[Hunter] Beast o' Melee Hunter (13/0/38)

Yutilk

Re: [Hunter] Beast o' Melee Hunter (13/0/38)

Post by Yutilk » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:24 am

Raukodor wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:43 pm
Traps dont scale with sp at all

Wich scales with sp for a melee hunter are

Dragonbreath chili
Shadow oil
Lifestealing weapons (wraith scythe snd hakkari manslayer)
I just want to point out that there's a difference between an SP Melee Hunter and a Physical Melee Hunter. A Physical Melee Hunter will have very little to no SP. And naturally, a Physical Melee Hunter will cause more DPS.

If you have more questions, let me know. I'm probably the most well informed person about Melee Hunter.

P.S. There's also Zulian Slicer (ZG) which scales with SP and will be your main conduit of damage alongside Shadow Oil.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:16 am

Well now.im playing a phisical.melee Hunter and have some questions

Counterattak. Feel pretty crappy. Does minimal.damage. and for "root" i have improved wingclip

Wyvern sting. Dont seem worth for me.

Lightnight reflexes?. I have read only worth with raid gear

My current build have more talents in bm than survival (31/0/19)
About gear. Should i go for agility first or +dodge?

Weapons. Dual vs 2hander. My build relies in fast autoattacks and spam wingclip for maelstrom procs.(and weapom procs)

Weapons: axe of deep woods and flurry axe. Good combination? (Slow main hand with good proc and fast offhand with eztta attack proc)

Is good go for "chance on hit" weapons? Or better go just for rhe best dps/stats weapons?
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:18 am

I usuaally play solo so is a build for survavility

U took improved wingclip? Is useful to.me to kill tough elites

And clever traps seem.a good upgrade
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Djijin

Post by Djijin » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:00 pm

I leveled something similar back on some previous private server, but I prefer surv/MM.

I don't actually believe in the melee hunter. It's a hybrid build. When Counterstrike goes off (it's a crap melee skill for damage alone) it roots the target for 5 seconds. Why have MM talents? Because 5 seconds allows you to jump back and Aim Shot the rooted target in the face.

Survival is a skirmish tree. It's power comes from melee kiting with ranged mixed in. It will always be higher dps than pure melee and you avoid more damage. You still want all aggro, you just don't pretend you're a melee fighter, which hunter should never actually be outside of a gimmick.

Moggyfind

Post by Moggyfind » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:47 pm

Played this build in tbc classic, and loved it! Best moment was fully tanking the staircase in ZF, felt really really good! Decided to do it again here. Those big crits I get feels absolutely amazing happy_turtle_head