Online Quest & Item Creator

Torta

Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Torta » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:15 pm

Hello, young turtle developers,

Our web-development turtle Xerron's created an online DB Tool which generates queries compatible with Turtle WoW and VMaNGoS world database structures.

Create new amazing items or quests, use it on your local playground or share them with you friends.

https://dev.turtle-wow.org

Quest Contest:

Create an quest for your favorite location and share the link in this thread. We will pick the most interesting ones and add them to the game! The quest should be lore appropriate and story should fit to the game lore and do not conflict with the existing stories.

Please contact Xerron#0246 in our Discord if you have questions.

Developer note: please don't use special characters ( üöä, /, —, etc) in the editor, it will bug out your save.

Qixel

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator [Contest]

Post by Qixel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:25 pm

I made a high level shaman quest chain. I couldn't figure out how to make a quest starting item, or how to determine quest ids for the quests, so I hope you'll forgive me the incompletion.

A Softly Glowing Shard begins from [A Softly Glowing Shard], which would have a very low chance to drop from various 55+ enemies.

Completing that quest leads you to A Test of Strength, in which the shaman must dispatch three high level enemies.

After doing so, you recieve the raid quest, Punish the Firelord's Betrayal. I had always thought it kind of dumb that half of the bosses of Molten Core had a quest to kill them, but the other half did not, which inspired this quest. The objective is to kill Magmadar, Garr, Baron Geddon, and Golemagg. Upon completion, you receive a totem, the [Wind-Kissed Shard]

Finally, you recieve a quest to slay Ragnaros himself, The Firelord's Fall. Upon completion, the shaman recieves [Stormfrenzy, Vengeful Glaive of the Windlord]

Ultratronger

Post by Ultratronger » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:19 pm

If I wasn't so incompetent I'd like to make a post Naxx quest chain that leads into Karazhan, the Caverns of Time and finally, a way to open the Dark Portal and enter Outland, that would go extremely well with all the other stuff added in the server, since that *was* planned in vanilla, as you can see by checking the Black Morass map from the beta, and the actual Outland map from the beta aswell, also in the Collector's Edition CD, a dev said that there would be content not accesible at release, then he started talking about opening the dark portal, but yeah, that would take a loooooooong time

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:44 am

Qixel wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:25 pm
I couldn't figure out how to make a quest starting item, or how to determine quest ids for the quests, so I hope you'll forgive me the incompletion.
Items have start_quest field, this needs to be the same id as quest's entry field. Any entry over 15000 is safe to use.
E.R.

Madcookie

Post by Madcookie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:08 pm

After spending a few hours learning the whole thing, I was badly surprised that the links to the individual quests don't get saved properly. (eg end quest text is displayed as desription in the linked quest, missing titles etc). So what should I do now? Post the whole thing as SQL code in a spoiler section that cant be edited as easily or something else?

P.S. I'm editing 3 quests (they are a chain) simultaneously into 3 subfiles (save to browser thingy) is that the reason the saves go bad?

P.P.S. The quest also requires 2 custom humanoid NPCs and 2 objects in the world (a sing post and a statue) to become interactable? Is that even possible or I should rewrite the whole thing?
Madcookie - lvl 54 mage (A)
Coltaine - lvl 38 rogue (A)
Feldon - lvl 57 Druid (H)
Faldin - lvl 16 Hunter (A)

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:58 pm

Madcookie wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:08 pm
After spending a few hours learning the whole thing, I was badly surprised that the links to the individual quests don't get saved properly. (eg end quest text is displayed as desription in the linked quest, missing titles etc). So what should I do now? Post the whole thing as SQL code in a spoiler section that cant be edited as easily or something else?

P.S. I'm editing 3 quests (they are a chain) simultaneously into 3 subfiles (save to browser thingy) is that the reason the saves go bad?

P.P.S. The quest also requires 2 custom humanoid NPCs and 2 objects in the world (a sing post and a statue) to become interactable? Is that even possible or I should rewrite the whole thing?
Hey,

Sorry for your saving inconvenience.
I did some quick saving tests and my quest title/details/description loaded right from browser.
Saving to browser uses quest title as a main quest identifier, since it's a chain, did you use different names ?

For the future, to be sure that your quest loads right, save your url in a local text file when you're done editing, but do mind that it changes based on the fields you edit

Custom npcs are possible, we're working on a npc creator as well.

Also, if you don't want to start over or from your 'bad' save, pm me the sql query and i can send you a url to continue editing.
E.R.

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:11 pm

Xerron wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:58 pm
Madcookie wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:08 pm

Hey,

Sorry for your saving inconvenience.
I did some quick saving tests and my quest title/details/description loaded right from browser.
Saving to browser uses quest title as a main quest identifier, since it's a chain, did you use different names ?

For the future, to be sure that your quest loads right, save your url in a local text file when you're done editing, but do mind that it changes based on the fields you edit

Custom npcs are possible, we're working on a npc creator as well.

Also, if you don't want to start over or from your 'bad' save, pm me the sql query and i can send you a url to continue editing.
For others who might encounter this problem, don't use special characters (— especially) in title, description, or any other text fields.
E.R.

Chilltools

Post by Chilltools » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:14 am

Hi I could not for the life of me get rid of the Quest box that is in the way of things.

But Please forgive me if I type out some ideas

1) A helping hand indeed
Aimed at getting higher level Characters helping others in low dungeons. Would need at least 2 others at the dungeon level and have the dungeon gray to you. Reward would be some exp and perhaps a chest or box (with a long cooldown). Can't have people abusing it.

2) A level 30 ish quest set in south shore killing the yetti there 20 would do. Part 2 would be to go into the Orge caves and get parts of a missing trinket. The trinket reward would have to be balanced for the level and not sure if making new trinkets are possible or not on the cards at this moment. Would like a life steal reward of some kind but up to you.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Up.

Al3x540

Post by Al3x540 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:19 pm

how about a pvp trinket that works like the argent Dawn commission allowing you to collect warsong, ab, or alterac marks after killing an honorable target. Three trinkets total, with no use or stats just a loot option off a corpse . Maybe a quest to turn in a arena master for it.

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Force Staff

Its exactly what it sounds like
E.R.

Qixel

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Qixel » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:41 am

Was feeling nostalgic (likely a side effect of beating Rag), so I made this quest.

Help A Gnome Out is obtained from a silly little gnome in Gadgetzan. She wants you to help her with collecting bloodpetal sprouts from the un'goro crater, and will pay for the assistance in gold and pizza bottles (burritos).

Story behind the quest (spoilered because it's unimportant and potentially sad?)
My mom was the one who got me into WoW. She was playing MMOs since before Everquest launched, but WoW was the first time I got to play alongside her. I have a lot of fond memories watching from behind her while she raided with her guild, and her main raiding character was Reas, the gnome rogue.

The two big things to know about mom in regards to this quest: She had no qualms hiring children to get things for her (This quest is a direct reference to when she had me farm bloodpetal sprouts for her when she was too busy so she could get the recipe for the Elixir of Brute Force, in fact. She ended up getting it herself in the end. xD), and she had trouble calling things by their proper names. Gadgetron was the big one in Vanilla, and Burning Crusade had Shatner City in Terracotta Forest. It's been a long time since she played and I don't remember if there was a mom-ism for Un'goro, so I called it something that sounded right for her. 'Pizza bottles' was what she called burritos literally one time, and no one in the family ever let her live it down; first of all because it's so completely wrong, and secondly because it's hilarious.

Double spoilered because it's def sad territory now
She passed away unexpectedly last year. I came back to Turtle at a low point because I wanted to recapture the feeling I had exploring Azeroth with her all those years ago. When I did, I never would have expected to be raiding, much less participating in the server first kill of Ragnaros. I wish I could tell her about it, say I made it, too. If you've read this far, I apologize for being sappy and shit, but I double spoilered it. This is on you. If you still have your mom, let her know you care. Call her up. Don't put it off. You never know how much time you have.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:52 am

Qixel, the quest will be in game starting next Wednesday.

Kalocsa

Post by Kalocsa » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:07 pm

Last edited by Kalocsa on Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:03 am, edited 21 times in total.
"Even the biggest mouth clam on a thread, can enclose a goldern pearl."

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:22 pm

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ==

"Allows for acquisition of Scourgestones on behalf of the Scarlet Crusade."
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Arraya

Post by Arraya » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:06 am

I got inspired and made this one, sadly there is no NPC Maker yet, so the Janira NPC doesn't exist.

"A group of Sentinels has been attempting to drive the Naga away from the Ruins of Solarsal, a Sea Witch called Lady Janira has been a thorn on their side, rallying the Myrmidons and Sirens." https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... F4IjoxMH1d
Rewards:
https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd (Nature's Embrace displayID for the Robe)

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:28 pm

Arraya, thank you for you contributions :) Your quests will make it in game in January!

Arraya

Post by Arraya » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:53 am

Torta wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:28 pm
Arraya, thank you for you contributions :) Your quests will make it in game in January!
That's awesome! I have some more planned, so I will post them over time.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:03 pm

Finally some decent plausible lore related quests.

satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Gex

Post by Gex » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:43 am

I always wanted to make a ring chain quest. This is the start of it. This low-level quest is obtainable of an item drop from murlocs around Goldshire.

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd
It will trigger the following quest.
https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... giOjEwfV0=
Reward:

I think you can guess where is this inspired from and what do I want to accomplish. Maybe the reward is a bit too much, yet I wanted to help new players and give it importance as the ring can be upgraded (even negative effects will be present - showing the treacherous side of the ring) further down the chain quest.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:19 pm

While you create a quest, please make sure you think through all the process. Level at which a player could have access to the quest, place where the quest item is found, circumstances and options limiting the player or rather directing them further down your quest and the endpoint of your quest where the player should finish it.

Minor stuff, however, it all matters greatly if you take into account that player might have absolute zero experience in games whatsoever.

Of course, there are some quests that heavily imply players to be familiar both with gaming and the world they particularly are at the moment. Of course, there are quests with very vague descriptions and almost a riddle to solve, but those are completely another story when it comes for new levellers.

I like the initiative of your quest. Hope there won't be any need for additional scripting for the quest. Keep it up!

Arraya

Post by Arraya » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:31 am

Hey, I just started creating flavor quests for existing NPCs to slightly enhance some starting zones.
EDIT: All finished, I can't find anything else to add :D
  • Teldrassil:
    Quest: Githyiss the Vile
    Gilshalan Windwalker has asked you to kill Githyiss the Vile and retrieve her Venom Sac.
    Rewards: Webwood Branch (DisplayID: 6099 / Icon: spell_nature_naturetouchgrow (or IconID: 136065)
    Woodland Boots (DisplayID: 67048 / Icon: inv_boots_03 (or IconID: 132537)

Quest: A Decisive Blow
    Moon Priestess Amara has asked you to kill Agal and Greenpaw.
    Rewards: Agal's Ambusher (Display ID: 20398 / Icon: inv_weapon_shortblade_14 (or IconID: 135650)
    Greenpaw's Sash (DisplayID: 5867 / Icon: inv_belt_06 (or IconID: 132495)
  • Tirisfal:
    Quest: Fallen Adventurers
    Novice Elreth has asked you to kill Karrel Grayves, Daniel Ulfman and Stephen Bhartec
    Rewards: Bhartec's Lost Wand (DisplayID: 6138 / Icon: Inv_weapon_shortblade_09 (or IconID: 135645)
    Decaying Pouch (6 slot bag)

Quest: Virulence
    Apothecary Johaan has asked you to bring him 5 Human Blood from the Tirisfal Farmers and Tirisfal Farmhands located at the Solliden Farmstead.
  • Mulgore:
    Quest: Preventive Strike
    Brave Windfeather has asked you to kill and bring the mane of whoever is protecting the battle plans. Then look around for the attack plans. ("Squealer" Thornmantle would drop the item. Battle plans are already a quest that exists, this is a pointer quest to where they are, as they're hidden in a cave.)
    Rewards: Thornmantle Harness (DisplayID: 8136 / Icon: inv_chest_chain_16 (or IconID: 132638)
    Hawkwind Rifle (DisplayID: 168956 / Icon: inv_weapon_rifle_04 (or IconID: 135613)
    Windfeather Poncho (DisplayID: 27686 / Icon: inv_misc_cape_11 (or IconID: 133763)
Last edited by Arraya on Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Kalocsa

Post by Kalocsa » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:52 pm

This quest take place in the basement of the inn of the dwarven district, in Stormwind. Are you wondering why any NPC sells brewing in that inn?

The NPC Gremnir does not exist at the moment but maybe you can do something for that.

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... I6MTB9XQ==

The reward if a [Small Sack of Coins]

The second quest i would like to create with this NPC.

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... F4IjoxMH1d
"Even the biggest mouth clam on a thread, can enclose a goldern pearl."

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:00 pm

It always bugged me that after beating Sunken Temple, you start a questline that immediately rewards you a trinket, then asks you to get rid of the trinket to progress the questline. Not necessarily an issue, aside from the fact the questline abruptly ends two quests later, meaning you gave up the trinket to save the rough equivalent of ten or fifteen mob kills. Turning in the quest is a mistake at this point. Now, Blizzard did finish that storyline in the Sceptre of the Shifting Sands questline, but it's entirely unconnected to the Sunken Temple one. So I decided to make a sort of in-between quest that connects the two quest lines narratively and rewards a different trinket.

Spoiling for those who have never done the chain, however few there are, aha.
Continuing from In Eranikus' Own Words, Umbranse the Spiritspeaker sends you to kill the satyr known as Lavathra, who stole his augury device in the new followup, A Foul Thief. Lavathra is an elite mob that I would say ought to be on par with an early LBRS boss in terms of difficulty, making it an elite quest.

Once the device has been recovered, players return to Umbranse so he can begin his Communion with Eranikus within the Dream. After discovering Eranikus' corruption, Umbranse sends to to be the Bearer of Bad News to Itharius, who rewards you with a choice of three new trinkets.

Inspired by the Signet Rings of the Bronze Dragonflight, there's a trinket for Physical DPS, Magical DPS, and Hybrid DPS. I named them with numbers because not doing so was tricking the creator into thinking they were the same item. They should all have the same name like the Signet Rings, but if that's not possible, changing the names based upon the flavor text would suffice.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:07 am

Qixel wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:00 pm
It always bugged me that after beating Sunken Temple, you start a questline that immediately rewards you a trinket, then asks you to get rid of the trinket to progress the questline. Not necessarily an issue, aside from the fact the questline abruptly ends two quests later, meaning you gave up the trinket to save the rough equivalent of ten or fifteen mob kills. Turning in the quest is a mistake at this point. Now, Blizzard did finish that storyline in the Sceptre of the Shifting Sands questline, but it's entirely unconnected to the Sunken Temple one. So I decided to make a sort of in-between quest that connects the two quest lines narratively and rewards a different trinket.

Spoiling for those who have never done the chain, however few there are, aha.
Continuing from In Eranikus' Own Words, Umbranse the Spiritspeaker sends you to kill the satyr known as Lavathra, who stole his augury device in the new followup, A Foul Thief. Lavathra is an elite mob that I would say ought to be on par with an early LBRS boss in terms of difficulty, making it an elite quest.

Once the device has been recovered, players return to Umbranse so he can begin his Communion with Eranikus within the Dream. After discovering Eranikus' corruption, Umbranse sends to to be the Bearer of Bad News to Itharius, who rewards you with a choice of three new trinkets.

Inspired by the Signet Rings of the Bronze Dragonflight, there's a trinket for Physical DPS, Magical DPS, and Hybrid DPS. I named them with numbers because not doing so was tricking the creator into thinking they were the same item. They should all have the same name like the Signet Rings, but if that's not possible, changing the names based upon the flavor text would suffice.
That always bothered me too! I really like your idea, however I'd choose different names for each trinket and maybe nerf them a little bit too.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:09 pm

Pompa wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:07 am
That always bothered me too! I really like your idea, however I'd choose different names for each trinket and maybe nerf them a little bit too.
I can do that. I was basing each trinket off existing ones where I could, such as the phys dps one being slightly better than Rune of the Guard Captain by virtue of being a dungeon chain reward, but it's true caster stats elude me. Do you have any suggestions for fair numbers? :D

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:00 am

New quest: https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... giOjEwfV0=

Name: The Art of Necromancy
Questgiver: Arkhan (Needs to be created, custom npc) Use the displayed of this NPC: https://classicdb.ch/?npc=10398
Location: Western Plaguelands. Should be placed outside Sholomance in Caer darrow)
Reward: https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ==

"Once, I was a student studying under the reputable Kirin Tor. One day, as I was rummaging through the libraries of Dalaran, I came upon a book I had never seen before. The pages were scrawled with strange runes and letterings, none of which I understood. My teachers refused to acknowledge what I had found. But I will not refuse you. Bring me what I need and I will gift you this grimoire, and with it you will conquer death itself!

Bring me enough bone fragments to form a skeleton and I will teach you what I know."

(Item needs to be created. RewItemId1 in the quest needs to be edited afterwards.)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:13 pm

Arraya wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:06 am
I got inspired and made this one, sadly there is no NPC Maker yet, so the Janira NPC doesn't exist.

"A group of Sentinels has been attempting to drive the Naga away from the Ruins of Solarsal, a Sea Witch called Lady Janira has been a thorn on their side, rallying the Myrmidons and Sirens." https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... F4IjoxMH1d
Rewards:
https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd (Nature's Embrace displayID for the Robe)
This will be in game by tomorrow. Sorry for delay, I'm a bit slow this winter.
There's now, an NCP creator, it's in beta, so please report any problems: https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/home

Arraya

Post by Arraya » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:45 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:13 pm
Arraya wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:06 am

Rewards:
This will be in game by tomorrow. Sorry for delay, I'm a bit slow this winter.
There's now, an NCP creator, it's in beta, so please report any problems: https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/home
An NPC creator, that's awesome! It's okay though, I haven't even made it past level 20 yet haha.
I made Lady Janira for the quest. Soon, I'll also make missing Class Trainers in cities. Mage Trainers in Darnassus for example!

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:51 am

Up. Thank you.

Chilltools

Post by Chilltools » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:49 pm

I wish I could use this to make a level 50 aoe iteam warr quest can someone do me a solid, please. It would have to be balanced of course.

Velite

Post by Velite » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:10 am

Made a trinket that gives a taunt effect. Now I know that this might be too much of an imbalanced item, but I made it have a 3 min cd, and the idea is that anybody can use it and I am open to the idea of it being a reward much later down the line if it shouldn't be too accessible. But the intention is; that Blizzard did not give paladins taunt because shamans did not have taunt and it would be imbalanced (despite giving paladins a tree fully intended for tanking already); Considering that this server has cross faction raiding so both paladins and shamans are present in the raid, we could give a taunt usable for paladins as a situational ability. This is similar to the rationale in tbc because both factions had paladins and shamans so Blizzard didn't need to balance them as equal to each other in their capabilities, so they gave paladins a taunt that was not equal to warrior taunt but at least existed. Obviously it would need to be balanced since there is the possiblity that it allows anyone to break hunter cc by taunting pet, and that it allows a rogue to situationally tank using evasion and taunt, or paladin bubble and taunt, so there can be some work in seeing how it can be implemented.

This could potentially be tanking class restricted, and it could be a mocking blow effect instead.
Resident Paladin Expert

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:11 am

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... F4IjoxMH1d

A repeatable quest to give players a way to grind reputation for Syndicate.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Thu May 21, 2020 10:57 am

Hello there!

So I was thinking, I would love to see some antagonist stuff in World of Warcraft, funnily enough is more rpwise and I M M E R S I O N wise, so I'd like you to have a quick look at my first quest, probably things aren't made how they are supposed to but it was the first time I used the creator.
Anyway.

To be able to get this quest one should be Unfriendly with the Bloodsail Buccaners, since you'd be going on one of their ships to grab it, from none other than https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/npccreato ... AsMCwiIl0=

You will get this certain quest which is now supposed to be the first quest in a chain, I am thinking of doing.

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... giOjEwfV0=

The Quest will send you in search of https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ== ; which can be found in the two continents, either Menethil Harbor or Arathi Highlands; Barrens or Tanaris, pretty much any pirate npc should have a minor chance to drop it, to be fair, I don't yet know how low that rate should be but I'd love suggestions.

As a reward for the quest you will obtain 1000+ reputation with the Buccaners (it can be changed, if its either considered too low or too high) and https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ== ; which is purely cosmetic for now, but will have meaning later on.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Thu May 21, 2020 3:54 pm

So your quest asking for a booze for your cap'n who is Bloodsail Buccaneer and you gotta go and kill off pirates who are Bloodsail Buccaneers?

A ... whaaa??