Mobs Density & Respawn Times

Axoc

Re: Mobs Density & Respawn Times

Post by Axoc » Tue May 04, 2021 4:48 am

Your reasoning is that in an entire devoid of players, there should be fewer mobs? Shouldn't there be MORE mobs in an unpopulated area, since nobody is around to kill them?

Rvindvnce

Post by Rvindvnce » Tue May 04, 2021 5:55 am

Axoc wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:48 am
Your reasoning is that in an entire devoid of players, there should be fewer mobs? Shouldn't there be MORE mobs in an unpopulated area, since nobody is around to kill them?
Because it's hard just to walk through the zones and mobs are respawning almost as hyperspawns, the game feels just... ugh. There's no RP in having trouble to find a quiet place to say, fish or even safely chill without being attacked.

There's no fun when it's not even close to believable. If you kill a beast, it shouldn't respawn right back in front of your eyes, no matter how easy or rewarding it is to kill.

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Tue May 04, 2021 9:50 am

Rvindvnce wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:55 am
Axoc wrote:
There's no RP in having trouble to find a quiet place to say, fish or even safely chill without being attacked.
It's thoroughly well documented in the strategy games, vanilla WoW, and the pre-TBC novels that this is exactly how the world works. There are multiple quests in vanilla WoW that involve this exact thing - Nat Pagle, the Nesingwary Expedition, all of Duskwood, the Lakeshire/Westfall/Stormwind arcs, literally every Horde starter zone quest (as an example, no NPC in the game is able to walk from Razor Hill to Orgrimmar, as everyone that tries ends up dying or being waylaid in some way). I could go on with more examples.

That's just how the game works and it's just the kind of world that the game is set in.

Rvindvnce

Post by Rvindvnce » Wed May 05, 2021 8:37 am

Axoc wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:50 am
Rvindvnce wrote:
Axoc wrote:
There's no RP in having trouble to find a quiet place to say, fish or even safely chill without being attacked.
It's thoroughly well documented in the strategy games, vanilla WoW, and the pre-TBC novels that this is exactly how the world works. There are multiple quests in vanilla WoW that involve this exact thing - Nat Pagle, the Nesingwary Expedition, all of Duskwood, the Lakeshire/Westfall/Stormwind arcs, literally every Horde starter zone quest (as an example, no NPC in the game is able to walk from Razor Hill to Orgrimmar, as everyone that tries ends up dying or being waylaid in some way). I could go on with more examples.

That's just how the game works and it's just the kind of world that the game is set in.
Yeah and that is how a game is left in the rear view mirror

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Thu May 06, 2021 5:23 am

Rvindvnce wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:37 am
Axoc wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:50 am
Rvindvnce wrote:

Yeah and that is how a game is left in the rear view mirror
This game came out seventeen years ago. It's the third oldest MMO with an active playerbase and private server scene, only behind Ultima Online & EverQuest 1. Not sure whose rear view mirror it's been left in.

Rvindvnce

Post by Rvindvnce » Thu May 06, 2021 10:26 am

Axoc wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:23 am
This game came out seventeen years ago. It's the third oldest MMO with an active playerbase and private server scene, only behind Ultima Online & EverQuest 1. Not sure whose rear view mirror it's been left in.
retail is basically dead
and classic obviously dies too, with release of cash shop tbc
and this server is not alive

Mcnair

Post by Mcnair » Thu May 06, 2021 12:16 pm

Rvindvnce wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:26 am
retail is basically dead
Dear Rvindvnce,
all of your posts are about how hard, bad, and unplayable this game is.
As I suggested earlier, you might have a much better time on another server, where they use a later expansion. You clearly do not like it here, why do you torment yourself? I play here for over 2 years, and I do not have any of the problems you mentioned. Quite some of us actually like it here.

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Fri May 07, 2021 2:43 am

Dude is dying to green mobs.

Not the game for you brosef.

Rvindvnce

Post by Rvindvnce » Sat May 08, 2021 5:10 pm

Sure guys, keep justifying the actual bugs, way to go
Last edited by Rvindvnce on Sat May 08, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rvindvnce

Post by Rvindvnce » Sat May 08, 2021 7:37 pm

Fizzeek wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:43 am

No problemo, you can stay here alone, if nothing changes I am leaving as my friends did :-)

Rvindvnce

Post by Rvindvnce » Sat May 08, 2021 7:38 pm

Mcnair wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:16 pm
Rvindvnce wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:26 am
retail is basically dead
Dear Rvindvnce,
all of your posts are about how hard, bad, and unplayable this game is.
As I suggested earlier, you might have a much better time on another server, where they use a later expansion. You clearly do not like it here, why do you torment yourself? I play here for over 2 years, and I do not have any of the problems you mentioned. Quite some of us actually like it here.
Dear mister, I sure will find something better, thank you!

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Sun May 09, 2021 3:37 am

Rvindvnce wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:37 pm
Fizzeek wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:43 am

No problemo, you can stay here alone, if nothing changes I am leaving as my friends did :-)
How do you expect change without presenting any evidence at all of how things need to change? Like, with NUMBERS?

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sun May 09, 2021 3:50 am

Rvindvnce wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:37 pm
"Dear Corpse Player - don't let the level 1 boars get you as you run out of Turtle Town"