

Sy

Augerer's Robe: Gear Removed + Bugs

Post by Sy » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:17 pm

i'm sorry for bringing this up a second time after my post in the discord, but i really feel this sudden change of adding a tailoring requirement to equip Augerer's Robe is ridiculous, for multiple reasons.

Augerer's Robe is not an item that was acquired through some kind of bug or trick, but an item that people put their mats into having it crafted for them. this is not a crafting recipe that was only added like a week or two ago either, where a dev who implemented it might have missed to give it a profession requirement it was always intended to have. and this is also not some powerful endgame item, which needed to have this new requirement added to keep it balanced against other competing items, or anything else along those lines.

Augerer's Robe is a level 38 BoE that was available for crafting and wearing for months. until with the last server reset it suddenly got removed from most of the people who might have been using it, without notice or explanation. POOF, gone! just like that. i had to first write a ticket for what seemed like an obvious bug to both me and everyone i mentioned it to, and then follow that up with a question in the discord support channel to even get confirmation that this was in fact an intended change.

additionally, in the process several actual bugs (four that i've found so far) made it into the game alongside the intended-yet-undocumented change:

bug #1: i now have a soulbound BoE item sitting in my inventory for which i lack the requirements to actually equip it. because according to the sudden change, i should never have been able to equip it in the first place:

bug #2: the tooltip of my item still does not show any requirement besides level. for one of the people in my guild, it does show. for other people in my guild, it does not show, same as for me:

bug #3: even though i am no longer supposed to be able to wear it, nor supposedly should have ever been able to wear it, the item is still listed in my transmog library:

bug #4 (and this is where it gets really fun): the transmog system still lets me apply that skin to another item. doing so did consume a fashion coin as normal, and the item in question now lists Augerer's Robe as its transmogged skin item.
except when i actually equip that item, it simply has no skin at all, and shows my character in underwear. so now i have an underwear-skin item in my transmog library. and i assume this is true for every character who had at one point over the last few months equipped that robe, but is not themselves a tailor:

i understand sometimes changes need to be made to the game, even if it displeases some players who do not agree with that change. but no one i have spoken to about it so far feels this was an improvement, especially given the details of the implementation. i'm sure some players do feel it was indeed a good change, as the change would not have been made if there wasn't any reason for why it could be considered an improvement... but even so, i assume most players would still agree that taking away people's gear or other significant items without even telling anyone "hey, so, btw: we had to take away your gear, sorry about that", let alone giving advance notice or an explanation for the change (without having to ask support for clarification on what looks like a bug), is not an acceptable way of doing things.

and that is half the reason for why i find this change quite upsetting: i don't want to feel like any item i put gold or time into acquiring may at some point -- even weeks or months later -- simply be taken away. without even a word of explanation.

i know the turtle dev team is trying to make things work with limited staff and resources, especially currently. but this change was clearly very poorly implemented, and in my opinion very poorly thought-out to begin with. so i am hoping it can get reverted, with profession requirements in future only being added to new recipes, rather than retroactively to existing gear.

Cerilis

Re: Augerer's Robe: Gear Removed + Bugs

Post by Cerilis » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:26 pm

I was also considering to get this robe for my spellblade's rp set, even though she's a blacksmith. I had already started to gather the materials for a friendly tailor and I'm aghast to learn of this change ruining my plans. :/

I hope it can be reverted.

Nexxa

Post by Nexxa » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:29 pm

I don't have a lot of time to write up a very in-depth post and I feel Sy has done a good job of summing up how I feel anyway. Not a fan of this change either and I share the sentiment of concern that something I have crafted today might be useless to me tomorrow after this.

Serenissima

Post by Serenissima » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:30 pm

This seems a very strange and pointless change to make to me - why should clothing need the ability to be able to craft that clothing to wear it? It should be reverted and the requirement removed. This sets a very bad precedent, as it stands, for losing gear you legitimately gained.

Dekumomiya

Post by Dekumomiya » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:33 pm

It seems to be a pointless change that has made people waste money and mats. Hopefully it'll get fixed, but according to Tinyfin on discord the change was intentional.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:06 pm

Not sure about the robe, but for the steel plate Helm I had asked the devs to make it bop. It's a lvl 45 blue helm that makes any other helm until lvl 60 dungeons completely obsolete as it's just that good and easy to get.
Msg

Andrey1980

Post by Andrey1980 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:26 am

Update, improve the server, but why undress those who managed to craft, enchant and put on clothes somehow it’s not fair to the players, you broke all our plans! Leave the opportunity to deliver things.

Deekin

Post by Deekin » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:24 am

I do very much dislike the idea of items being able to be suddenly unequippable, especially if crafted / mogged / equipped. It's a time sink firstly.

I'd argue it's worse for RP means, because often cosmetics are part of the 'soul' of our character, not to make things too dramatic. I have two RP sets for Dee that if I could not wear any more would sting far more from an RP point of view than any amount of stats could afford.

Sy

Post by Sy » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:14 pm

Geojak wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:06 pm
It's a lvl 45 blue helm that makes any other helm until lvl 60 dungeons completely obsolete
i still don't think earned gear should suddenly be taken away from players months after those players have legitimately obtained the item. but i suppose i can understand the change to that Helmet to a degree. i can understand the reasoning for it, at least.

but a mid-level item making other loot obsolete is not the case for Augerer's Robe regardless. not remotely. the robe is a decent item (with appropriate mats cost), since hit is a good stat, but there are other cloth chest items of at least equal power even around that same level -- never mind anywhere before endgame content. there is even a blue level 40 BoE cloth chest piece that is also crafted by tailors, just 2 levels above Augerer's Robe, which is probably better than the level 38 robe.

so it really seems like the intention is to lock what is primarily a cosmetic item behind a profession requirement, even months after the item was originally implemented for any player to obtain. and i simply can not see how that seems like a reasonable change to make... even before getting into the absolute mess of how said change has actually been implemented in practise.