Mobs Density & Respawn Times

Rvindvnce

Mobs Density & Respawn Times

Post by Rvindvnce » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:19 pm

At the moment the mob density and respawn times are ridiculous.

In deserts you can't pass through most of areas because mobs are placed evenly, same with many other areas where you just can't walk on the road due to huge amount of mobs everywhere.
In many areas there are hyperspawns, so you get a new mob as you kill one.
The caves are extremely dangerous as mobs are chain pulled in 2-3 and respawn too fast even if you manage to clear a group.
I didn't fight elites but something tells me it's a similar situation - imagine wasting all you have on one pull for 3 minutes, and in 5 minutes these mobs respawn.
Same with mining nodes, etc.
This is very bad, it's tedious and looks stupid - like a desert full of life or fields full of spiders and bears...
Actually I had a screenshot in Desolace where I had to walk around half zone because I just wanted to walk without fighting...

I don't know about you but it made me lay off this game. It should be much easier. Elites should be (hard but) soloable. It's not 2005 anymore, we have other stuff to do.

Mcnair

Re: Mobs Density & Respawn Times

Post by Mcnair » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:54 pm

With all due respect, you might want to look for non-vanilla servers in that case. Already in TBC the game was made a lot easier in many aspects, and the simplifications just increase as you go on with the later expansions.

Rvindvnce

Post by Rvindvnce » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:13 pm

Mcnair wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:54 pm
With all due respect, you might want to look for non-vanilla servers in that case. Already in TBC the game was made a lot easier in many aspects, and the simplifications just increase as you go on with the later expansions.
It's not about "authenticity" or "easy mode".
It can be made better. If I am alone in the whole zone, why do they keep spawning so fast, not to mention there are tons of packed mobs? Like southern Westfall or east Redridge, for example. Who's gonna grind them?
Mobs spawning behind your back just as fast as you killed them - that is laughable and frustrating - not exciting.
Would I keep playing? Maybe, sometimes.
Would I recommend my friends to play with me? Not anymore.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:13 pm

Rvindvnce wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:13 pm
Mcnair wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:54 pm
It's not about "authenticity" or "easy mode".
It can be made better. If I am alone in the whole zone, why do they keep spawning so fast, not to mention there are tons of packed mobs? Like southern Westfall or east Redridge, for example. Who's gonna grind them?
Mobs spawning behind your back just as fast as you killed them - that is laughable and frustrating - not exciting.
Would I keep playing? Maybe, sometimes.
Would I recommend my friends to play with me? Not anymore.
That's a thicc hint for ya. Bring some help or "gitgud" then come back later. hiding_smth_turtle_head
Support the Turtle smiling_turtle vote for the server HERE.

Augustfenix85

Post by Augustfenix85 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:39 pm

Honestly I think the same for some areas. I died 3 times on a quest I was above level for because the mobs respawned before I could clear them from the objectives. I killed 3 mobs to clear a chest and a mob spawned basically right on top of it.
Duvall
Velissa
Calmore
Malcore
Splodax

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:14 pm

Difficulty here is fine, we have people that hit 60 with zero deaths. Maybe your class choice is your issue, or you just need to group with others in this MMO for the harder content.

Starkobjekt

Post by Starkobjekt » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:10 am

Vanilla wow is tedious and stupid which is partly the charm of it. If you don’t like that, classic was made alot easier. Elite mobs are supposed to be group content so ofc they are hard to solo. Easiest to level is hunter, mage and warlock.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:14 am

OP has his opinion, many have opposing opinions. It simply is not a game for everyone, nor is every server for everyone. That is why other servers exist.

WoW devolved and fell apart because the players started dragging the devs around by the nose.

Forget it.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:17 am

Augustfenix85 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:39 pm
Honestly I think the same for some areas. I died 3 times on a quest I was above level for because the mobs respawned before I could clear them from the objectives. I killed 3 mobs to clear a chest and a mob spawned basically right on top of it.
I understand that; I've seen areas where they respawn super-fast. And that is something that needs adjustment. I've also seen simple quest NPCs that take a LONG time to respawn, as a counter to these comments. But those things can be reported, and not overgeneralized to the entire Azeroth world.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:18 am

Starkobjekt wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:10 am
Vanilla wow is tedious and stupid which is partly the charm of it. If you don’t like that, classic was made alot easier. Elite mobs are supposed to be group content so ofc they are hard to solo. Easiest to level is hunter, mage and warlock.
Indeed, WoW classic is more for the retail-minded. Try it.

Yvory

Post by Yvory » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:02 am

The spawn is not vanilla like, everything respawns way faster, even quest items.

Good or bad? Overall its good, it makes stuff harder, and questing faster.

Rvindvnce

Post by Rvindvnce » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:44 pm

Fizzeek wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:14 pm
Difficulty here is fine, we have people that hit 60 with zero deaths. Maybe your class choice is your issue, or you just need to group with others in this MMO for the harder content.
You wanna know how it's done here?
Grinding on and edge of a map with a fixed set sate of mobs.
No quests, no challenge. Just numb grind, because the odds are not in your favor even with a couple of green mobs here.

I just tried some low level cave, and I had Curse, DoT, Faery fire spammed - no misses, that's below lvl 10!
Another low level cave, 2 mobs 4 levels below almost stunlocked me while the third was running for backup. You can't heal safely because they almost never miss and always interrupt the healing as often as they can.
And yeah, they spawned just moments later.
If you forget that, you're dead.

Again, when a low level mob almost never misses and you always miss a higher level mob, it makes impossible to counter these timers and density. All caves are mostly 2-3 mobs pull here.

Many times I just want to explore and chill, run around zones, but instead I can't pass through a road because of mob density - and if you pull even 2 green mobs, they will daze you to death.

I believe it extremely hurts the overall friendly casual concept of this server.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:11 pm

Sounds very much like the Revantusk daily, the 'Lighting the Pyres'? Yeah, not an easy one. I see a little undead lock corpse in there. You?? I finally got stun-locked by the trolls on a lvl 14 warr - they hit hard, too.

You know what? I like the challenge. It's how it goes. There are tons of NOT challenging things in this game. That quest requires presence of mind and being situationally-observant. It's great that way. Eventually I'll overpower it.

Another thing - in general mobs hit, swing for swing, MUCH less harder than the players. It's the mobs that should complain. So, it requires adaptive strategy. Get higher level. Do something else.

The world doesn't need to be adjusted for our own issues.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:16 pm

Also hoping you weren't on HC character. I was in those tombs with a lvl 12 troll warrior who was doing HC and man it is that dicey. Really didn't have any business being there. I suspect those tombs have taken their share fair of HC souls.

Anyhow, this is how this server goes. Again, there are quite a lot out there to try.

Rvindvnce

Post by Rvindvnce » Mon May 03, 2021 5:37 pm

Just look at this $hit.