Turtle HD Project

Supersix71

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Supersix71 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:00 am

I don't see that white blob thing in UC. Everything looks as it should.

Eruedraith

Post by Eruedraith » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:40 pm

Supersix71 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:00 am
I don't see that white blob thing in UC. Everything looks as it should.
It’s the spirit healers in the spirit realm across the world, not an NPC in UC.

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:34 pm

this happens on all spirit healers. maybe last patch disturbed their skin? neutral_turtle_head

Sirokos

Error #132

Post by Sirokos » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:30 pm

I'm getting a crash (error #132) whenever I switch characters in my character screen.
Only happens after I log to another account and then back to the one I want to play.
Can't go up and down to select characters then without crashing.
Tried removing everything. It's the patch-Y.MPQ causing this.
Is there a solution to this?

Esketit1234

Post by Esketit1234 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:36 pm

my troll has messed up ears and jaw textures, is this a graphical bug?

https://i.imgur.com/0IVHU8n.png
https://i.imgur.com/4AQgg2J.png

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:31 pm

Known issue with the Forest Trolls skins, due to not having custom HD textures for them. Please be patient.

The patch is not currently being developed until a final client update comes through which addresses some of the bugs, as this will require comparing client files for compatibility. I will let everyone know when a new update is in the works.

Pontifice

Post by Pontifice » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:17 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:31 pm
a final client update
Is the final client update being developed? smiling_turtle

Whitecatmomma

Post by Whitecatmomma » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:27 pm

Missing some enviromental textures on character creation sometimes the models won't load other than that everything is going great

Undisturbed

Post by Undisturbed » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:42 pm

Does anyone know which T-wow shop mounts are compatible with Turtle HD, I would hate to have to do a trial and error

Whitecatmomma

Post by Whitecatmomma » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:49 pm

Got the white creame puff in place of a spirit healer

Sinlock

Post by Sinlock » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:37 pm

Using the HD texture pack and just bought a mount off of the turtle shop and it looks like this! please help if possible

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:39 pm

Please be patient. There will be some compatibility issues during the post-update period. I will keep everyone posted on when I start working on a new compatibility patch.

Pontifice

Post by Pontifice » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:01 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:39 pm
Please be patient. There will be some compatibility issues during the post-update period. I will keep everyone posted on when I start working on a new compatibility patch.
You're a hero. We love you!

Whitecatmomma

Post by Whitecatmomma » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:53 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:39 pm
Take your time, I am sorry if my reports were annoying

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:36 am

feedback: since last update, Tirisfla uplands and Hillsbrad Foothills ALWAYS rains. there is never beena single time I saw the sun/clear sky,. always rains.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:31 am

Can i make a Suggestion?

With the hd models all hunter pets have a cool skin

All except foxes and eagles

Very sad because eagles have a really cool hd model that may be implemented with the patch

Look at his coolness

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... lightbrown
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:24 am

I cannot pull any assets from the new CASC file structure used in Warlords onward, and rely entirely upon work that another person did to obtain the assets prior for my patch. If someone wants to provide the assets, I can certainly apply them, but I have already tried and failed to make sense of CASC. I can only pull assets from MPQ which is used from vanilla up through Mists of Pandaria.

Xgdragon

Post by Xgdragon » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:09 pm

A bit of a far cry, but is it at all possible to load for example Draenei models as a stand-in for a different race?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:53 pm

I have no intention of working on an entity-swapping patch. Is it possible? Yes but with significantly more work involved than simply replacing files. You would have to make that your own personal project.

Hypnoti

Post by Hypnoti » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:15 pm

Thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to the patch! :)

Ziandos

Post by Ziandos » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:46 pm

I just installed the 2 mods yesterday and am loving it. And as I can tell from previous posts it's not even fully polished because of the recent Updates. So great work and thank you so much =)

Teurikh

Post by Teurikh » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:49 am

Good afternoon, I saw what the shields of mages and priests look like and I didn't like it. Can you tell me how their files are called in MPQeditor for deletion?

Spacestr

Post by Spacestr » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:07 am

New update released Patch-Y and Patch-Z, what do we rename them to now?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:43 am

You don't. Once again, you wait until I make an update when all these patches stop dropping. I have it under good authority that there is going to be a Turtle patch squish, which will avail much more space for custom patches. I will post updates after that time. Please simply play without Turtle HD in the interim.

Gmarguelles

Post by Gmarguelles » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:37 am

Thank you! for the updates! Is there a place where I can get the Whitemane skin from Draenor, so I can maybe help you with getting it into the patch?

Gmarguelles

Post by Gmarguelles » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:40 am

Or is there a way to replace the scarlet inquisitor skin with regular human skin so it doesn't appear broken?

Akalix

Post by Akalix » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:29 am

Just posting to mention how awesome these are. Been using them for a long time, I appreciate all the work put into them, I love playing with the HD textures turtle_in_love_head
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Pyrahead

Post by Pyrahead » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:58 pm

Hey, I have tried many things now, but after applying your patch, my character misses it's icon on the top left and at the character screen. My friends also told me, that I don't have a character icon on their end.
I have unpacked a new .zip from the client, started the game and everything was there. After applying the patch and logging in again, it's gone. Very weird problem.

Slaash0

Post by Slaash0 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:09 pm

Just here to say thank you ! It's awesome. Some few bugs, but i hope High Elf models will be available very soon ! turtle_in_love_head

Arsenic1111

Post by Arsenic1111 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:18 am

I found a bug with some of the dwarf / troll textures. It appears for certain skin color selections for these two races - notably the Wildhammer dwarf skins and whatever the troll equivalent is. Other races don't appear to be affected.

The texture bug occurs for both genders, across (probably) all permutations of the other character appearance settings.

Oran1

Post by Oran1 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:19 pm

The Links to download seem to not be working anymore :( @Redmagejoe

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:38 pm

I took them down because, as I said, they are not up to date and not compatible with the current version. There will be an official release once the patch squish happens which I'm told is a few weeks out. I made a quick and dirty compatibility patch which I'm testing personally, but it's not stable enough for release yet.

Please be patient and play without the patch for the time being. Look forward to a more stable patch in the future.

Oran1

Post by Oran1 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:57 pm

oh okay, thanks again for the work you do :D - i am playing with the last patch you made and seems to work well for me for now but yea if it starts causing problems i'll just play without it for now.

Aurenath

Post by Aurenath » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:08 pm

Awesome work, I appreance it so much, it really adds some new life onto old content.
One question tho; is there any chance in future for new HD models to be added for High Elves? Or it's just too hard to implement on custom race like that?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:49 am

The patch should contain updated Blood Elf models, but if there's newer ones, it will be very difficult to acquire as CASC is not easy to navigate and pull assets from in post-Pandaria files.