Greefers?

Demien88

Greefers?

Post by Demien88 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:56 am

So how do you deal with this problem? Lvl maybe 30 huntard keep killing lvl 8 or lower because I "attacked" "his" pet and got flagged. By the way why the heck his pet was attackable?

Steyr

Re: Greefers?

Post by Steyr » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:34 pm

I can confirm the fact. It's a lvl 43 orc hunter that has been repeatedly killing quest givers in Redridge ever since the merge.

Any player can flag himself for pvp either by attacking opposite faction, or using /pvp command. In your case he flagged himself deliberately so you would attack him and cause yourself get automatically flagged for pvp.

Additionally, the hunter was breaking rules about safespotting, from the server rules listed on forums :
Safespotting is the act of PvPing from an advantageous position that cannot be reached through regular jumping or walking. If you got to the position by using a spell, potion, wall climbing, or other additional means, it is likely safespotting.

I have checked server rules posted on forums, but it has nothing about griefing listed there. Some people mentioned that there are new rules posted on discord, so it would be nice if forum ones got updated.

Swarley420

Post by Swarley420 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:35 pm

The player has 2 Characters baiting them to aoe/attack or right click his pet
1- RedRidgeBoss - 43 Orc Hunter
2- Henchman - 21 Troll Hunter

Also he mainly follows HC characters to make that fault of right-clicking his yellow pet.

Kroppigamer

Post by Kroppigamer » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:58 am

His characters are redridgeboss a lvl 43 huntard and henchman add those to ur friends list so u know when he is online and what zone he is in. Furthermore I suggest never questing or doing a dungeon with this person. While the gnome protesting on size was going on today I saw world chat talking about him today

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:54 am

Safespotting is forbidden and player had been given a warning, also asked to avoid starting locations, because leveler's interests are in priority there.

Having a pet a bait isn't an issue: you can see it's subname 'Player's Pet' and avoid attacking it. Watch more carefully where you click.

Non-hardcore characters can earn 5 gold by killing him for a new weekly bounty quest.

Recently a vile criminal named Redridgeboss has been sighted in the premises of Lakeshire, murdering local townsfolk, hunting down clueless adventurers that fall into his devious traps and has so far evaded capture. His reign of terror on the town of Lakeshire must be stopped! On behalf of Military forces and royalty combined we issue an order for this person elimination, a reward much higher than any other ordinary criminal.

https://database.turtle-wow.org/?quest=70059

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:05 am

Torta wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:54 am
Safespotting is forbidden and player had been given a warning, also asked to avoid starting locations, because leveler's interests are in priority there.

Having a pet a bait isn't an issue: you can see it's subname 'Player's Pet' and avoid attacking it. Watch more carefully where you click.

Non-hardcore characters can earn 5 gold by killing him for a new weekly bouty quest.

Recently a vile criminal named Redridgeboss has been sighted in the premises of Lakeshire, murdering local townsfolk, hunting down clueless adventurers that fall into his devious traps and has so far evaded capture. His reign of terror on the town of Lakeshire must be stopped! On behalf of Military forces and royalty combined we issue an order for this person elimination, a reward much higher than any other ordinary criminal.

https://database.turtle-wow.org/?quest=70059
This is a fantastic way of addressing this issue. Really can't praise this approach more highly.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Steyr

Post by Steyr » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:43 am

Torta wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:54 am

I'd like to point out that some characters use area spells that can flag them for pvp unintentionally, if that pet deliberately crawls into aoe range.

Hopefully a warning will be enough to resolve this issue and placing a bounty on that character is an interesting way to discharge the situation.

Demien88

Post by Demien88 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:05 pm

Pet was for some reason red before I attacked it realized little too late it was someone's pet. The thing is if I ressed 5 times he would have killed me 5 times I ressed twice only but ofc he killed me within seconds. Yes it was that same orc

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:26 pm

Demien88 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:05 pm
Pet was for some reason red before I attacked it realized little too late it was someone's pet.
If it was red and not yellow, you were already PvP flagged. If you're not flagged, they would have appeared yellow. You could've been ganked by literally anyone in that moment.

Mcnair

Post by Mcnair » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:35 am

Pfwg wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:26 pm
Demien88 wrote:
Pet was for some reason red before I attacked it realized little too late it was someone's pet.
If it was red and not yellow, you were already PvP flagged. If you're not flagged, they would have appeared yellow. You could've been ganked by literally anyone in that moment.
Sadly there is a bug, where neutral PC 'followers' (pets and totems) sometimes are shown in red with the mob health bars. They do turn yellow if you select them, but that might be too late if you start with an attack.

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:10 am

Mcnair wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:35 am
Pfwg wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:26 pm
Demien88 wrote:
Sadly there is a bug, where neutral PC 'followers' (pets and totems) sometimes are shown in red with the mob health bars. They do turn yellow if you select them, but that might be too late if you start with an attack.
I didn't know that, but I'm frankly not surprised. Regardless, I think a good solution has been implemented but it'd be nice if hardcore characters could be somehow protected from this kind of thing. Getting PKed a few times and having your hardcore character tricked and ganked are two entirely different kettles of fish.