[WRONG] Mobs have 50% more HP

Rvindvnce

[WRONG] Mobs have 50% more HP

Post by Rvindvnce » Thu May 13, 2021 5:18 am

Hello again.

So I have noticed another critical flaw of this server.
When mobs start running away, I usually need 2-3 hits to finish them. If they don't dodge (facing away), of course.
Mobs have 30-50% (!) MORE HP than they should.
How do you even explain this?

As I said before, 5 minute respawn is also not "Blizzlike" at all, it's not even "normal" for any pserver.

PS If you don't see this as a problem, please just ignore this thread

Lexi

Re: [WRONG] Mobs have 50% more HP

Post by Lexi » Thu May 13, 2021 5:50 am

Your addon that calculates npc hp seems flawed. See: https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=14123

Edit: My addon is showing lvl 42 steeljaw snappers @around 1915-1920hp. While lvl 43 are showing at around 2250. These addons aren't perfect, but I'm not sure what is wrong with your addon.

edit2: while testing I found a hunter grinding there, and their addon showed about 1900 and a little under 2300. Nothing close to what you're addon is saying.

To be completely honest I'm starting to wonder if you're attempting to be malicious by lying rather than just being ill informed and wrong.
Last edited by Lexi on Thu May 13, 2021 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aenia

Post by Aenia » Thu May 13, 2021 6:16 am

Lexis numbers are identical to what i read from my UI.
I do not the numbers of Vanilla, but according to wowhead classic for the Steeljaw Snappers it looks pretty much spot on for me.

/Ainea

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Thu May 13, 2021 8:33 am

Mobinfo is not a reliable source for health calculations.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Rvindvnce

Post by Rvindvnce » Thu May 13, 2021 8:35 am

Lexi wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 5:50 am
Your addon that calculates npc hp seems flawed. See: https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=14123

Edit: My addon is showing lvl 42 steeljaw snappers @around 1915-1920hp. While lvl 43 are showing at around 2250. These addons aren't perfect, but I'm not sure what is wrong with your addon.

edit2: while testing I found a hunter grinding there, and their addon showed about 1900 and a little under 2300. Nothing close to what you're addon is saying.

To be completely honest I'm starting to wonder if you're attempting to be malicious by lying rather than just being ill informed and wrong.
Alright friend, I am wrong AND lying.
My calculations AND addons are clearly broken and a lie.

Enjoy this server!

I won't post anything here from now, as it's pointless and people here hate the truth.
Goodbye everybody

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Thu May 13, 2021 11:59 pm

Ruindunce, you're the worst. Go elsewhere.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Fri May 14, 2021 7:15 am

Fizzeek wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:59 pm
"Community is chill" - Unknown Turtle WoW Staff Member 2021 :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Last edited by Jimmicz on Sat May 15, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Sat May 15, 2021 2:32 am

There's only so much of one person's BS I'll happily take. Check his post history before getting all judgy :P

Lexi

Post by Lexi » Sat May 15, 2021 5:41 am

Jimmicz wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:15 am
"Community is chill" - Uknown Turtle WoW Staff Member 2021 :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Almost every day he had a post that was both provably false and critical. It makes him look like a troll from another community sent to slander and discourage people from playing here. Sure there's a small chance he was just ill informed but the seer amount of bs he was spewing didn't exactly look good on his part especially when he continued after shown things he was critical of were working properly. Sure Turtle wow has some flaws and glitches but there aren't any among the things he brought up.
Last edited by Lexi on Sat May 15, 2021 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lexi

Post by Lexi » Sat May 15, 2021 5:42 am

Accidentally double posted.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Sat May 15, 2021 1:13 pm

Lexi wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:41 am
Jimmicz wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:15 am
"Community is chill" - Uknown Turtle WoW Staff Member 2021 :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Almost every day he had a post that was both provably false and critical. It makes him look like a troll from another community sent to slander and discourage people from playing here. Sure there's a small chance he was just ill informed but the seer amount of bs he was spewing didn't exactly look good on his part especially when he continued after shown things he was critical of were working properly. Sure Turtle wow has some flaws and glitches but there aren't any among the things he brought up.
Well to me it seems you telling somebody to bugger off just because he doesn't know that Vanilla API is not sending mob HP through and none of the addons are 100percent accurate.... and that can discourage people from playing here :-D

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat May 15, 2021 2:11 pm

Rvindvnce wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:35 am

Enjoy this server!

I won't post anything here from now, as it's pointless and people here hate the truth.
Goodbye everybody
I don't believe you. I bet you will.
Last edited by Merikkinon on Sat May 15, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat May 15, 2021 2:16 pm

Jimmicz wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:13 pm
Well to me it seems you telling somebody to bugger off just because he doesn't know that Vanilla API is not sending mob HP through and none of the addons are 100percent accurate.... and that can discourage people from playing here :-D
Seems to me that you are looking at a small instance of his behavior and the community's frustration with his disrespect and constant deriding of the server and devs and being judgmental about their defense of it and rejection of his behavior.

Read through the entire forum and look at his constant whining and deriding, and then come back and tell forum members they don't have a right to voice their dissatisfaction with his online behavior.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Mon May 17, 2021 12:28 pm

Merikkinon wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:16 pm
Jimmicz wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:13 pm
Seems to me that you are looking at a small instance of his behavior and the community's frustration with his disrespect and constant deriding of the server and devs and being judgmental about their defense of it and rejection of his behavior.

Read through the entire forum and look at his constant whining and deriding, and then come back and tell forum members they don't have a right to voice their dissatisfaction with his online behavior.
I mean the guy is pointing out something that he believes is wrong and in the very first instance, somebody is calling him a liar. Do you really think you can afford this with such a small pop? + we all know that most of the QA over here is done by players so, is he really that wrong pointing out things? and if that's the case wouldn't it be better to explain things to him rather than calling him a liar and telling him to ef off?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Mon May 17, 2021 9:14 pm

Rvindvnce wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 5:18 am
Hello again.

So I have noticed another critical flaw of this server.
When mobs start running away, I usually need 2-3 hits to finish them. If they don't dodge (facing away), of course.
Mobs have 30-50% (!) MORE HP than they should.
How do you even explain this?

As I said before, 5 minute respawn is also not "Blizzlike" at all, it's not even "normal" for any pserver.

PS If you don't see this as a problem, please just ignore this thread
I have checked this particular mob you've encountered and rare spawns in the area for their values and respawn timer. They all match the OG design and values up to even the correct amount of armour.

If you use some kind of an addon for HP calculations then I can only assume you'll need much more than just one method of calculations for it plus multiple attempts at the same type and level of the mob for correct HP calculations of your addon.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Thu May 20, 2021 3:10 am

Jimmicz wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:28 pm
I mean the guy is pointing out something that he believes is wrong and in the very first instance, somebody is calling him a liar. Do you really think you can afford this with such a small pop? + we all know that most of the QA over here is done by players so, is he really that wrong pointing out things? and if that's the case wouldn't it be better to explain things to him rather than calling him a liar and telling him to ef off?
Where in the response was he told to 'ef' off?

That is your asperion on the responder. That is indeed shameful.

Had you researched this poster's threads and commentary, you would understand some of the short nature of other posters with him. Your response indicates that you did not do this. You'd also be aware of the OP's rather judgmental and critical tone in his other threads. Unwarranted entirely, and not a shred of evidence to his claims and thus, no basis for his acidity.

IIt's clear you don't have ground to stand on in your comment, and especially not in your conflation of saying he was telling him to 'ef' off. That is what is not chill... And I am pretty much done with this issue, because it's been addressed by devs.

I am thankful that Sinrek tested it.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Fri May 21, 2021 6:04 pm

Merikkinon wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:10 am
Jimmicz wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:28 pm
Where in the response was he told to 'ef' off?

That is your asperion on the responder. That is indeed shameful.

Had you researched this poster's threads and commentary, you would understand some of the short nature of other posters with him. Your response indicates that you did not do this. You'd also be aware of the OP's rather judgmental and critical tone in his other threads. Unwarranted entirely, and not a shred of evidence to his claims and thus, no basis for his acidity.

IIt's clear you don't have ground to stand on in your comment, and especially not in your conflation of saying he was telling him to 'ef' off. That is what is not chill... And I am pretty much done with this issue, because it's been addressed by devs.

I am thankful that Sinrek tested it.
Post by Fizzeek » 13 May 2021 23:59

That's all I gonna say, you think a newcomer will go thru posts just to see what this guy was writing in the past? no ... they will see this make an assumption.

What Im about is that its better to try to help him instead of telling him to go elsewhere ;)

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Sat May 22, 2021 1:27 am

Jarhead I love you but no.

Lexi

Post by Lexi » Sun May 23, 2021 4:43 pm

That's all I gonna say, you think a newcomer will go thru posts just to see what this guy was writing in the past? no ... they will see this make an assumption.

What Im about is that its better to try to help him instead of telling him to go elsewhere ;)
Do you really think its better to just let an obvious troll continue to criticize nonexistent issues he has? I'd argue his trolling would push far more people away than calling him out on it. Either out of users frustrated with his trolling or straight up believing his lies.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Mon May 24, 2021 10:40 am

Lexi wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 4:43 pm

Do you really think its better to just let an obvious troll continue to criticize nonexistent issues he has? I'd argue his trolling would push far more people away than calling him out on it. Either out of users frustrated with his trolling or straight up believing his lies.
Well what I see, because I do not have any other context - as pretty much everybody who will come here for the first time, Is a guy who doesn't know what WoW Vanilla API doesn't provide addons with HP values and these addons just calculate approx. mob HP based on the damage you dealt to it.

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Mon May 24, 2021 5:44 pm

And to those who stick around, they'll see a guy perpetually whining about literally everything and demanding changes without providing a single bit of proof to warrant the changes. I will applaud the guy for making SOME sort of effort this time, but then he gets refuted and lashes out. If you read his posts and the replies, you'll see people (myself included!) actually replied to him frequently looking for some sort of evidence of what he's posting about. The guy's either ridiculously ill-informed, or a complete troll.

You keep saying you have no other context, it's literally right there. Go look! Click his name and check his posts and read away! You say someone will come in and take offense to the server because of MY comment, but you discount the number of people that will come here, see HIS poorly thought out posts with no evidence of issues and decide to leave based on complete garbage.

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Mon May 24, 2021 7:43 pm

What's easier to see? Your comment which is on the very FIRST page of the forum? or these guys' other threads which are somewhere where most of the people, myself included, won't bother go looking after seeing this.

I mean I'm not here to argue, but I'm pretty sure there are "Private Messages" where you can tell this guy off without displaying it in public if you wish to do so.