Nobody expects the surprise loot council!

Moderator: Gifted

Reito

Nobody expects the surprise loot council!

Post by Reito » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:53 am

Let me address the yesterday’s loot fun in the BWL.

Several times we have discussed the loot system for the MC, and even though not everyone is totally satisfied, we have a clear idea what to expect – that leads me to the main possible problem that I see with any loot system: Lack of transparency.

And yesterday, it was pretty tragic in this respect I dare to say. There was so many contradicting information about how the loot was to be distributed, that it had to be confusing for everyone. Just a quick overview, what I’ve heard various ppl said on discord or in chat: It’s based on the attendance, performance, how long do you progress, what item you would exchange, so that it’s fairly distributed amongst various guilds, if it’s for the “spirit classes”, that’s its BiS for certain class, and many others… And these criteria have changed during the raid. Various explanations were given on various item distribution.

Now tbh, I can’t care less about the items themselves, but I do care, about knowing what I can do next time to have a shot at what I would like to roll for, as I believe, that item distribution in one way or another reflects one’s contribution to the cause.

Is it the attendance? Is it the consumables? Is it the performance? Is it the “you were there for the first kill”? It’s all fine with me. And even saying that, I know nothing is objective. These criteria could be “Class leader decides” and I would gladly submit to this system as I respect Furryslayer a lot and believe him to make fair and informed decisions, because he actually checks how we perform.

What I don’t accept is that someone says is – this items goes here and there, and I have no idea what to do so that I have a shot next time. Should I up my performance? Should I farm some pre-bis? Should I attend even more? (I know I was there on the first Vael kill with the GMs giving us WBufs.)

Not having a shot on the item yesterday was bad not because I didn’t get the item, but because I felt as if someone was saying, you don’t contribute enough.

So, please, I beg you, set the rules straight, and don’t overcomplicate it. Just say, class leader decides and that’s it if you have to. Or say, the top DPS on the DPS benchmark boss decides. You can even say: Loot council decides based on what was reaveled to them in a dream (but than please don’t talk about performance or contribution)

Cause nobody expects and appreciates the surprise loot council confusion.
Faustus angry_turtle

Xerron

Re: Nobody expects the surprise loot council!

Post by Xerron » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:35 pm

Clearer rules will be posted before next BWL Raid.
Thank you for your feedback.
E.R.