Goblin Brainwashing Device issue

Jamarshall

Goblin Brainwashing Device issue

Post by Jamarshall » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:52 am

I just bought the goblin brainwashing device from the item shop under the impression that this item would allow you to forego the gold cost associated with respeccing. In fact, it was a big reason I wanted to play on this server (being able to swap from pve spec to pvp spec without having to farm 50 gold each time).

Obviously, I found out this wasn't the case, but only after wasting 5 gold messing around with my primary and secondary spec.

Am I blameless? No, ignorance of what you are purchasing is not an excuse, but even with a class trainer when you go to respec, each time you do, it tells you exactly how much gold you are spending while doing so. Using the Brainwashing device just allows you to respec without notifying you how much gold you are about to spend.

I'm now out 5 gold on the fresh Tel'Abim server, which currently is a lot of money as the economy hasn't had a chance to develop given the server has just released.

I would like to request a gold refund from this for obvious reasons, but more importantly, I'd like to make the suggestion that the functionality of this item is much more defined in the item shop, as well as informing you how much gold you are spending while respeccing, as the cost increases each time you do.

Rowrow213

Re: Goblin Brainwashing Device issue

Post by Rowrow213 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:14 am

Seems like false advertisement

Enziszero

Post by Enziszero » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:08 am

I ran into this same issue. Did some research and thought respecing was free. Put in a fair bit of time trying to figure out how to donate to buy one. Also, I had good vibes from turtle wow and wanted to feel good supporting them.

Tried using the device and got an error that I don't have enough money. Now I don't know how much money I magically lost.

Here's an official thread that's very misleading and lead me to think this:
viewtopic.php?t=6258

EDIT: I put an in-game GM ticket and they responded in about 1 minute (impressive!) We had a chat and he offered a refund since I just bought it.

This device is more intended for free dual specs then talent resets. The talent reset is whatever it normally is from your trainer.

Twow does an incredible job and I still intend to support them

Jamarshall

Post by Jamarshall » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:04 am

Enziszero wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:08 am
I ran into this same issue. Did some research and thought respecing was free. Put in a fair bit of time trying to figure out how to donate to buy one. Also, I had good vibes from turtle wow and wanted to feel good supporting them.

Tried using the device and got an error that I don't have enough money. Now I don't know how much money I magically lost.

Here's an official thread that's very misleading and lead me to think this:
viewtopic.php?t=6258

EDIT: I put an in-game GM ticket and they responded in about 1 minute (impressive!) We had a chat and he offered a refund since I just bought it.

This device is more intended for free dual specs then talent resets. The talent reset is whatever it normally is from your trainer.

Twow does an incredible job and I still intend to support them

Yep, kinda in the same boat, only now I just wasted 5 gold on a low level character on a new realm... So now not only am I unable to train my skills, I need to come up with 5 more gold to change back to my leveling spec from my dungeon healing spec, as I have now raised the price for a spec swap from my trainer due to there not being a warning that the brainwashing device actually costs gold.

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:18 am

Hi!

The shop shouldn't allow options to improve gameplay outside of cosmetic items. This device pretty much describe as a gameplay improvement option since it costs 350 gold. There are bags and a few other pretty useful items. This is not the topic so I shift back.

The vanilla experience is all about discovery. Consider it like an expensive ticket to the land of turtles and monkeys. If you take part in the whole tour you will see that it won't disappoint.

Nothing is perfect.

Jamarshall

Post by Jamarshall » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:03 am

Paw wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:18 am
Hi!

The shop shouldn't allow options to improve gameplay outside of cosmetic items. This device pretty much describe as a gameplay improvement option since it costs 350 gold. There are bags and a few other pretty useful items. This is not the topic so I shift back.

The vanilla experience is all about discovery. Consider it like an expensive ticket to the land of turtles and monkeys. If you take part in the whole tour you will see that it won't disappoint.

Nothing is perfect.
No idea what you just said tbqh but seen you commenting opposition to those who oppose the changes to the brainwashing device so I'll just assume it was something along those lines.

Bimjeam

Post by Bimjeam » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:26 am

Yeah when you buy it you have your primary spec (the spec you currently have) that needs to be saved and then you can respec for 5g, spec into something else, and then save it as your secondary. They just eliminated it from having one point in each and being able to customize two specs however you like so now you have to use all of your points before something can be saved. As a heads up, thats not even working for the two specs apparently so yeah id refund it until they figure out whats going on because its bugged all to hell atm and its costing people gold that they dont have. especially if youre on the fresh realm. hope this helps