Turtle HD Project

Redmagejoe

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:39 pm

I noticed an issue with Swift Horde Worg mounts using old textures, and a few texture issues with Skeletal Steeds. Will try to resolve these and push out a new version soon.

Albusturt

Post by Albusturt » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:30 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:39 pm
I noticed an issue with Swift Horde Worg mounts using old textures, and a few texture issues with Skeletal Steeds. Will try to resolve these and push out a new version soon.
Have you noticed the grey hair night elf glitch?

Thank you for your work.

Teurikh

Post by Teurikh » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:13 am

Hello, just now I noticed that the patch-w does not change the textures and models of the high elves. Is that how it should be? There is nothing in the description about it.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:05 am

Teurikh wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:13 am
Hello, just now I noticed that the patch-w does not change the textures and models of the high elves. Is that how it should be? There is nothing in the description about it.
High Elf PCs (not NPCs) should have the new models and textures, easily seen by whether they have green eyes or blue eyes.

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:29 am

Hello, the Final Humanoid Boss of BFD (the Orc) seems to by with bad and ugly face, please check it out.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:00 am

Faustorgo wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:29 am
Hello, the Final Humanoid Boss of BFD (the Orc) seems to by with bad and ugly face, please check it out.
Somehow, Kelris's CreatureDisplayExtra texture got assigned to some Stormpike Dwarf. I'll see if I can't find his proper texture and upload a new patch with that fix and the warpaint Orc player character faces fix. It seems that the texture for 4088 was also mis-assigned to another NPC, so it's a good thing I cracked this open. Thank you for catching this!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:28 am

UPDATED PATCH-W.MPQ

Fixed Male Orc PC faces with black warpaint
Fixed Twilight Lord Kelris
Cleaned up a few more NPCs.

As a note to whoever requested the Black Skeletal Steed from donation shop be differentiated from Baron Rivendare's Deathcharger (using the Death Knight mount from Wrath of the Lich King), both items invoke the same spell effect (summoning the same Creature entity which thus uses the same Display ID), so it would be more difficult to mod this clientside. This would require Turtle WoW Staff to make the spells given by the items invoke 2 different Creatures. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Teurikh

Post by Teurikh » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:26 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:05 am
Teurikh wrote:
High Elf PCs (not NPCs) should have the new models and textures, easily seen by whether they have green eyes or blue eyes.
Then I'm in trouble. Elves with a patch look completely different from those in the same dressing room in a wowhead (it's worth looking at least at the hands). While the rest of the races are fine.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:47 pm

Teurikh wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:26 pm
Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:05 am
Teurikh wrote:
Then I'm in trouble. Elves with a patch look completely different from those in the same dressing room in a wowhead (it's worth looking at least at the hands). While the rest of the races are fine.
Well, it's because this mod only replaces beta blood elf models with actual TBC blood elf models. So it's not HD, (un)fortunately.

Hirovision

Post by Hirovision » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:44 am

Sorry to bother, but I downloaded both of the files in the OP at the bottom and put them into data folder. I deleted the WDB folder as well and started my game. Looks great, but whenever I go into SW my game crashes and I get an error pop up on my pc EVERY TIME. It is not every once in a while. I can not go into SW. ANyone know what I should do?

Dakkashagga

Post by Dakkashagga » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:14 am

is there a version with just the music patch? my client keeps getting fatal errors with the legion model pack

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:03 am

Please ensure you are not renaming the patches to avoid throwing errors due to bad load order.

Slody

Post by Slody » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:47 am

Facemaker wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:24 am
Hey all, if anyone interested i have the water patch, that works with Twow client. It's not the full procedural thing, but it looks nicer than standart vanilla water repeating texture.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/urhqn75z ... 4.MPQ/file
The link is dead. And I have hard time to find this patch. Anyone may reupload please?
Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:44 pm
And as shown in my screenshot, when paired with the other patches, it just causes the water to be flat and white.
This is exactly what I looking for. Like in that screenshot:
Last edited by Slody on Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lev

Post by Lev » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Redmagejoe - you are just God

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:50 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:00 am
Faustorgo wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:29 am
Somehow, Kelris's CreatureDisplayExtra texture got assigned to some Stormpike Dwarf. I'll see if I can't find his proper texture and upload a new patch with that fix and the warpaint Orc player character faces fix. It seems that the texture for 4088 was also mis-assigned to another NPC, so it's a good thing I cracked this open. Thank you for catching this!
Thanks for the Update bro :D

Daaki

Post by Daaki » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:56 am

Found another mob with some odd textures:

Gurky

Post by Gurky » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:58 am

Daaki wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:56 am
Found another mob with some odd textures:

What nightmares are made of.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:03 am

Daaki wrote:
Found another mob with some odd textures
Mirador fixed, and also made some improvements to a few other models.

UPDATED PATCH-W.MPQ IN FIRST POST
Last edited by Redmagejoe on Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dakkashagga

Post by Dakkashagga » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:52 pm

any plans to update wildhammer dwarf skins?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:31 pm

That depends entirely upon the contributions of artists, which I am not. I am just the editor.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my blue High Elf eyes contributor at the moment.

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:24 pm

Thanks again for the udate Redmagejoe

Lorencor

Post by Lorencor » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:36 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:03 am
Daaki wrote:
Found another mob with some odd textures
Mirador fixed, and also made some improvements to a few other models. Also fixed the new Gnomeregan music only playing 2 parts of the 5-part suite.

UPDATED PATCH-W.MPQ IN FIRST POST
Good job dude! Thanks
Fixxer

Hubertus

Post by Hubertus » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:59 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:46 pm
hi, how does the environment retexture compare to the other one posted on this forum?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2496&sid=058da3d8c ... 111f1f4265
The old one seems to use TBC models so would be closer to what vanilla looked like. With this one using models from Legion it looks quite modern.

@Redmagejoe: I personally feel like these packs are great since slightly better graphics are one of the things that Vanilla+ should include for me: Thank you for the hard work!
"Deutscher Wein ist was für Intellektuelle." - Hubertus
"German wine is for intellectuals." - Hubertus

Therock1990

Post by Therock1990 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:19 am

Slody wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:47 am
Facemaker wrote:
Hey all, if anyone interested i have the water patch, that works with Twow client. It's not the full procedural thing, but it looks nicer than standart vanilla water repeating texture.

The link is dead. And I have hard time to find this patch. Anyone may reupload please?
Redmagejoe wrote:
And as shown in my screenshot, when paired with the other patches, it just causes the water to be flat and white.
Please reupload this patch i googled but didn’ found it and for me is beautiful for the water effect

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:23 am

There will be a 1.16.1 compatibility pre-patch of Turtle HD dropping sometime in the next few days, so please look forward to that.

Facemaker

Post by Facemaker » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:19 pm

Therock1990 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:19 am
Slody wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:47 am
Facemaker wrote:

Redmagejoe wrote:
Please reupload this patch i googled but didn’ found it and for me is beautiful for the water effect
Sure, i reuploaded it

Slody

Post by Slody » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:38 pm

Facemaker wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:19 pm
Unfortunately it doesn't work. I have old texture. I don't use HD textures if that matter.

Facemaker

Post by Facemaker » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:44 pm

Slody wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:38 pm
Facemaker wrote:
Unfortunately it doesn't work. I have old texture. I don't use HD textures if that matter.
Hmmthat is odd, you do not need any HD textures for it to work, it just needs to be placed in the DATA folderm try rename it to patch-3.MPQ

Slody

Post by Slody » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:57 pm

Facemaker wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:44 pm
Still doesn't work. I doesn't have any custom patches either. Oh well. I will continue playing with default one.
Ok. I found the issue. You have to enable "Terrain Highlights" in video options. Now it works. Thank you!

Therock1990

Post by Therock1990 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:40 am

Facemaker wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:44 pm
Slody wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:38 pm
Facemaker wrote:
Hmmthat is odd, you do not need any HD textures for it to work, it just needs to be placed in the DATA folderm try rename it to patch-3.MPQ
Not work on hd patch u help us plz?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:24 am

Please make another thread for this instead of hijacking this one.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:21 am

Soon...

Dakkashagga

Post by Dakkashagga » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:55 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:23 am
There will be a 1.16.1 compatibility pre-patch of Turtle HD dropping sometime in the next few days, so please look forward to that.
will it include wildhammer dwarf skins?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:26 am

Jarlson wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:55 am
will it include wildhammer dwarf skins?
There exists a possibility that I may gain access to more asset-creation resources after the patch, but I can't make any promises.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:44 pm

I'm making several additional soundtrack changes to the upcoming patch as well, like bringing back memorable old tracks alongside the newer ones for variety and to blend nostalgia and atmosphere on a zone-by-zone basis.