Online Quest & Item Creator

Aubury

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Aubury » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:35 pm

Moriena wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:05 am
Hello everyone!

I've been working on a questline involving the unused night elf NPC Sentinel Keldara Sunblade in the Haldarr Encampment in Azshara - she has (presumably) a sister in Darnassus' Temple of the Moon, who also serves no purpose atm.

The questline follows Dalia's request of the adventurer to look after Keldara, as she left to Ashenvale on an investigation of sentinel abductions, which ultimately lead to Azshara. There the player meet with Captain Arrowsong (custom NPC) and find Keldara's body for her, finding out that her soul has been taken. Captain Arrowsong tells the player to look for clues in Keldara's journal and with that, they are able to find a wounded satyr - the reason for her actions. The satyr Xanarem (custom NPC) is someone who knows Dalia and Keldara from even before the Sundering - not being able to avenge her himself, he requests assistance of the adventurer to retrieve the souls of the satyr victims off of Master Ol'vrir (custom NPC enemy) and eventually, save them in the process.

I tried my best to work around with the dev creation tool, but I do not have enough experience with it, so instead of half-heartedly scrambling something together, I wrote a document containing all information, questtext, NPC spreadsheets and rewards.

Azshara questline: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PtC ... sp=sharing

smiling_turtle_head
What a lovely quest chain. I hope it gets implemented, so we can experience the story to the full extent.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:21 pm

I had a silly little idea for a quest, but I haven't quite got the utilities down. I tried my best.

The general idea was that somewhere out in the world would be an invisible NPC with a large and meandering patrol route. If you find them, you will see that they are Breeze Shadowhoof, a female Tauren with the Rogue class, and appropriate gear. Talking to her, you'd get the dialogue; "Wait...you are talking to ME? You SAW me?"

And they would have an available quest; There are no Tauren rogues (Link)

In addition to the small amount of faction rep and experience, the player would get a Satchel of Coins. In addition to random gold, the Satchel of Coins would also give the player a Mysterious Satchel.

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:04 pm

Kefke wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:21 pm
I had a silly little idea for a quest, but I haven't quite got the utilities down. I tried my best.

The general idea was that somewhere out in the world would be an invisible NPC with a large and meandering patrol route. If you find them, you will see that they are Breeze Shadowhoof, a female Tauren with the Rogue class, and appropriate gear. Talking to her, you'd get the dialogue; "Wait...you are talking to ME? You SAW me?"

And they would have an available quest; There are no Tauren rogues (Link)

In addition to the small amount of faction rep and experience, the player would get a Satchel of Coins. In addition to random gold, the Satchel of Coins would also give the player a Mysterious Satchel.
That's a great quest idea, and the sort of thing that fits in well on this server.