Turtle HD Project

Redmagejoe

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:16 am

NEWS

Crestian is currently working on blue eyes for High Elves, and we are looking into a potential issue related to some graphical bugs with them and black Night Elf hair. Once the issue is resolved, we will push a new update and keep you posted on the next set of assets in progress.

Jambiya

Post by Jambiya » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:32 am

Thank you both for your hard work

Denniz010

Post by Denniz010 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:41 pm

Facemaker wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:24 am
Hey all, if anyone interested i have the water patch, that works with Twow client. It's not the full procedural thing, but it looks nicer than standart vanilla water repeating texture.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/urhqn75z ... 4.MPQ/file
Thanks.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:44 pm

Denniz010 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:41 pm
Facemaker wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:24 am
Hey all, if anyone interested i have the water patch, that works with Twow client. It's not the full procedural thing, but it looks nicer than standart vanilla water repeating texture.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/urhqn75z ... 4.MPQ/file
Thanks.
This patch still doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell, even if I remove all the other custom patches from this thread. Either loading it before Turtle's patches or after, it doesn't seem to have any impact on whatever textures whatsoever. And as shown in my screenshot, when paired with the other patches, it just causes the water to be flat and white.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:41 pm

Currently seeking a BLP master, a modder who knows the perfect ins and outs of getting a texture in the precise specifications to display properly in WoW. I'm talking exact compression, format, alpha, mipmaps, everything needed to not throw weird texture glitches in-game.

We have custom PNGs being made, and I have tried my hand with various different BLP tools to get them working, but alas, there are still problems. If there's anyone out there willing to take a crack at getting these to work in-game, I'd be happy to offer guidance on how to test the new assets Crestian's making.

Bleedredstars

Post by Bleedredstars » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:57 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:16 am
NEWS

Crestian is currently working on blue eyes for High Elves, and we are looking into a potential issue related to some graphical bugs with them and black Night Elf hair. Once the issue is resolved, we will push a new update and keep you posted on the next set of assets in progress.
Very cool! Besides the blue eyes, the skin tone on all my High Elves seems different with the patch. They all go from pale to a darker almost orange-brown shade that I associate with Blood Elves. I’m hoping this is part of the graphical glitches being looked into, because it is kind of a deal breaker for me.

Astelan

Post by Astelan » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:15 am

Any chance to update the goblins models?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:42 pm

Astelan wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:15 am
Any chance to update the goblins models?
That is easier said than done. It may be on the itinerary if I can get the current projects resolved.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:36 pm

Any progress on the emotes? I remember they were driving you mad in world chat the other week.
I think the sounds should definitely get merged into 1.16.1 by torta since its basically a Bugfix.

Is it possible to fix the missing sitting animation for female highelf this way too?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:55 am

I'm taking a bit of a hiatus, at least for a week, to try to enjoy the game since this was driving me up a wall. The first thing I will look at when I return is female blood elf sitting, however.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:41 am

I can fully relate to that, as a mod Modder and macro writer too, this can relate take up all energy and drains the fun when going on for too long

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:51 pm

If I try to modify games, I eventually get obsessed with modifying them to the point where it's never enough and I keep losing enjoyment in the game. And even when it's fully modified, I can never enjoy it as I would have when I didn't know the first thing about mods. Now I just try to play my games as bare-bones as possible, except on some occasions mods actually add more content and replayability to the game, like the Horn of the Abyss mod for Heroes of Might and Magic 3 or Morrowind Rebirth for The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind.

Daaki

Post by Daaki » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:30 am

Reporting that something in the patch seems to trigger spell effects not being removed after their duration is over. I've seen this in consecration and hurricane, and also some effect that I'm not sure what exactly it is, but it leaves a small white sparkle on the ground.

See screenshot from a recent aq20 raid:

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:05 am

Haven't seen that happen with my Consecrate yet, but bear in mind that Your Mileage May Vary, and some of these issues are beyond my knowledge to rectify / may be issues the original pre-Turtle mod had.

Daaki

Post by Daaki » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:51 pm

I found out that the small white sparkle that's left on the ground is from a mage's blink. One mage blinked right in front of me in Stormwind and left it behind. I've tried to remove the hd rextures, all mods, and the cata water mod, as well as patch-T too, to see if anything was messing with it. But nothing seems to have any impact. The spell effects always stay if the mod models are used.

Not really sure what the problem is - this only started happening to me with the latest update. Anyone else having similar issues?

Edit: actually ignore all this. I removed the hd mod as well, and still had the issue. Somehow it's the client that got buggy.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:48 am

They're lucky charms left for you to pick up by Mages!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:45 am

Still looking for someone who's able to expertly work with BLPs and ensure they maintain the same format as similar assets. Can't make any progress with the patch until someone can fill this role.

Justvityok

Post by Justvityok » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:41 am

Hello! I want to say that your mod is really nice and good-looking! Alas, I'm not looking for graphical improvements (I belong to those strange people that like old graphics in games more). But I had noticed that in your mod you'd changed the music to Cataclysm tracks. I like the diversity of Cata music, so may I ask you, if you could do the patch only with Cata music? I guess there are more people than me that'd like that. Of course, if it isn't hard for you.

Justvityok

Post by Justvityok » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:44 am

Justvityok wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:41 am
Hello! I want to say that your mod is really nice and good-looking! Alas, I'm not looking for graphical improvements (I belong to those strange people that like old graphics in games more). But I had noticed that in your mod you'd changed the music to Cataclysm tracks. I like the diversity of Cata music, so may I ask you, if you could do the patch only with Cata music? I guess there are more people than me that'd like that. Of course, if it isn't hard for you.
ah yeah, and spell sound effects, too.

Justvityok

Post by Justvityok » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:02 am

Justvityok wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:41 am
Sorry for bothering. Just deleted everything music un-related in Patch-W. Still kudos to ya for your work! Eager to see next versions!

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:59 pm

Hello, I also got the issue with staying effects on the ground.
Actually I am just using the voice patch, und have removed the ground texture one again, but the issue prevails (never tried the character model patch)

Someone on discord claimed updating nvidia helped him, but for me no change.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:21 pm

Geojak wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:59 pm
Hello, I also got the issue with staying effects on the ground.
Actually I am just using the voice patch, und have removed the ground texture one again, but the issue prevails (never tried the character model patch)

Someone on discord claimed updating nvidia helped him, but for me no change.
As someone pointed out above, that issue is completely unrelated to these patches.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:28 pm

While there are still some rough edges in need of polishing on the current patch, I have given consideration to getting my hands on the Battle for Azeroth files (where new Goblin models were introduced) in the hopes of seeing about importing them. As previously stated, however, the assets may have changed immensely in format by that point and no longer be compatible without being retrofitted, so no promises.

Ramue

Post by Ramue » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:11 am

Bug report. High elf priest t2 helm (Halo of transcendence) (on women not tested on men)
The model doesn't appear at all when worn with W patch installed and if character preview is opened with a high elf wearing one the entire character disappears in the window. Even the character select screen goes completely black if a helf is wearing one.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:29 am

Great, now I have to figure out what could possibly be causing THAT. It's specifically when the item is equipped and unequipped that you can see this happen?

Excarillion

Post by Excarillion » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:04 am

Thank you for your work. You are amazing!!!

Trckster

Post by Trckster » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:47 pm

Is there a way to only download the legion models without having world and spell models ? Would love to have the option to only use the character models.

Glarthir

Post by Glarthir » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:46 pm

omg this is so awesome! I never thought this day would come!

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:40 am

@Glarthir yeah bro, works like a charm

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:38 am

Your work is awesome

But id love have the eagles with upgraded model (i have a amani eagle as hunter pet and retain the classic model. And looks crappy compares with new models)

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=eagle2brown

Is a way to make this possible?
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:11 am

Updates have slowed down because I've got no one who has more experience working with BLP compression and formatting, and I haven't heard from Crestian in a while, so I may also need a new asset artist.

If anyone knows someone who has experience making custom textures who can fill either or both of these roles, please point them this way.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:03 am

I'm seeing some places where I could improve on the existing Goblin PC sounds, as they seem jury-rigged to use normal NPC Goblin mob combat sound entries in SoundEntries, and somehow the Female Goblin PCs point to Male Gnomes for their combat sound entries. I imagine that the planned addition of custom voice lines for the Goblin PCs will change SoundEntries to better facilitate this, but would it be unreasonable to ask a dev if I might be pointed in the right direction for how to modify the DBC in advance, that I might plug in the Cataclysm Goblin combat sounds for Patch-Y.MPQ?

That would be quite helpful and be a nice stop-gap until any voice-acting work can be done.

Leojjet

Post by Leojjet » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:46 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:03 am
I'm seeing some places where I could improve on the existing Goblin PC sounds, as they seem jury-rigged to use normal NPC Goblin mob combat sound entries in SoundEntries, and somehow the Female Goblin PCs point to Male Gnomes for their combat sound entries. I imagine that the planned addition of custom voice lines for the Goblin PCs will change SoundEntries to better facilitate this, but would it be unreasonable to ask a dev if I might be pointed in the right direction for how to modify the DBC in advance, that I might plug in the Cataclysm Goblin combat sounds for Patch-Y.MPQ?

That would be quite helpful and be a nice stop-gap until any voice-acting work can be done.
For what it’s worth I think your doing an amazing job with this stuff. I know in the past the devs didn’t exactly provide support for HD mods like this, but I hope one of the more “turtle tech” savvy devs will reach out eventually.

I’d guess after the class changes are out, it’s probably highest on the que.
Last edited by Leojjet on Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrkir

Post by Tyrkir » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:25 pm

First of all great work on this, nicely done.
I am curious if the only thing i wanted to change is some of the player character models, how would i need to go about it? For example if i wanted the humans changed but not the weapons or the terrain etc.

Sofacrusader

Post by Sofacrusader » Fri May 06, 2022 1:43 pm

Thank you for the mod!