Thorium Brotherhood Rep Grind

Moderator: Gifted

Gifted

Thorium Brotherhood Rep Grind

Post by Gifted » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:45 pm

So, it's worth starting a discussion on how we as a raid/server want to handle Thorium Brotherhood reputation.

Why is Thorium Brotherhood Reputation important to raiding?

The Thorium Brotherhood sells a variety of craft-able gear and weapon patterns that are some BiS items for raiding. To see a list of what's available checkout Lokhtos Darkbringer. All of the +fire resist armor types are sold by him along with some really amazing pieces like the plans for Nightfall which gives a chance-on-hit to increase a mob's spell damage taken by 15% for a few seconds! The only way to purchase these items are with honored, revered, and exalted reputations with TB!

How do you get TB rep?

Here's a Guide on Thorium Brotherhood Reputation.

So what's the problem?

For the purposes of getting +fire resist gear we only need revered reputation. To get Nightfall we need exalted. In order to get from revered to exalted the only turn-ins are Dark Iron Ore (x10), Fiery Cores, Lava Cores, Core Leather (x2), & Blood of the Mountain.

My current inventory is:
At 200 rep per turn-in that's 14.4K worth of Thorium Brotherhood reputation! So it's starting to look like we might have enough to get to exalted before the end of the year! We had planned on feeding all the reputation to Athena, but he hasn't logged for raid in 3-4 weeks now, so we need to start looking for someone else.

An interesting proposition...

Because this is a low-pop server it will take us (the raid) a significant amount of time to farm enough mats to get a second person to revered/exalted. So whoever we boost TB rep for they'll only be able to craft 1, maybe 2 armor types for raids. But here's the thing, if that person were to drop 1 or both of their professions, they keep their TB rep!

I wanted to 'float' the idea that maybe someone would be willing to sacrifice their professions for TB rep! The idea would be that everyone else in the raid with gathering professions 'feed' our TB rep player so they can power-level professions as needed! For example, we'd start with Blacksmithing and have the goal of getting that player to specialize as an Axesmith. Then they could craft plate +fire resist as well as Nightfall. Then they can drop it for Leatherworking. We feed that player materials to power-level them and then craft leather/mail +fire resist gear. Then they drop it for tailoring. We feed that player cloth until they can craft the cloth +fire resist gear.

Anyways, the only big downside is for the person who gets the TB rep. They will have to be willing to drop 1 or both of their professions to power-level new ones as needed. That means they could never really collect unique patterns since they might have to drop a profession when the raid needs it. The up side is that they'll have around 20-40 active raiders feeding them materials for leveling and crafting items as needed. Hopefully raiders will recognize the sacrifice the TB rep person is making and tip them well for crafted items!

Let me know what you think?

Also, if you think you'd be willing to volunteer as tribute please reply with your current TB reputation. Provide both your current rank (neutral, friendly, honored, etc..) and current rep amount (e.g. 6500/12000).

~Gifted

Claboth

Re: Thorium Brotherhood Rep Grind

Post by Claboth » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Can we have an update on current stock on MC mats?
Sacredone, Tauren Druid.

Connelly

Post by Connelly » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Not my hill to die on, but remember that all that powerleveling also requires a lot of spare inventory space and time spent crafting all that is needed to skill up from whoever does it.

At exalted, the 2 most important recipes are Nightfall and DI Boots, both blacksmith. Why not just get your blacksmith + whatever to exalted, then get someone else with the other two professions to Revered and let them rep up to exalted naturally with time? Sure, now you have two players you have to worry about not login in, but you save some headaches with the redundancy of two specialized players instead of one do-it-all player.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:09 pm

An update isn't easy to do. We have materials spread around several crafters at this point. I'd take a look at the Crafted Raid Gear forum post and look at who can craft the TB rep items you want and contact them. If they don't have the mats needed we will find them.

~Gifted

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:34 am

Connelly wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:48 pm
At exalted, the 2 most important recipes are Nightfall and DI Boots, both blacksmith. Why not just get your blacksmith + whatever to exalted, then get someone else with the other two professions to Revered and let them rep up to exalted naturally with time? Sure, now you have two players you have to worry about not login in, but you save some headaches with the redundancy of two specialized players instead of one do-it-all player.
At this point we have an armorsmith, an axesmith, a tailor, a leatherworker, and an enchanter to revered/exalted with TB. If you're looking for something specific check the Crafted Raiding Gear forum post and send an in-game message to whoever can craft the item to find out about availability.

~Gifted

Chlo

Post by Chlo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:56 pm

Which leatherworker is revered/exalted? I'm assuming Greyfarn who hasn't logged recently to my knowledge.

The Corehound Belt which is lovely for healers requires revered Tribal LW. We were previously giving mats to Mystica's rogue, who also hasn't been online in couple of months. Sacredone is a Tribal LW and I think he is honored with TB but wouldn't like to speak for someone else.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Yeah, it's hard to track attrition.

Raiders come and go and the pandemic has altered a lot of lives/schedules. Most players who are on the Crafted Raiding Gear list tend to give someone else access to their account if they're leaving for an extended period of time. That's not always the case, but sometimes we still have access to their accounts.

If we need to boost another leatherworker due to demand we can do that. Just need to let us know there's a demand for something you want and we'll look into it...

~Gifted

Ezuba

Post by Ezuba » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:19 pm

I’m still very interested in seeing a swordsmith added to the server for blackguard. As Chlo said, mystica/silenthunter has been MIA since about a week after the raid had decided to boost them. I would really like to see someone willing to make the sacrifice of one of their professions to accomadate swordsmith and tribal LW get the next boost.

I have mats ready to donate to make as many blackguards as the raid needs if we get this recipe. It would also lesson the need for fury and rogues to take both a vis’kag and brutality blade so we can get those swords designated to MH only to get us all more prepared for the arms race we are stuck on.

-Astrld
Astrld — 60 Nightelf Rogue
Nachichi — 60 Nightelf Priest
Snapcaster — 60 Gnome Mage
Tazri — 60 Human Warrior
Rafiq — 59 Human Paladin

Claboth

Post by Claboth » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:25 pm

I'm tribal LW as I have posted on several threads and discord. Honored with TB. (you are correct, Chlo :))

My second profession is herbalism to supply mats for consumables.

I have an alt herbalist at level 44. As long as he isn't 60 i'm not dropping herbalism to pick up swordsmithing.

I hope you understand.

Sacredone.
Sacredone, Tauren Druid.