What roles in dungeons/raids are needed most

Scaryn

What roles in dungeons/raids are needed most

Post by Scaryn » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:05 pm

Hello there, new TurtleWow player here. I was wondering what roles in dungeons are most needed? To be honest, I am not healer guy, more like DPS. My plan is play as Warlock or Rogue, because I love doing dmg and for rogue, I love sneaky sneaky gameplay. But on the other hand I question myself and think, if this server need more tanks for low and mid lvl dungeons, so I can provide good protection for other people and give them a chance to even start one of these early and mid dungeons.

Razzz

Re: What roles in dungeons/raids are needed most

Post by Razzz » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:05 pm

Tanks tanks tanks!
Ohhh my god we need tanks!
I mean, I could try tanking I GUESS, but I don't wanna so I'ma make other people do it. :<
Anyways, I'm unsure on the pros and cons of rogues other than their CC abilities are likely very welcomed, but I can vouch for warlocks being loved for their summoning spell.
Since we have Looking For Turtles (LFT) we're able to join parties for dungeons, but we aren't teleported to the dungeon like in retail, so having a warlock is extremely useful.
That, and soul stone. <3
NOPE. dead_turtle_head

Augustfenix85

Post by Augustfenix85 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:04 am

Rogue tank :) haha

I tanked RFC as my rogue. But to be fair I was over leveled(21 I think). But there are guides for it
Duvall 60 Hunter
Velissa 35 Priest
Calmore 60 Shaman Tank
Malcore 45 Warlock
Splodax 28 Rogue
Ghostbc 40 Paladin
Hanami 60 Druid
Reidobosu 34 Warrior

Beefus

Post by Beefus » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:07 pm

This is just a personal preference thing:
I hate runners. So much. I hate that flee A.I. was added to games in the way it was, where an entire race is compelled to attack you but also to run away when they're exactly a certain health percentage.
Sure, a rogue could use crippling poison, and it might work when you really need it.
I'd rather see a warlock using Curse of Recklessness on every pull to make sure the thing you're fighting doesn't run and pull half of the Stockades on your team.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:15 pm

Beefus wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:07 pm
This is just a personal preference thing:
I hate runners. So much. I hate that flee A.I. was added to games in the way it was, where an entire race is compelled to attack you but also to run away when they're exactly a certain health percentage.
Sure, a rogue could use crippling poison, and it might work when you really need it.
I'd rather see a warlock using Curse of Recklessness on every pull to make sure the thing you're fighting doesn't run and pull half of the Stockades on your team.
pro tip: runners on TWOW always run in oposite direction they're facing, so you can position yourself so the runner is gonna run to a desired direction

Scaryn

Post by Scaryn » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:03 pm

Rogue as tank? A saw a few guides but right now I am not sure, if this is troll or legit build. Anyway is settled, lets go get some damage and hope, that my healer will do his job :D