New user Unable to choose realm

Stilleta

New user Unable to choose realm

Post by Stilleta » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:46 am

I have tried to search for a solution on my own but with no success.

realmlist.wtf contains: set realmlist logon.turtle-wow.org (I have tried it with the update list as well.)
Config.wtf contains the realmlist entry as well.

I launch from WOW.exe.
I get the WOW login screen and after entering username and password and I briefly see a "success" message.
The next screen I get gives me check-box choices for NA server, normal, PVP, RP and RP-PVP on the right-hand side of the screen as well as a red "cancel" button. The left-hand side has message boxes giving information on the check-box options. There is no other selectable areas. There also is no realm options?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Stilleta

Stilleta

Re: New user Unable to choose realm

Post by Stilleta » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:43 am

So... I deleted the old files, downloaded Turtle-wow again, unzipped all files and checked realmlist.wtf. I obtained a new password, deleted the cache (the WDB files) and started running wow.exe.

I now seem to be unable to login. I have tried both the new and old passwords. No luck.
(I am able to log into the forums with my old password.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am really looking forward to joining the community at play.
Thanks in advance.
Stilleta

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:35 am

Hello! Remember that your game user name can be different from your forum user name. If you are still having issues, please make sure to PM either Torta or me on Discord so we can have a private talk and find out what's happening!

Stilleta

Post by Stilleta » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:29 pm

Hello All! With Pompa's help I was finally able to logon. My account had been cancelled. Most likely because I was unable to logon. After a software reinstallation and new account, I was able to choose NA servers AND the suggest realm button became active! Click suggest realm. Turtle-WOW came up and IN I WENT!
It is so nice to join yah all!
I send a BIG thanks to Pompa. Thank you.