Survival Skill

Walters

Re: Survival Skill

Post by Walters » Fri May 31, 2019 10:15 pm

Torta wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:58 pm
My poor little turtle!
Now I have added the server-wide announcement about Survival next to the annoying PvP Week spam ;)

I also suggest that you join our Discord, just to make sure you don't miss anything important: https://discord.gg/mBGxmHy
I can bet there is still nothing in your announcement about what that tent actually does.
Your description: The tent lasts 20 minutes and gives you a resting bonus while you’re inside.
What it actually does: The tent gives you HALF of rested cap only IN FEW MINUTES, so it can be easily used/abused to gain infinite rested bonus (say hello to hardcore mode)

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Fri May 31, 2019 11:01 pm

Walters wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:15 pm
Torta wrote:
My poor little turtle!
Now I have added the server-wide announcement about Survival next to the annoying PvP Week spam ;)

I also suggest that you join our Discord, just to make sure you don't miss anything important: https://discord.gg/mBGxmHy
I can bet there is still nothing in your announcement about what that tent actually does.
Your description: The tent lasts 20 minutes and gives you a resting bonus while you’re inside.
What it actually does: The tent gives you HALF of rested cap only IN FEW MINUTES, so it can be easily used/abused to gain infinite rested bonus (say hello to hardcore mode)
"The tent lasts 20 minutes and gives you a resting bonus while you’re inside." perfectly describes the behavior of the tent, no more details are needed. It has 90 minutes of CD. We are open to any constructive and polite suggestion about how to improve / balance it.

We are studying to reduce the rested gaining though, news about this will take place the next week! smiling_turtle_head
Turtle developer.

If you love us, vote for us!

Walters

Post by Walters » Fri May 31, 2019 11:46 pm

Pompa wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:01 pm
Walters wrote:
Torta wrote:
My poor little turtle!

"The tent lasts 20 minutes and gives you a resting bonus while you’re inside." perfectly describes the behavior of the tent, no more details are needed. It has 90 minutes of CD. We are open to any constructive and polite suggestion about how to improve / balance it.

We are studying to reduce the rested gaining though, news about this will take place the next week! smiling_turtle_head
By "gaining rested bonus" people usually assume being in tavern/city.
20 mins in tavern - hardly half of exp "cell"
20 mins in tent - HALF of rested cap (10+ cells)!!!
Yeah, you are right. Perfect describtion. Especially for people on hardcore.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:07 am

Walters wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:46 pm
Pompa wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:01 pm
Walters wrote:

By "gaining rested bonus" people usually assume being in tavern/city.
20 mins in tavern - hardly half of exp "cell"
20 mins in tent - HALF of rested cap (10+ cells)!!!
Yeah, you are right. Perfect describtion. Especially for people on hardcore.
As I said we are already discussing to reduce the bonus it gives. We'll think about how to describe better its behavior, thanks for your suggestions! turtle_tongue_head
Turtle developer.

Lothradis

Post by Lothradis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:24 am

Not fair to Shaman and water walking. I love standing off shore and fishing. Now ANYONE can do it! My shaman votes no. My other characters think this is a great idea.

Crinos

Post by Crinos » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:48 pm

Is this a new proffesion or just like fishing, cooking, etc?
Can I have this and my other 2 professions? Thanks!

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:00 pm

It's a secondary profession, yes. You can have it and keep the others you have!
Turtle developer.

Crinos

Post by Crinos » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:01 am

Great!! Thank you very much!

Bazou

Post by Bazou » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:15 pm

Silly question: Could a horde speak to S. J. Erlgadin of Nesingwary's Expedition to get his/her intensive training in Survival? hiding_smth_turtle_head

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:31 pm

Yes :) He's friendly guy.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:35 pm

I posted a Survival Skill Leveling Guide in the forums to help new players!

~Gifted

Maruko

Post by Maruko » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:49 pm

I love this feature and I love all the work behind SoT updates.
My question is - what's next? Current Survival Skill cap is 150. Will there be more Recipes in the future?

Sorry for necroposting.