Account name?

Ragingtortoise

Account name?

Post by Ragingtortoise » Mon May 06, 2024 7:07 am

I could reset my password with my normal email address, but I coudn't find the account name.

I've spun up this account I'm posting from now, but I'd love to be able to use my original account / email for Turtle WoW. Is there a way to find my account name (not forum name - I can find that once I can log in again) that's associated with my normal email address? It'd be cool if it were emailed along with the password reset request.

Thanks in advance! (I also emailed info@ with more detail, from my regular email account.)

Pepesmite

Re: Account name?

Post by Pepesmite » Mon May 06, 2024 7:19 am

Ragingtortoise wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:07 am
I could reset my password with my normal email address, but I coudn't find the account name.

I've spun up this account I'm posting from now, but I'd love to be able to use my original account / email for Turtle WoW. Is there a way to find my account name (not forum name - I can find that once I can log in again) that's associated with my normal email address? It'd be cool if it were emailed along with the password reset request.

Thanks in advance! (I also emailed info@ with more detail, from my regular email account.)
Greetings!

To find out your account name you can use the following options :

1. Check your email and look for the account registration email. It will contain the login account name.

2. If you have not deleted the game client, you can find out the account name in the WTF folder.
Path: Game client folder -> WTF -> Accounts -> ...

3. If you have a keyword, you can request for access restoration on our e-mail [email protected].
In the e-mail, please provide all the data that you have + the keyword.

Please note that such requests are not processed without the keyword.

I hope I was helpful in answering your questions.

Ragingtortoise

Re: Account name?

Post by Ragingtortoise » Mon May 06, 2024 8:54 pm

Hey there. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I seem not to have saved the original sign-up email, and I presume that'd have both the account name and the keyword, and I expunged the dataset that contained my Turtle WoW install, so I don't have that either - it's even aged out of my back-ups. Is there something we can do based on my owning the associated email? I'll see if I can send you a private message with more identifying information, in case that helps.