Turtle HD Project

Redmagejoe

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:59 pm

To my knowledge it should be the same patch. There are some places, like Undercity, I've noticed that were untouched, though.

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:42 pm

@Redmagejoe Bro
I appreciate all the time and work invested in the realization of your project, just today I found out about it by chance, keep it up friend, you can, success.

Facemaker

Post by Facemaker » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:24 am

Hey all, if anyone interested i have the water patch, that works with Twow client. It's not the full procedural thing, but it looks nicer than standart vanilla water repeating texture.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/urhqn75z ... 4.MPQ/file

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:18 pm

Facemaker wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:24 am
Hey all, if anyone interested i have the water patch, that works with Twow client. It's not the full procedural thing, but it looks nicer than standart vanilla water repeating texture.

Is it supposed to make the water's surface look solid, white, textureless? Should this be after the patch-X? In which case going to have to start renaming patches with the number I've got.

EDIT: No matter what order I load this in, the result is the same.

Daaki

Post by Daaki » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:03 pm

Reporting another mob in Black Morass that isn't appearing correctly.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:34 pm

Oof, will have to take a look at that. I thought I did everything properly with CreatureDisplayInfo this time as well, but I'll take another look. You are using the latest version from yesterday, correct?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:36 am

Latest patch-W fixes mount bugs and Black Morass bugs. Get it from the first post.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:02 am

In order to not completely lose my mind, I need someone willing to do some very tedious diffing/comparing of two sets of DBC / CSVs (think spreadsheet) to merge turtle custom assets into the HD patch's file that will allow all WIP HD assets to be game-ready and tested at a moment's notice. At least right now, I don't have the time or patience, but if someone is willing to assist, it would probably only take an hour or two of your time.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:43 pm

CharSections.dbc has been completely converted. This should allow Crestian and myself to more easily introduce assets and fix any remaining graphical bugs. Will wait to make an update until there's been a substantial amount of assets added.

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:32 am

Amazing bro, the game looks really impresive, with the patch, cant wait :D

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:25 am

UPDATE

Pushed a new version out to fix a lot more face bugs. Not all are fixed, ones that are relying on assets we haven't made HD versions of, but it will fix horribly mismatched ones that were being taken from a completely unrelated file. This also happens to add black Night Elf hair support, new Tauren Horns, and fixed Ice Saber mounts.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:16 pm

UPDATE

If you haven't already, please install the latest version of patch-W.mpq again. I made an oversight in the CharSections.dbc that caused a duplicate entry for Tauren Horns which causes memory violation crashes on character generation with certain combinations of Tauren features.

Spacestr

Post by Spacestr » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:00 pm

Was flying over burning steppes before your latest post and got this crash:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: E:\Games\WoW Turtle Game Client\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:0047827A

The instruction at "0x0047827A" referenced memory at "0x00000018".
The memory could not be "read".

The only readable thing from memory dump was Textures\BakedNpcTextures\CreatureDisplayExtra-05356_HD.blp

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:04 pm

I will look at that specific texture and see if I can't narrow down the problem. It is possible that it had to do with a lava spider though, if it is what I think it is.

EDIT: I opened up the file in question, and it appears to be a Twilight's Hammer Tauren, specifically a Twilight Dark Shaman. It's likely related to the horn bug I described, so please consider updating to the latest version I just posted.

Spacestr

Post by Spacestr » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:26 pm

Yes, that fixed it! Flew back & forth a couple times to make sure.

Poisonblack

Post by Poisonblack » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:21 am

It looks great! Thank you so much!

Eruedraith

Post by Eruedraith » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:20 am

I realize this may be a more complicated issue related to new items in the game, but since installing these patches, I am no longer able to see my equipped items when I sheath/unsheathe.

That said, it looks great! Thank you for all your contributions!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:28 am

That is, unfortunately, a problem that was in the original version of the mod before I touched it, that I noticed on other servers. I notice that the redone items, like Verigan's Fist, don't seem to have this issue, so I'm assuming it has to do with items that don't have new models. Since there's far too many items in the game for any one person to try to replace or grab "Legion versions" of, that's going to be taken as an acceptable bug. You can however fix this issue by finding something to attack so your character takes a combat stance, at which point their weapon will be in their hands.

Ramue

Post by Ramue » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:38 am

--- Hard Crash Report!---
So in Searing gorge somewhere between the flight points and BRM there is a spot that crashes the game 100% of the time. if I try to even log my character again with the mod on it crashes the game instantly in that particular part of the zone.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:12 am

Ramue wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:38 am
--- Hard Crash Report!---
So in Searing gorge somewhere between the flight points and BRM there is a spot that crashes the game 100% of the time. if I try to even log my character again with the mod on it crashes the game instantly in that particular part of the zone.
This issue was just addressed today in the last few posts. Please update to the latest version of patch-W.MPQ. The issue is caused by a Twilight Dark Shaman NPC that is a Tauren, and it is a crash caused by custom horns.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:16 am

NEWS

Crestian is currently working on blue eyes for High Elves, and we are looking into a potential issue related to some graphical bugs with them and black Night Elf hair. Once the issue is resolved, we will push a new update and keep you posted on the next set of assets in progress.

Jambiya

Post by Jambiya » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:32 am

Thank you both for your hard work

Denniz010

Post by Denniz010 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:41 pm

Facemaker wrote:

Thanks.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:44 pm

Denniz010 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:41 pm
Facemaker wrote:

Thanks.
This patch still doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell, even if I remove all the other custom patches from this thread. Either loading it before Turtle's patches or after, it doesn't seem to have any impact on whatever textures whatsoever. And as shown in my screenshot, when paired with the other patches, it just causes the water to be flat and white.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:41 pm

Currently seeking a BLP master, a modder who knows the perfect ins and outs of getting a texture in the precise specifications to display properly in WoW. I'm talking exact compression, format, alpha, mipmaps, everything needed to not throw weird texture glitches in-game.

We have custom PNGs being made, and I have tried my hand with various different BLP tools to get them working, but alas, there are still problems. If there's anyone out there willing to take a crack at getting these to work in-game, I'd be happy to offer guidance on how to test the new assets Crestian's making.

Bleedredstars

Post by Bleedredstars » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:57 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:16 am
NEWS

Crestian is currently working on blue eyes for High Elves, and we are looking into a potential issue related to some graphical bugs with them and black Night Elf hair. Once the issue is resolved, we will push a new update and keep you posted on the next set of assets in progress.
Very cool! Besides the blue eyes, the skin tone on all my High Elves seems different with the patch. They all go from pale to a darker almost orange-brown shade that I associate with Blood Elves. I’m hoping this is part of the graphical glitches being looked into, because it is kind of a deal breaker for me.

Astelan

Post by Astelan » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:15 am

Any chance to update the goblins models?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:42 pm

Astelan wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:15 am
Any chance to update the goblins models?
That is easier said than done. It may be on the itinerary if I can get the current projects resolved.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:36 pm

Any progress on the emotes? I remember they were driving you mad in world chat the other week.
I think the sounds should definitely get merged into 1.16.1 by torta since its basically a Bugfix.

Is it possible to fix the missing sitting animation for female highelf this way too?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:55 am

I'm taking a bit of a hiatus, at least for a week, to try to enjoy the game since this was driving me up a wall. The first thing I will look at when I return is female blood elf sitting, however.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:41 am

I can fully relate to that, as a mod Modder and macro writer too, this can relate take up all energy and drains the fun when going on for too long

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:51 pm

If I try to modify games, I eventually get obsessed with modifying them to the point where it's never enough and I keep losing enjoyment in the game. And even when it's fully modified, I can never enjoy it as I would have when I didn't know the first thing about mods. Now I just try to play my games as bare-bones as possible, except on some occasions mods actually add more content and replayability to the game, like the Horn of the Abyss mod for Heroes of Might and Magic 3 or Morrowind Rebirth for The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind.

Daaki

Post by Daaki » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:30 am

Reporting that something in the patch seems to trigger spell effects not being removed after their duration is over. I've seen this in consecration and hurricane, and also some effect that I'm not sure what exactly it is, but it leaves a small white sparkle on the ground.

See screenshot from a recent aq20 raid:

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:05 am

Haven't seen that happen with my Consecrate yet, but bear in mind that Your Mileage May Vary, and some of these issues are beyond my knowledge to rectify / may be issues the original pre-Turtle mod had.

Daaki

Post by Daaki » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:51 pm

I found out that the small white sparkle that's left on the ground is from a mage's blink. One mage blinked right in front of me in Stormwind and left it behind. I've tried to remove the hd rextures, all mods, and the cata water mod, as well as patch-T too, to see if anything was messing with it. But nothing seems to have any impact. The spell effects always stay if the mod models are used.

Not really sure what the problem is - this only started happening to me with the latest update. Anyone else having similar issues?

Edit: actually ignore all this. I removed the hd mod as well, and still had the issue. Somehow it's the client that got buggy.