Newcomer hello and support questions

Xero

Newcomer hello and support questions

Post by Xero » Sat May 09, 2020 3:20 pm

Hi,

I'm an ex-Vanilla and TBC player looking to get back into WoW Classic, and am interested in joining your server. I'm looking to enjoy the levelling journey, get into RP, run every dungeon; hopefully with a bunch of friendly people.

Can you please help me with a few questions:

- Can you please relink a fresh WoW Client to download? I've not been able to find an active link - even the link in the recent "Hello/Downloading Client" thread in this Support forum says "sorry, the file you requested does not exist".

- Is your server located in the UK and running on UK time? (I'm in Australia, so I'm going to have to test out the latency.) But from a MMO community experience, how active is your server during your morning periods, or at least your early afternoons? Or do you have to wait until evenings (server time) to reliably form groups?

- In terms of game content (aside from RP), does your server have many people at lower levels to group with for instances, or are most of your players playing endgame content now?

I really like your approach with this server - playing for fun in a world with extra flavour. So I'm looking forward to trying it out, and becoming a part of your community.

I'm looking at rolling a hunter, but I'm also interested in playing a mage and maybe a priest (alliance side). I would love to play druid again so that I could play any role in a group while levelling, but my old main was a druid so I would prefer playing something different this time. (I can't see myself playing warrior or paladin). That said, I'm nervous that being on a smaller population server and working outside peak server times, that finding tanks and healers might be tricky? Happy to take on any feedback that you have!

Thanks smiling_turtle

x

Torta

Re: Newcomer hello and support questions

Post by Torta » Sat May 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Hello and welcome!

1. I can't provide out own link at this moment. We're in the process of re-hosting it. Try this one: If doesn't work, please get any 1.12 client from the internet and change server address to ours!

2. Server is in UK and based on UK time. The population peak goes on the early afternoon, at the early morning it's significantly dropping.

3. Join any guild, there're always newcomer levelers! Your character will also apear on the <Newcomers> guild upon character creation. This feature is auto inviting players into a guild, helping them easily find players who are also just starting out fresh. Once players reach level 15 they will be removed from the guild, and thrown back into the wild!

Xero

Post by Xero » Sun May 10, 2020 1:58 am

Ooo thanks Torta, that link looks like it could work. I'll give it a go.

If you have this kind of information available, I'm wondering if you're able to tell me how your online population changes over the course of an average day, please? It would help to know at what times the population normally ramps up, so I can see if I can join in at those times.

Also, what server time do your raids usually kick off?

Senjido

Post by Senjido » Mon May 11, 2020 10:30 am

This will be my first time playing in a private server. This thing is amazing.

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Mon May 11, 2020 2:17 pm

Xero wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:58 am
Ooo thanks Torta, that link looks like it could work. I'll give it a go.

If you have this kind of information available, I'm wondering if you're able to tell me how your online population changes over the course of an average day, please? It would help to know at what times the population normally ramps up, so I can see if I can join in at those times.

Raids usually (95%+) start at 1800 server time. If you're Australian, you will struggle to attend raids, it's a problem that other Australians have complained of before. Population spikes in the UK evening time and the US evening time.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Reito

Post by Reito » Mon May 11, 2020 3:34 pm

Xero wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:58 am

It would help to know at what times the population normally ramps up, so I can see if I can join in at those times.

Speaking from my own experience:

Raids are starting 18:00 server time (UK time).

The BGs (For lvl 60) usually starts at 15:00 and last till 23:00 unless the raid is on.

You can mostly get the dungeon group going from 17:00 but sometimes even sooner.

At 8:00 to 12:00 its usually not so hot, but atlst you have more time to fish ;-)
Faustus angry_turtle

Xero

Post by Xero » Tue May 12, 2020 3:10 am

Thanks Pfwg and Reito for the feedback. It's useful to know how things usually go on the server, and I recognise that there are limitations when coming to it from afar. Maybe there are others in this situation and we could group together? We shall see...

I've got the client download now, thanks Torta, and am looking forward to trying it out. I'll post on the community forum once I'm in the game.

Xero

Post by Xero » Sun May 24, 2020 9:20 am

Hey all,

Now that I've been playing Turtle WoW for 2 weeks or so, I'd like to comment how impressed I am with it. The the various turtle flavours like mounts, diplomacy, and survival make this better than Vanilla! Though it has been a struggle to find groups sometimes, all the people I have played with so far have been great, so I'm looking forward to more adventures.

Thanks to Torta and the turtle team!