Glyphs

Korkis

Re: Glyphs

Post by Korkis » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:11 am

Arraya wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:01 am
Glyph of the Shapeless: Your Moonkin form will now appear as your caster form.
Great idea!
Also, maybe some bolder bear form modification? After some tanking with a warrior, it's hard to tank as a bear, when the problem is to see enemies and not your wide rear.
Maybe a scorpid would do? Is armored, has claws.

For travelling form, would it be possible to make something flying? Ideally an owl. There's a bat illusion model for Halloween that actually has flying animation, so maybe an owl is possible too.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:47 pm

Some news for Druids!

Glyph of Stars: Your Moonkin Form now appears as Astral Form, conferring all the same benefits, but appearing as an astrally enhanced version of your normal humanoid form.

Dannydeditto

Re: Glyphs: Druid Forms

Post by Dannydeditto » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:51 am

Kazgrim wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:22 am
Some ideas:

Warlocks: Different skins for pets.

Imps: Grells, Skeletal mage
Voidwalker: Felguard, Skeletal warrior
Succubus: Satyr, Banshee
Felhunter: Shade, Spectre Ghost
Amazing i was about to say the same thing, correct me if i'm wrong but warlocks were originaly necromancers, it'd be awesome to bring us back to our roots, seconding this!

Trangoul

Post by Trangoul » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:02 pm

Kazgrim wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:22 am
Some ideas:

Warlocks: Different skins for pets.

Imps: Grells, Skeletal mage
Voidwalker: Felguard, Skeletal warrior
Succubus: Satyr, Banshee
Felhunter: Shade, Spectre Ghost
Here are more inspirations. Some of them are unavailable, since we're on Vanilla, though.

Snowwolf

Post by Snowwolf » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:45 am

So... at risk of sounding overly on brand... Has anyone considered a Glyph that replaces a druid's bear form with a big turtley thing? smiling_turtle

Perhaps something like Ghamoo-ra or Kresh? turtle_tongue_head

(I know druids already have a lot of glyphs..... but druid is my favorite class and I want to be able to turn into everything. turtle_in_love_head )

Let's see about some other glyph ideas...

Warrior

Red rage: your character glows red when you have a lot of rage? (or.. all the time?) I'm thinking about how shadow priest have a purple glow to them. I bet there must be an effect like that somewhere.

Paladin

Holy light: Your character glows lightly with holy light. Subtly, of course. maybe a glowy mist effect. I feel like I saw something on wailing caverns

hunter

smol pet - He's a good boy, but make them a bit smaller.

Permanent pet - Your pet always looks the same. it doesn't matter if they're a cat, a crocolisk or a hyena, they always look like THIS pet. Shouldn't work in pvp, of course. I have no idea how plausible this is, since it would probably need custom creation for each Glyph, as well as rules about what the pet can look like, etc... but... I always felt sad that I sometimes had to leave my starter pet behind. Now Midnight can come with you, even if Midnight is ACTUALLY an alligator

Rogue

Shadow stealth - the rogue's stealthed appearance is the same as a shadow priest.

Ami

Post by Ami » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:35 am

What about a glyph for Rogue poisons to apply weapon enchant glows based on the poison. Green=Crippling, Red=Deadly, Blue=Mind Numbing, Yellow=Wound

Another glyph idea, although I'm not totally sure how possible it is, was to allow the choosing of your stealth animation fom any other rogue race. Meaning I could choose to have the Undead stealth animation as I stealth on a Troll or Orc.

Leftmousebutton

Post by Leftmousebutton » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:24 pm

WARRIOR
Glyph of the Champion: Gives you a visual effect of either a Horde or Alliance banner on your back.
Glyph of the Blademaster: Gives you a visual effect of a Burning Blade banner on your back (Scarlet Crusade for Alliance, since Herod is kind of a "blademaster" of sorts?).
Glyph of the Barbarian: Sets your chest, shoulders, wrists and gloves to be invisible.
Glyph of the Duelist: Hides your shield and sets your block animations to block with your main hand weapon.

ROGUE
Glyph of the Fencer: Hides your off-hand weapon and sets all animations to use your main hand weapon.
Glyph of the Sidearm: Sets your shoot abilities to use a scaled down version of your gun or crossbow as a one-handed firearm (may require custom animations).
Glyph of Shadow Strike: Gives your throwing weapons a shadowy enchant and afflicts targets of your Throw ability with a (purely visual) shadowy debuff.
Glyph of Phantasmal Stealth: Transforms you into a shade (or wisp, for Night Elf/Tauren?) whilst in stealth.

MAGE
Glyph of Bitter Cold: Sets your basic fire spells to use more frost-oriented visuals.
Glyph of Scorching Flame: Sets your basic frost spells to use more fire-oriented visuals.
Glyph of the Shadowmage: Sets your basic arcane spell to use more shadowy visuals.
Glyph of the Necromancer: Changes your Water Elemental into a Skeletal Frost Mage.

HUNTER
Glyph of the Mechanical Guardian: Changes your active pet into a Harvest Golem (or a Crowd Pummeler if Gnome/Goblin). Pet functions identically to active pet.
Glyph of the Mechanimal: Changes your active pet into a Mechanical Chicken. Special: If your active pet is a gorilla, it changes into a mechanical gorilla instead. Pet functions identically to active pet.

Will throw out some more ideas later, but these were all the ones I had at the top of my head. Also throwing my support in for some of the previously mentioned ideas, like necromantic warlock summons and shadow stealth!