6+ Classes limitation

Erozyt

6+ Classes limitation

Post by Erozyt » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:37 am

Hello turtles smiling_turtle ,

This morning I tried to break the 6 classes for a race limitation on the Vanilla/TurtleWoW client, and I achieved this :

From what I know with the corresponding sever side modification this should work, so what I am missing ?
Maybe there is an in-game problem with added race/class combinations after the sixth ?
Or a server side issue I am not aware of ?

Can someone enlighten me on this subject ?

Edit: Here https://www.mediafire.com/file/hwnzh7kz ... W.mpq/file is the mpq, for those that are familiar with WoW patches. You can't actually create the character (need sever side modification) but you can take a look.
Last edited by Erozyt on Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyzen

Re: 6+ Classes limitation

Post by Kyzen » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:35 pm

turtle_in_love_head

Captainslapster

Post by Captainslapster » Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:59 pm

I've actually done this already if you look at the modding channel in the discord. The limit is 8 classes. it's a myth that 6 is the limit. it's just that making extra classes is time consuming.

Toyawolf

Post by Toyawolf » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:09 pm

Just curious, but is it just a coding nightmare to attach an already existing class to a race? Or is there some other complexity involved?

Erozyt

Post by Erozyt » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:02 pm

Captainslapster wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:59 pm
I've actually done this already if you look at the modding channel in the discord. The limit is 8 classes. it's a myth that 6 is the limit. it's just that making extra classes is time consuming.
Even if I had a ninth class button in the XML ?
Toyawolf wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:09 pm
Just curious, but is it just a coding nightmare to attach an already existing class to a race? Or is there some other complexity involved?
I don't know if you familiar with any sort of coding, but it's just a new record in the client database (that link an existing class to an existing race). I also modified the UI because the seventh class button was overlapping player customisation.

Toyawolf

Post by Toyawolf » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:02 pm

Fascinating. So it seems easier than I expected it to ever be. Would there be any kind of issues after the class is attached to something new or does it just function like normal?

Erozyt

Post by Erozyt » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:14 am

Toyawolf wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:02 pm
Fascinating. So it seems easier than I expected it to ever be. Would there be any kind of issues after the class is attached to something new or does it just function like normal?
It's all you have to do for the client. But some modifications are necessary server side. You need to link in the server database all the basic spells and passives this race/class combo is supposed to start with. Finally, you have to import your modified client database in your server files for it to notice the new race/class combo an allow the creation of a corresponding character.

Gribius123

Post by Gribius123 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:49 pm

It would be great to be able to play with a human hunter since according to the history of the game there are human hunters. hopefully a gm plant this request turtle_in_love_head

Captainslapster

Post by Captainslapster » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:34 pm

To answer questions above. it was 1 edit to the class files to create it. After that it took about 6-9 files in the server core and 2-4 lines in the interface files to integrate the class. I believe there is a hard limit, but it's definitely not 6. I imagine with some play testing you can even have 9 or 10. After the class was made i had to use math to figure out what the "class mask" is to enable spells.