Turtle HD Project

Geojak

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Geojak » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:59 pm

Hello, I also got the issue with staying effects on the ground.
Actually I am just using the voice patch, und have removed the ground texture one again, but the issue prevails (never tried the character model patch)

Someone on discord claimed updating nvidia helped him, but for me no change.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:21 pm

Geojak wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:59 pm
Hello, I also got the issue with staying effects on the ground.
Actually I am just using the voice patch, und have removed the ground texture one again, but the issue prevails (never tried the character model patch)

Someone on discord claimed updating nvidia helped him, but for me no change.
As someone pointed out above, that issue is completely unrelated to these patches.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:28 pm

While there are still some rough edges in need of polishing on the current patch, I have given consideration to getting my hands on the Battle for Azeroth files (where new Goblin models were introduced) in the hopes of seeing about importing them. As previously stated, however, the assets may have changed immensely in format by that point and no longer be compatible without being retrofitted, so no promises.

Ramue

Post by Ramue » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:11 am

Bug report. High elf priest t2 helm (Halo of transcendence) (on women not tested on men)
The model doesn't appear at all when worn with W patch installed and if character preview is opened with a high elf wearing one the entire character disappears in the window. Even the character select screen goes completely black if a helf is wearing one.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:29 am

Great, now I have to figure out what could possibly be causing THAT. It's specifically when the item is equipped and unequipped that you can see this happen?

Excarillion

Post by Excarillion » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:04 am

Thank you for your work. You are amazing!!!

Trckster

Post by Trckster » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:47 pm

Is there a way to only download the legion models without having world and spell models ? Would love to have the option to only use the character models.

Glarthir

Post by Glarthir » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:46 pm

omg this is so awesome! I never thought this day would come!

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:40 am

@Glarthir yeah bro, works like a charm

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:38 am

Your work is awesome

But id love have the eagles with upgraded model (i have a amani eagle as hunter pet and retain the classic model. And looks crappy compares with new models)

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=eagle2brown

Is a way to make this possible?
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:11 am

Updates have slowed down because I've got no one who has more experience working with BLP compression and formatting, and I haven't heard from Crestian in a while, so I may also need a new asset artist.

If anyone knows someone who has experience making custom textures who can fill either or both of these roles, please point them this way.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:03 am

I'm seeing some places where I could improve on the existing Goblin PC sounds, as they seem jury-rigged to use normal NPC Goblin mob combat sound entries in SoundEntries, and somehow the Female Goblin PCs point to Male Gnomes for their combat sound entries. I imagine that the planned addition of custom voice lines for the Goblin PCs will change SoundEntries to better facilitate this, but would it be unreasonable to ask a dev if I might be pointed in the right direction for how to modify the DBC in advance, that I might plug in the Cataclysm Goblin combat sounds for Patch-Y.MPQ?

That would be quite helpful and be a nice stop-gap until any voice-acting work can be done.

Leojjet

Post by Leojjet » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:46 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:03 am
I'm seeing some places where I could improve on the existing Goblin PC sounds, as they seem jury-rigged to use normal NPC Goblin mob combat sound entries in SoundEntries, and somehow the Female Goblin PCs point to Male Gnomes for their combat sound entries. I imagine that the planned addition of custom voice lines for the Goblin PCs will change SoundEntries to better facilitate this, but would it be unreasonable to ask a dev if I might be pointed in the right direction for how to modify the DBC in advance, that I might plug in the Cataclysm Goblin combat sounds for Patch-Y.MPQ?

That would be quite helpful and be a nice stop-gap until any voice-acting work can be done.
For what it’s worth I think your doing an amazing job with this stuff. I know in the past the devs didn’t exactly provide support for HD mods like this, but I hope one of the more “turtle tech” savvy devs will reach out eventually.

I’d guess after the class changes are out, it’s probably highest on the que.
Last edited by Leojjet on Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrkir

Post by Tyrkir » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:25 pm

First of all great work on this, nicely done.
I am curious if the only thing i wanted to change is some of the player character models, how would i need to go about it? For example if i wanted the humans changed but not the weapons or the terrain etc.

Sofacrusader

Post by Sofacrusader » Fri May 06, 2022 1:43 pm

Thank you for the mod!

Noker

Post by Noker » Sat May 07, 2022 4:36 pm

Bug report. Troll model with green skin looks like a flesh golem, with texture chaos.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat May 07, 2022 7:08 pm

Noker wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 4:36 pm
Bug report. Troll model with green skin looks like a flesh golem, with texture chaos.
I am aware of this. We do not have HD assets for jungle troll skin, so until Crestian returns or another artist steps in, there's nothing that can be done about it.

Grimhornett

Post by Grimhornett » Wed May 11, 2022 2:51 pm

Are you going to manage to put the voices of the female goblins PCs?

The voices of the male gnomes disturb me. xD

Thx again for this mod !

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed May 11, 2022 11:38 pm

If you spot any items that show checkered boxes with Turtle HD and not without, please report the item name in here so I can update the ItemDisplayInfo.dbc

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue May 17, 2022 7:09 am

Fixed a number of audio bugs and a few memory crashes and graphic bugs. Sadly, there's still a lot of progress to make on the graphics bugs front. Please bear with me, as I am currently without an artist.

Grab the latest version of patch-W.MPQ from the first post.

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Wed May 18, 2022 12:17 am

Thanks for your effort bro, apreciatte :D

Normercer

Post by Normercer » Thu May 19, 2022 12:48 pm

Hello! Great Addon, i love it! turtle_in_love_head

A friend of mine ran into a bug with it, maybe you know why it happens and if it's fixable.

The bug is the following: His little wizard gnome lost his fabulous wizard beard

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu May 19, 2022 5:53 pm

That is not one of the facial hairstyles available with the patch, and looks more like a bug where certain assets are not being loaded. Are you using any other patches besides the ones I linked and the ones that came with Turtle? These problems can happen when you mix and match patches.

That same beard should appear roughly like this:

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu May 19, 2022 10:24 pm

There's been another update to address a few more bugs. Please grab the latest patch-W.MPQ at your earliest convenience. As always, report any bugs you find here, bearing in mind there are still some graphical bugs for missing assets while I am without an artist.

Looking for a new texture artist, on that note, as Crestian has gone MIA.

Loraliel

Post by Loraliel » Fri May 20, 2022 8:41 am

Love the look of this mod, thank you so much for your efforts. I just wanted to report a bug I have encountered and wondered if this is fixable on my end or if it's a known issue.

Goblin characters appear totally bald for me, with nothing but the scalp texture (on females), the added hairstyles are not showing. As far as I'm aware I have no other patches installed besides the HD environment pack.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri May 20, 2022 9:41 am

This is an unfortunate side effect of the patch, and I will try to see if I can't re-enable them through DBC modification.

EDIT: I have been able to resolve the issue with Goblin hair not appearing by removing the CharHairGeosets.dbc from patch-W with no immediately apparent side-effects on other races. Now let's see if I can fix the skin color not changing on my patch.

EDIT2: Alright, I've completely fixed Goblins hair and skin and eye colors. Expect an update to the patch soon.
Normercer wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:48 pm
Hello! Great Addon, i love it! turtle_in_love_head

A friend of mine ran into a bug with it, maybe you know why it happens and if it's fixable.

The bug is the following: His little wizard gnome lost his fabulous wizard beard
I have found what appears to be 3 "missing" facial hairs on my patch, which I can only assume are additional facial hairs implemented by Turtle. There won't be a fix for this unless I can find a new asset artist to create HD versions of these Turtle hairs, I'm afraid.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri May 20, 2022 10:51 am

Updated patch-W.MPQ to fix Goblin graphical bugs.

I am aware of certain graphical bugs with items like Ebon Mask displaying a no-model checkered box, and am taking notes and fixing them as I come across them. The HD patch tried to replace several items with Legion counterparts, but it seems the assets don't work properly on High Elves or Goblins. Rather than try to make the new models work, it would be easier to revert them.

If you spot any other items that behave this way, let me know, and when I have enough fixes I'll push out another update.

Normercer

Post by Normercer » Fri May 20, 2022 2:28 pm

Hello, it' me again. About that missing gnome beard. We tried everything. We deleted all addons, deinstalled turtle wow. Even used your updated version. Still the gnome beard is missing, like on the pictures above

Oran1

Post by Oran1 » Fri May 20, 2022 3:35 pm

Just wanted to say thank you for making this :D hope it gets more updated.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri May 20, 2022 6:25 pm

Normercer wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:28 pm
Hello, it' me again. About that missing gnome beard. We tried everything. We deleted all addons, deinstalled turtle wow. Even used your updated version. Still the gnome beard is missing, like on the pictures above
As stated, this is because we do not currently have the assets. Please be patient until I can find a new assets artist to create them.

Normercer

Post by Normercer » Sat May 21, 2022 5:48 pm

Oh sorry, i thought you talked about other assets and not the gnome one. My bad Redmagejoe, thanks for your reply :)

Hibernate

Post by Hibernate » Sat May 21, 2022 5:53 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned, but after adding this mod, I will see spell effects linger long after the spell is over. Example: As a Paladin, after casting consecrate, every time I come back to the area where I first cast it, I still see the spell effect pulsating holy light. In an area where I fought a lot of mobs, it looks like a German techno dance club.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat May 21, 2022 7:08 pm

Hibernate wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:53 pm
Not sure if this was mentioned, but after adding this mod, I will see spell effects linger long after the spell is over. Example: As a Paladin, after casting consecrate, every time I come back to the area where I first cast it, I still see the spell effect pulsating holy light. In an area where I fought a lot of mobs, it looks like a German techno dance club.
That is actually independent of the mod and has reports weeks ago from players not using any mods whatsoever. I don't recall what the solution was, but it may have been a caching issue.

Jere53

Post by Jere53 » Sat May 21, 2022 9:10 pm

Hi there! Is there a way I could tweak the files to make it so the mod updates only the music, but leaves the models and textures in their vanilla states?. Thanks in advance! Incredible work you've been doing.

Oran1

Post by Oran1 » Sat May 21, 2022 11:26 pm

Hey, been using it for awhile now and it seems i crash every now and then. It says it's Model2\M2.cpp and Not enough memory resources are available to process this command.

Line: 111

If you can do have a look into it, thanks in advance :)