Legend Has It...

Moderator: Gifted

Gifted

Legend Has It...

Post by Gifted » Sat May 16, 2020 10:20 am

Back when I played the retail version of World of Warcraft there was a guild on my server called the <Booty Bay Yacht Club>. It's always stuck with me as one of the more clever guild names that I've seen over the years. I like how they integrated something from the virtual world into their guild name. It's like it made them a part of the world too!

A couple of years ago, on another low population private server (before Turtle WoW) I met a kind dwarf who wanted to start a guild with me. I don't remember why we wanted to start a guild other than we felt like we needed to have one. Talking to the dwarf, and being a home brewer in real life, I thought, 'Why not start a brewery?' So I did a quick search of all the alcoholic beverages available in vanilla WoW and discovered Thunder Ale! Why had I not heard of this stuff before?!? What's that? Try playing a dwarf you say? Ah, yes, right, right...

And that my friends, is the story of how the <Thunder Ale Brewing Co> got it's name!

I'm going to be taking a break from World of Warcraft for a while. Relax, it's not a break from Turtle WoW. I do hope to listen to you guys wipe to Nefarion over Discord a couple of times. But I think I need to take a break from playing the game itself for a while and try some new things.

Be kind to one another while I'm gone =)

~Gifted

Pfwg

Re: Legend Has It...

Post by Pfwg » Sat May 16, 2020 1:52 pm

Hope you enjoy your time off, Gifted :)
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Chlo

Re: Legend Has It...

Post by Chlo » Sat May 16, 2020 2:03 pm

I like that lovely back story :)

Take care and enjoy your time off x

Torta