macOS Big Sur (M1 Chip)

Kephinio

macOS Big Sur (M1 Chip)

Post by Kephinio » Mon May 10, 2021 7:28 am

Hello Turtles!

I've been playing for about a month on this server with my Windows laptop but have switched to a macOS machine a few days ago. Since I would like to transfer my usage to this new computer, I'd like to also be able to play on the M1 Mac mini. I've already tried Wine, Playonmac and Winebottler. Maybe I've done something wrong and I'd like to know of you could help me out with a link to a video or site for a complete tutorial. This is my first time using a Mac. I'll keep playing on my Windows laptop while I lack a solution.

See you on the server and thanks in advance! smiling_turtle_head

Mcnair

Re: macOS Big Sur (M1 Chip)

Post by Mcnair » Mon May 10, 2021 11:32 am

I'm not an expert in running games on a mac, but we had recently a lot of problems at work with programs not starting with the M1 chip.
You could try to run Wine/Wineskin with the Rosetta translator engine, that helped in many cases for us. (Tick the 'Open using Rosetta' check box in info)

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Mon May 10, 2021 4:38 pm

for Wine Bottler. That's what I am using on my Macbook Pro2

Kephinio

Post by Kephinio » Tue May 11, 2021 6:44 am

Thanks so much! I heard about Rosetta and all this Wine and Winebottler and stuff is completely new to me. Will try it out and give feedback. satisfied_turtle_head

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Wed May 12, 2021 1:26 am

FYI, I do have it working on mine, so know it can be done.

Kephinio

Post by Kephinio » Wed May 12, 2021 10:59 am

Does your Mac have the M1 chip? I'm still struggling to find out how to get it working. Don't have lots of time to figure it out though, as I've lots of stuff to do or uni. Spent a few hours last weekend using the method described in the video you shared but it still doesn't work. It either exits with an error message (two windows) or the application can't be turned into a "dmg" file. Sorry for the mess. I stumbled across "osu!" which seems to be an application designed for intel that I got to work on my Mac mini. It was a single exe file though and not a file alongside all the resources for WoW Vanilla. Hope you get what I mean. Will take some time today and see if I can figure it out. Thanks again!

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat May 15, 2021 2:32 pm

No, I am sorry - it does not. Wasn't sure and spoke too soon. It's a 2018.

Swiftystorm

Post by Swiftystorm » Sat May 15, 2021 6:23 pm

I need help cause when I try to run the game it says divxdecoder.dll and fmod.dll arent found when they are in the file.