Turtle HD Project

Redmagejoe

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:25 am

Samsam wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:03 pm
TWoW custom textures, such as this warpainted orc face:

Are fucked up with the HD-patch:

So I tried to do that custom war paint for the HD textures with photoshop and it came out pretty nice (ignore his black body):

So it's possible to make the custom skins for the HD pathc, however it will take a LOT of time, but maybe I will try it out.
Any artistic contributions are appreciated. If you'd like to take a serious crack at this, I can provide you with the specific files from Turtle for which we don't have HD assets, as well as the files that we do have for reference / as a foundation.

Here's the converted PNGs of all the Orc textures in the HD pack, and the Turtle custom Orc textures:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/a49uhzlf ... Gs.7z/file
Last edited by Redmagejoe on Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:26 am

Silcrow wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:01 pm
Alright, I edited "crest's" work. See if any of these work.

https://mega.nz/file/xZpwgK6a#R6JWn5vj_ ... Kn5rj3rvRo
Would like to see the original PNGs that you made, rather than the converted BLPs, due to some glitching similar to Crestian's after using a particular tool. Could you please just send me the PNG versions?

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:19 am

Samsam wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:03 pm
TWoW custom textures, such as this warpainted orc face:

Are fucked up with the HD-patch:

So I tried to do that custom war paint for the HD textures with photoshop and it came out pretty nice (ignore his black body):

So it's possible to make the custom skins for the HD pathc, however it will take a LOT of time, but maybe I will try it out.
Nice work bro :D

Succubophile

Post by Succubophile » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:48 pm

I really like it, but I have a lot of crashes in random places (12 in 5 days) :c

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:32 pm

If you're getting memory crashes, it's worth considering getting the 4gb patch for 32-bit executables. This patch demands more memory than just playing the base game.

Soleman

Post by Soleman » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:29 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:32 pm
If you're getting memory crashes, it's worth considering getting the 4gb patch for 32-bit executables. This patch demands more memory than just playing the base game.
Any chance you could link to that patch? I'm getting these random crashes now and again.

Succubophile

Post by Succubophile » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:52 am

I used the Large Address Aware. It worked better, but crashes sometimes still happen.

Samsam

Post by Samsam » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:27 pm

Here are the male warpaint-faces:
https://mega.nz/file/oCUViJrB#Eo6IlfBPJ ... wQSGnCu66I

I named them correctly, they should work as is when inserted in the MPQ. Let me know what do you think, is it visually good enough?

Edit: Can I have your discord so it's easier to communicate?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:57 pm

Samsam wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:27 pm
Here are the male warpaint-faces:
https://mega.nz/file/oCUViJrB#Eo6IlfBPJ ... wQSGnCu66I

I named them correctly, they should work as is when inserted in the MPQ. Let me know what do you think, is it visually good enough?

Edit: Can I have your discord so it's easier to communicate?
I don't have a Discord. Best way to reach me is on here.

These look and work great! There's some minor parity that's more OCD than anything for OrcMaleFaceLower09_00.blp (the war paint bands are thinner than the others), but I can totally deploy this unless you wanted to try your hand at other needed assets.

Silcrow

Post by Silcrow » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:42 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:26 am
Silcrow wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:01 pm
Alright, I edited "crest's" work. See if any of these work.

https://mega.nz/file/xZpwgK6a#R6JWn5vj_ ... Kn5rj3rvRo
Would like to see the original PNGs that you made, rather than the converted BLPs, due to some glitching similar to Crestian's after using a particular tool. Could you please just send me the PNG versions?
The PNG's I used were the same ones from the file you posted that contained Crestian's edits. If you still have those, then you have the same ones as me. I already have a hunch as to what textures didn't work. If you can provide the HD PNG's, unaltered, then I can see about editing them then converting them to BLP. If not, then I'll try to edit Crestian's work to function properly. Or if you are missing his files then I can re-post them.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:28 am

Silcrow wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:42 am
The PNG's I used were the same ones from the file you posted that contained Crestian's edits. If you still have those, then you have the same ones as me. I already have a hunch as to what textures didn't work. If you can provide the HD PNG's, unaltered, then I can see about editing them then converting them to BLP. If not, then I'll try to edit Crestian's work to function properly. Or if you are missing his files then I can re-post them.
I was afraid of that. As I stated, those PNGs were merely references for what the finished product should look like, but the PNGs themselves should not be used, copied, etc. The files are completely corrupt and can never be a usable BLP.

As I did for the Orc face fix Samsam did, I'll convert working BLPs into PNGs that can then be edited to LOOK like the PNGs in that "crest.7z". Please leave your finished work in PNG format, and leave the BLP conversion to me.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zfzd8x7k ... ng.7z/file

These are the currently working HD Night Elf hair textures, converted to PNG. If you could recreate them with the same colors used in the PNGs provided in "crest.7z" with the same names (_08 and _10) it would be greatly appreciated. I will convert them to BLPs and put them in a test patch, and if it works, merge it into the current live patch.

Samsam

Post by Samsam » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:11 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:57 pm

I don't have a Discord. Best way to reach me is on here.

These look and work great! There's some minor parity that's more OCD than anything for OrcMaleFaceLower09_00.blp (the war paint bands are thinner than the others), but I can totally deploy this unless you wanted to try your hand at other needed assets.
I want to atleast try to convert all of the custom skins for all races. For the orc Mag'har skin and the grey skin which's name I already forgot kind of exists already in HD. Or well, the colors exists, the tattoos and "decorations" don't but using those skin files for those custom skins is good enough imo.

I will post files here every time I manage to convert something into HD, but as I said it will be probably a long process.

Silcrow

Post by Silcrow » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:42 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:28 am
Silcrow wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:42 am
I was afraid of that. As I stated, those PNGs were merely references for what the finished product should look like, but the PNGs themselves should not be used, copied, etc. The files are completely corrupt and can never be a usable BLP.

As I did for the Orc face fix Samsam did, I'll convert working BLPs into PNGs that can then be edited to LOOK like the PNGs in that "crest.7z". Please leave your finished work in PNG format, and leave the BLP conversion to me.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zfzd8x7k ... ng.7z/file

These are the currently working HD Night Elf hair textures, converted to PNG. If you could recreate them with the same colors used in the PNGs provided in "crest.7z" with the same names (_08 and _10) it would be greatly appreciated. I will convert them to BLPs and put them in a test patch, and if it works, merge it into the current live patch.
Here is my edits. There wasn't much of a difference between the old _08 and _10 files. I tried to give them a slight difference with one being near black and one very dark grey.

https://mega.nz/file/UcozAYzR#S996E1QNL ... qsZGUbzvAg

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:31 am

Hmm, I wish I could figure out why the faces turn completely black in the last few versions... I'm not familiar enough with the graphics attributes to know why the client isn't displaying faces properly with the new hairs. I'll try to speak to someone else who works with client edits.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:38 pm

The hair itself works properly. I'm trying to narrow down if the problem lies in the scalp textures or the facial textures.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:39 pm

I noticed an issue with Swift Horde Worg mounts using old textures, and a few texture issues with Skeletal Steeds. Will try to resolve these and push out a new version soon.

Albusturt

Post by Albusturt » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:30 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:39 pm
I noticed an issue with Swift Horde Worg mounts using old textures, and a few texture issues with Skeletal Steeds. Will try to resolve these and push out a new version soon.
Have you noticed the grey hair night elf glitch?

Thank you for your work.

Teurikh

Post by Teurikh » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:13 am

Hello, just now I noticed that the patch-w does not change the textures and models of the high elves. Is that how it should be? There is nothing in the description about it.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:05 am

Teurikh wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:13 am
Hello, just now I noticed that the patch-w does not change the textures and models of the high elves. Is that how it should be? There is nothing in the description about it.
High Elf PCs (not NPCs) should have the new models and textures, easily seen by whether they have green eyes or blue eyes.

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:29 am

Hello, the Final Humanoid Boss of BFD (the Orc) seems to by with bad and ugly face, please check it out.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:00 am

Faustorgo wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:29 am
Hello, the Final Humanoid Boss of BFD (the Orc) seems to by with bad and ugly face, please check it out.
Somehow, Kelris's CreatureDisplayExtra texture got assigned to some Stormpike Dwarf. I'll see if I can't find his proper texture and upload a new patch with that fix and the warpaint Orc player character faces fix. It seems that the texture for 4088 was also mis-assigned to another NPC, so it's a good thing I cracked this open. Thank you for catching this!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:28 am

UPDATED PATCH-W.MPQ

Fixed Male Orc PC faces with black warpaint
Fixed Twilight Lord Kelris
Cleaned up a few more NPCs.

As a note to whoever requested the Black Skeletal Steed from donation shop be differentiated from Baron Rivendare's Deathcharger (using the Death Knight mount from Wrath of the Lich King), both items invoke the same spell effect (summoning the same Creature entity which thus uses the same Display ID), so it would be more difficult to mod this clientside. This would require Turtle WoW Staff to make the spells given by the items invoke 2 different Creatures. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Teurikh

Post by Teurikh » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:26 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:05 am
Teurikh wrote:
High Elf PCs (not NPCs) should have the new models and textures, easily seen by whether they have green eyes or blue eyes.
Then I'm in trouble. Elves with a patch look completely different from those in the same dressing room in a wowhead (it's worth looking at least at the hands). While the rest of the races are fine.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:47 pm

Teurikh wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:26 pm
Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:05 am
Teurikh wrote:
Then I'm in trouble. Elves with a patch look completely different from those in the same dressing room in a wowhead (it's worth looking at least at the hands). While the rest of the races are fine.
Well, it's because this mod only replaces beta blood elf models with actual TBC blood elf models. So it's not HD, (un)fortunately.

Hirovision

Post by Hirovision » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:44 am

Sorry to bother, but I downloaded both of the files in the OP at the bottom and put them into data folder. I deleted the WDB folder as well and started my game. Looks great, but whenever I go into SW my game crashes and I get an error pop up on my pc EVERY TIME. It is not every once in a while. I can not go into SW. ANyone know what I should do?

Dakkashagga

Post by Dakkashagga » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:14 am

is there a version with just the music patch? my client keeps getting fatal errors with the legion model pack

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:03 am

Please ensure you are not renaming the patches to avoid throwing errors due to bad load order.

Slody

Post by Slody » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:47 am

Facemaker wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:24 am
Hey all, if anyone interested i have the water patch, that works with Twow client. It's not the full procedural thing, but it looks nicer than standart vanilla water repeating texture.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/urhqn75z ... 4.MPQ/file
The link is dead. And I have hard time to find this patch. Anyone may reupload please?
Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:44 pm
And as shown in my screenshot, when paired with the other patches, it just causes the water to be flat and white.
This is exactly what I looking for. Like in that screenshot:
Last edited by Slody on Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lev

Post by Lev » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Redmagejoe - you are just God

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:50 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:00 am
Faustorgo wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:29 am
Somehow, Kelris's CreatureDisplayExtra texture got assigned to some Stormpike Dwarf. I'll see if I can't find his proper texture and upload a new patch with that fix and the warpaint Orc player character faces fix. It seems that the texture for 4088 was also mis-assigned to another NPC, so it's a good thing I cracked this open. Thank you for catching this!
Thanks for the Update bro :D

Daaki

Post by Daaki » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:56 am

Found another mob with some odd textures:

Gurky

Post by Gurky » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:58 am

Daaki wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:56 am
Found another mob with some odd textures:

What nightmares are made of.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:03 am

Daaki wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:56 am
Found another mob with some odd textures
Mirador fixed, and also made some improvements to a few other models.

UPDATED PATCH-W.MPQ IN FIRST POST
Last edited by Redmagejoe on Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dakkashagga

Post by Dakkashagga » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:52 pm

any plans to update wildhammer dwarf skins?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:31 pm

That depends entirely upon the contributions of artists, which I am not. I am just the editor.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my blue High Elf eyes contributor at the moment.