Lord Kazzak World Boss Raid

Moderator: Gifted

Gifted

Lord Kazzak World Boss Raid

Post by Gifted » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:51 pm

I've been teasing the idea of a world boss attempt on Lord Kazzak during the week of the Thanksgiving holiday here in the states (Thursday, Nov 28th). If we stick with the traditional raid time of 18:00-21:00 server time I don't think we could do it on Thanksgiving because it would cut too close to dinner time and I don't want raiders to postpone family obligations.

I wanted to suggest we try scheduling something either the day before or after Thanksgiving in the hopes that enough players will have time off from school/work we might get a full raid. So if you're interested in attempting a world boss that week please post a reply here or talk to me in-game to give me a sense if either day will work for enough people to make an attempt.

So let me know what works for you:
  • Wednesday, November 27th
  • Friday, November 29th
This is a 40-man raid boss and since he's out in the game world and not inside an instance the raid scaling will not take effect. I would estimate we need at least 36 well-geared raiders to even have a shot at it. This isn't a 3-hour raid, it would only take about an hour or so to figure out if we can do it or not.

Here's a YouTube video on the Lord Kazzak fight that explains it pretty well. If you look at his loot table it contains some pretty unique gear and profession patterns including the Stronghold Gauntlets and the Lionheart Helm, both good for raid progression!

~Gifted

Pompa

Re: Lord Kazzak World Boss Raid

Post by Pompa » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Good luck!

Chlo

Post by Chlo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:12 pm

If there is enough interest, my preference would be the Friday.

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:18 am

i have 3 shadow resist rings and one mail chest for anyone interested in some SR gear
E.R.

Aurorae

Post by Aurorae » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Best of luck to the raid! I won't be able to make either day, but I'll be cheering y'all on :)

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:57 pm

I can't go on Wednesdays, but more than willing to go on a Friday. I suspect that even if we were to get Sunday's level of attendance we would have major troubles killing him.

That said, I'm more than willing to throw some consumables at it to try and get it down; I didn't think we would get Onyxia down when we did either so it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong!
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."