New Raid for the outlands

Moderator: Gifted

Diademuertos

New Raid for the outlands

Post by Diademuertos » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:15 pm

I've come up with a new Raid for the outlands that was never included in Retail called the Dungeons of the Black Citadel that I would like to submit for consideration

Raid summery

located underneath the Black citadel these shadowy tunnels were constructed to house lord Illidan's most dangerous enemies such as the Warden Maiev Shadowsong and the Brutal pit lord Magtheridon

the prison blocks are operated and heavily guarded by a detachment of Illidan's Naga who were Sent by lady Vashj to Safeguard the Tunnels and prisoners held within.

Rajah Haghazed serves as the warden of the dungeons

Bosses

Lady S'theno
Maiev Shadowsong
Magtheridon
Rajah Haghazed

Gheor

Re: New Raid for the outlands

Post by Gheor » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:26 pm

Why would we fight Maiev?
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Diademuertos

Post by Diademuertos » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:20 pm

Because of 3 reasons

1. Her Defeat, Capture and imprisonment by Illidan has caused her to go insane
2. She doesn't Trust the Alliance due to the fact that the Alliance allowed Tryande wisperwind to join it's ranks who she blames for illidan's escape
3. She also distrust the Horde because of cooperation with the Alliance and Tyrande wisperwind

4. All of these factors make her openly hostile to the players when they free her from her cell

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:57 am

Nelfs are immotal, Maiev is thousands of years old. If a professional error would make them insane, they would all be insane by now as nobody can make no mistake for thousands of years.

Sorry but I don't buy the retaily idea "all named characters must become raid bosses because we are too lazy to invent interesting new warcraft characters". Kael'Thas and Illidan as raid bosses were already a disappointment as they were sympathetic leaders from WC3 players now had to farm like boars. After that they did Garrosh, Jaina Proudmore (!), Sylvanas... they recycle their heroes into raid bosses because they have a peanut instead of a brain.

Let's be better than them by not doing that.
Main: Whitemare

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:02 am

Yeah sorry, I don't buy it.

Maiev should serve a greater purpose than a loot chest.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:31 am

Lahire wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:57 am
Nelfs are immotal, Maiev is thousands of years old. If a professional error would make them insane, they would all be insane by now as nobody can make no mistake for thousands of years.

Sorry but I don't buy the retaily idea "all named characters must become raid bosses because we are too lazy to invent interesting new warcraft characters". Kael'Thas and Illidan as raid bosses were already a disappointment as they were sympathetic leaders from WC3 players now had to farm like boars. After that they did Garrosh, Jaina Proudmore (!), Sylvanas... they recycle their heroes into raid bosses because they have a peanut instead of a brain.

Agree completely.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Shatterfury

Post by Shatterfury » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:13 pm

Lahire wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:57 am

Agreed, enough with transforming leaders into piñatas.
Oh, and the Night Elves gave up on their immortality to save Azeroth during the Battle for Mount Hyjal.