Smite Priest Levelling Guide

Nymdorl

Re: Smite Priest Levelling Guide

Post by Nymdorl » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:30 am

really how are your mobs able to take the most of your power word pain????do you not upgrade your stuff?

iv leveled pries with out ever using wands and i still can not understand this

Aykhanchik

Post by Aykhanchik » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:42 am

Enchanting wands are only relevant on early levels. Acquisition of good wands later on gets significantly harder since most of them are either dungeon drops/dungeons quests or rare world drops.
Once again, you might be the best and most efficient priest leveler out there, but I'm giving people a foundation on what levelling as smite priest is. They are free to do any further changes/improvements themselves
Zarathushtra - Priest

There are no cows in the water.

Lucifael

Post by Lucifael » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:08 pm

So is shadow bad? I have an undead priest whereupon shadow would fit just fine but I don’t want leveling to be awful.

Mollyscoid

Post by Mollyscoid » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:50 pm

I'm curious by what metric you are calling this 'best', you stated it wasn't for leveling speed and have gone to call it more effective than shadow leveling prior to proposed shadow changes for turtle. I would posit shadow as more efficient than smite leveling , especially in the 40+ range. The only tangible benefit over shadow is that you are grabbing things that are also beneficial for healing with a smite priest making you a more effective healer when you need to either off-heal or begrudgingly go to a dungeon as healer rather than DPS, for solo leveling though Shadow running 5 points in Disc for wand is going to be better and while they aren't the best healers for dungeon content in comparison to those with a lot more points in holy/disc they are perfectly serviceable for everything except the last fight in strat UD as far as dungeon content goes (and if you're playing efficiently can actually put out great damage while still healing through vamp embrace making dungeons faster until heals are strictly needed for certain fights/bad pulls)

Aykhanchik

Post by Aykhanchik » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:26 am

Shadow definitely picks up later (at around lvl 40+ as you stated) and they are incredible world PVPers, BUT, world pvp is not really a thing here and shadow is worse that holy levelling both damage and healing wise.
Mind Flay has ticks, you lose em if you get hit = you lose damage = you lose mana.
You apply PW: Shield before Mind Flay to prevent spell pushback = you waste more mana
You drop Shadowform to heal yourself and then put it back on = you waste more mana
Holy damaging spells are more mana efficient, especially Holy Fire, they are instant hit and are heavy hitters.

Shadow is by no means bad, but when levelling as a regular wand spec (which you should), going holy way is simply much more efficient and gives you more flexibility since you can dps and heal in dungeons.
Zarathushtra - Priest

Aykhanchik

Post by Aykhanchik » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:33 am

Lucifael wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:08 pm
So is shadow bad? I have an undead priest whereupon shadow would fit just fine but I don’t want leveling to be awful.
It's not awful, just not as efficient. Plenty of people who leveled as shadows through the history of vanilla and classic, so go ahead and level one if you want)
Zarathushtra - Priest

Coldeyed

Post by Coldeyed » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:57 am

Hello everyone! Sorry for my english, but i want to outspeak my thoughts.

I am not skilled Priest, but few things in topic misunderstood me. Why 25 percentage of damage wand its greatest talent on start? 25% is like one attack less then need to finish mob. I think wands is more situationally instrument, when u fu**ed up and pull with low mana or just havent enough mana for kill, and last hitting fleeing mob. If u cast HF->Sm->MB then wand, u need about 3-5 attack to kill, and in that time u mana regenerate(after 5 second rule ofc). With talant u need 3-4 attacks in same situaton but time to regenerate less and if next mob somewhere in you cast range, u need to wait to restore mana. Otherwise, if mobs pretty far from each other, u can use SWP in u rotation, mana will have time to regenerate for next pull.

Alternative we have talent that gives 5 percentage holy crit that significant increase outcoming damage sometimes in same rotation, and do better damage than 25% wand talent. Its sometimes, but our outgoing healling crit too, thats may help in dungeons and party gameplay. Plus on next row we already have 0.5 sec less cast HF and Sm than useful too. And this talents always work good, but for wand spec u need good wand.

And now, we lasts Spirit tap, that i think opposed to wand spec. With Spirit tap u can cast more, and u mana regenerate faster than without talent, but with wand spec u want to do more wand than skills and u mana always high. Yea, Spirit tap have some synergy with row 5 Holy talent Spiritual Guidance, but only chain kills, and later. In 10-19 spirit tap efficient, u can just smite and dont stop. Its like more efficient than wand spec in chain killing.

I think if u love casts not wand u need Holy spec for 5 percentage crit and spirit tap for good mana regen and chain killing. But if u wandlover and upgrade u wand always as possible u need take this talent earlier. Or if u want somewhat from row 2 discipline fast that possible, wand spec your choice.

Maybe i miss something in this game or this class, and dont understood something, lost some logic or cant imagine how things works, please correct me and explain, thanks.

Aykhanchik

Post by Aykhanchik » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:25 pm

Wands are extremely powerful for priests and are a huge part of both your DPS and sustain. As you level up, you'll rely more on spells, but even then, you cast a bunch of spells and finish a mob off with a wand sequence.

If you dumb this build down, Wand Specialization and Spirit Tap are the only must have talents to have. Everything can be tailored according to your preference and playstyle, but not taking these two talents means making things harder for yourself.
Zarathushtra - Priest

Mekunekud

Post by Mekunekud » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:24 pm

Dumb question.
Does the quiver trick work on Turtle WoW? An old, but powerful. gimmick was that wands were buffed directly by quivers so a priest using a quiver got a 10% haste buff on wands, making them even stronger than they are thanks to the 25% damage from talents.
Worked on every class ofc but it was primarily priests that benefited.

Aykhanchik

Post by Aykhanchik » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:12 pm

Mekunekud wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:24 pm
Dumb question.
Does the quiver trick work on Turtle WoW? An old, but powerful. gimmick was that wands were buffed directly by quivers so a priest using a quiver got a 10% haste buff on wands, making them even stronger than they are thanks to the 25% damage from talents.
Worked on every class ofc but it was primarily priests that benefited.
From what I know, no, quivers don't affect wand speed
Zarathushtra - Priest

Kiersteadmo

Post by Kiersteadmo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:23 pm

Turtle wow database shows the quiver add 10% to 15% ranged attack speed. I will log on and check to see if it works

Kiersteadmo

Post by Kiersteadmo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:28 pm

Ok i replaced a bag slot and testing now

Kiersteadmo

Post by Kiersteadmo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:36 pm

Did not change but it should, so it may not be working for any ranged attacks for any class

Sem3223

Post by Sem3223 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:35 pm

Thanks for the great guide. I enjoyed reading it and it was written quite professionally. However, when it comes to writing professional academic content, it is best to seek help from a professional service that can wrote that essay https://academized.com/writing-services/write-my-essay and which I have been using for several months now. It helps me get expert content without grammatical errors. This is an excellent option for every schoolchild and student who has difficulty completing such educational tasks.

Steelgrip

Post by Steelgrip » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:44 pm

Only PvP build that makes sense to me is:

https://talents.turtle-wow.org/priest/U2K8IH56-0WVICC

Steelgrip

Post by Steelgrip » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:45 pm

Ortogs

Post by Ortogs » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:48 am

Aykhanchik wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:26 am
Shadow definitely picks up later (at around lvl 40+ as you stated) and they are incredible world PVPers, BUT, world pvp is not really a thing here and shadow is worse that holy levelling both damage and healing wise.
Mind Flay has ticks, you lose em if you get hit = you lose damage = you lose mana.
You apply PW: Shield before Mind Flay to prevent spell pushback = you waste more mana
You drop Shadowform to heal yourself and then put it back on = you waste more mana
Holy damaging spells are more mana efficient, especially Holy Fire, they are instant hit and are heavy hitters.

Shadow is by no means bad, but when levelling as a regular wand spec (which you should), going holy way is simply much more efficient and gives you more flexibility since you can dps and heal in dungeons.
Gonna politely disagree here. Up to 40 shadow is more efficient.

Spirit tap is key, and if leveling disc or holy, your first 5 points will be in this.

After that you can get 10% hit which is about the best talent you can pick up for mana efficiency as well as making sure clutch spells land like psychic scream, MC and Mind Soothe.

Then 2 points in swp for the most efficient dot in the game.

Shadow weaving, fear reduction, range increases, cc reduction… the list goes on.

############

Smite has far worse scaling than Mindblast and mindflay.

Holy also means you are doing your first 5 points in shadow, delaying everything by 5 levels, and 10 if you go into wand spec early…

Not trying to knock holy, i leveled Disc first then some in holy and i do like it, but it is far inferrior for taking down mobs. But it is good if you want to have an easier time of switching to dungeon healing while you level.

######

Last thing i will add is that EVERY priest rotation should be mindblast or Holy fire as a starter, SW:P, mindflay or smite, then WAND (you may need an extra mind last or smite depending on mob level, hp, or other issue). The wand with swp ticking lets you get out of the five second rule and is amazing for mp regen.