Warlock mana drain

Chlothar

Warlock mana drain

Post by Chlothar » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:22 pm

Hey there,

not sure this was reported on the forums yet, but i am sure it`s a long known issue. I only want to remind you that there is a major, game breaking bug about the warlock mana drain that instantly drains the opponents full mana and gives it to the warlock. Not that this is destroying PvP at all....yeah pvp happens from time to time....it also destroys the balance in pve when it comes to encounters that have/rely on mana. I don`t know if this spell is heavily abused yet. The warlock i group with refuses to abuse it, which i really apreciate. I wonder if it`s too hard to fix that spell or if there is just no will to do so. Maybe we can get a statement where you can explain yourself.

I don`t mean this to name and shame the server staff. I am only curious why there has been nothing done about this issue yet.

Greetings Chlothar

Pompa

Re: Warlock mana drain

Post by Pompa » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:25 pm

We are working in a major core update. Thanks for reporting it, though.

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:19 pm

Thanks for the Info Pompa!!!!

Scorpf

Post by Scorpf » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:56 am

I was curious about this so I asked about 5 people who knew warlock class well and also knew what 1.12 was like originally for warlocks.

According to experienced players the mana drain on warlocks on turtle wow works exactly as it did in original 1.12 by Blizzard.

It would seem that after 1.12 Blizzard did make changes to warlock mana drain and this is why a lot of people say it is bugged/wrong here.

I don't know the class myself but I do trust the memory of multiple warlock mains from 1.12

Any thoughts?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:01 pm

It is bugged. Will be resolved, according to Torta: "soon (tm)".
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:36 pm

I am playing this game since two weeks after release....warlocks never drained mana like they do here.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:49 pm

I have been investigating and it might be possible that the spell is, indeed, working as intended. This is a Thottbot comment from 2006, in patch 1.12.0.

I'll continue investigating, though.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:13 pm

Drain mana have two sided effect when casted, first it deals damage (talented) and then the second one hits, dependant on damage done, percent of it goes to warlock as mana. At least that's what I recall from the spell.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:51 am

It drains 136 (rank 4) + 20% of the Spell Damage mana each second for 5 seconds, and if you have Improved Drain Mana, it will also cause 15% or 30% of the drained mana as damage each tick.

That's the correct behavior, and if I'm not wrong, it's working like that at this moment.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:11 am

Dammit, am I to level a warlock now for testing this myself?!?