Flask of the Titans query

Moderator: Gifted

Chlo

Flask of the Titans query

Post by Chlo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:27 am

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to make a post as since we got the Flask of the Titans recipe I’ve had a few people asking about them. Firstly, thank you to all the people who have been very generous in sending over reagents. We currently have 282 gromsblood, 241 stonescale eel/oil, and 27 black lotus and I’m hoping to get a Scholomance group together on either Thursday or Friday to go to the lab.

To the main point of the post: I’ve had a few people asking me if I will be selling the flasks. This seems like it would be disrespectful to everyone that has spent their time farming the ingredients and wasn’t something that had occurred to me. My assumption was that we can go to the lab, make the flasks, and then I’ll make sure Gifted/Smutron/Er/Engie etc (i.e. anyone that is always at the raid) has them for whoever goes and needs them the most. I haven’t played the game for very long so don’t know if there is some other general system about what happens, and I wouldn’t want people to be unhappy. Of course, if someone has a set of reagents and would like a flask making for them specifically then it also wouldn’t seem fair to then give that to someone else.

Also, on the trade section on discord Edd is offering prices to buy the reagents for the flask and other potions so please do take a look.

Sorry for the ramble and any response would be great.

Chlo x

Qixel

Re: Flask of the Titans query

Post by Qixel » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:41 am

Speaking as someone who has taken part in tons of UBRS runs up to and including the one where the pattern finally dropped, if you're supplying the mats, you got every right to sell the flasks you craft.

Certainly, it'd be cool if this first batch is just given to the raid, but there's no requisite that they all be. You ran the raid just as we did, and you'll have to do at least part of scholo every time you make more. You provide an essential, in-demand service, and it's absolutely fair to be compensated for that service.

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:25 am

Personally I don't care what you do with materials you farm. However it must be stated that since you rolled on the only recipe we have, you are responsible for making sure we have the opportunity to get these flasks made.

What ends up on the auction house with your own materials is nobody's business but your own, however you are responsible for everyone else having a fair shot at getting their flasks made.

So glad it finally dropped, 10k HP bear incoming! 🐻
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:18 am

we should have a friday flask run where we make all the flasks from mats gathered during the week
E.R.

Chlo

Post by Chlo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:22 pm

Thank you all for the replies, I just wasn't really sure what I was supposed to be doing and that helps a lot. For me, Friday would be perfect to do a flask run :)

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:51 pm

I was speaking to Tyrelys and Engie today and we're planning a scholo run for flasks and then some battlegrounds afterwards on Friday if people want in.

It could become a regular thing since there's no formal events on Fridays.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:13 pm

Chlo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:27 am
To the main point of the post: I’ve had a few people asking me if I will be selling the flasks. This seems like it would be disrespectful to everyone that has spent their time farming the ingredients and wasn’t something that had occurred to me. My assumption was that we can go to the lab, make the flasks, and then I’ll make sure Gifted/Smutron/Er/Engie etc (i.e. anyone that is always at the raid) has them for whoever goes and needs them the most. I haven’t played the game for very long so don’t know if there is some other general system about what happens, and I wouldn’t want people to be unhappy. Of course, if someone has a set of reagents and would like a flask making for them specifically then it also wouldn’t seem fair to then give that to someone else.
You leveled your alchemy and you earned the recipe. Yes it was a lucky drop and /roll but you've been grinding for that recipe for some time, so congratulations! As far as selling flasks goes, as long as you're providing the materials then they're your flasks to do with as you please as far as I'm concerned.

If players are providing you with materials it would be nice if you made flasks for free, but you're the alchemist so it's your call. If players are asking you to craft more than 1 flask and don't help with Scholomance then they really should be offering at least 5g per flask as a tip. If players are asking you to make flasks and they're going onto the AH rather than to help with raids I'd be charging at least a 50g fee per flask for that service!

I don't post this to tell you what to do, you're the alchemist so you get to decide how things are handled. This is just how I'd handle it if it was me making flasks for people.

~Gifted

Chlo

Post by Chlo » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:36 am

Hi Gifted :)

Thank you for replying and for your input.

Almost all the mats I've received have been from kind donations (Er, Edd, Ilmane, Justherz, Lenore, Wylan, Slowbro, myself and yourself (and sorry to anyone I have missed out)) and I'm more than happy to just make them as raid flasks. I made the post as when I first won the recipe I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do and selling them hadn't occurred to me. I only had one flask purely from my own mats (I HATE fishing) which i gave Smultron for first Snowball run.

Anyway, I have mats for another 7 more titans flasks now. Also have the spellpower flask recipe Gifted kindly gave me so any mats for that (dreamfoil and mountain silversage) would be kindly received.

Thank you all, and much love from me and Chomper (friendly sharptooth) <3