Online Quest & Item Creator

Balake

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Balake » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:50 pm

Bcs wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:41 am
Er, I'm sure you realize how impractical this advice is
That's true, that's why I also suggested just googling the quest to see if it exists elsewhere. Making the custom quests instantly recognizable like that takes away from the experience as the whole point is seamless additions that feel like they might as well be from the original game. If you don't find out the quest is a custom quest I'd say that's a job well done by the designer of the quest.

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:31 pm

Rhaco wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:00 am
Non-druids miss out on a bit of lore involving the activities up on Dreadmist Peak and how it's poisoning the Barrens. This two-part chain gives all other classes the opportunity to assist in the rescue efforts to save those cute gazelles!

14 DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS While Tonga Runetotem waits for help to arrive from the Cenarion Circle, he sends non-druids to collect samples while they regretably put down the Sickly Gazelles and keep the poison from spreading higher up the food chain. (Druids are sent to collect samples from the source of the taint- the water pools atop Dreadmist Peak. Tonga is then able to use that water and the samples you collected to thoroughly study the malady affecting the barrens. He immediately sends druids to collect the ingredients needed for the cure. )
For your help, you may choose an offhand vial of the WATERS OF VISION, (previously a model only available to alliance Tear of Grief)
which is intended to be like the druid's item=15866/veildust-medicine-bag with mild stats and on-use mana, but instantly, like a reusable lesser mana potion.
*This item is incomplete, devs please help balance and finish it*.

or the BRAVE'S RIFLE
Great, adding it on the next server update.

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:31 am

One of the two Rogue class quests that was cut from the game is about a named NPC in Bael Modan - Lord Cyrik Blackforge. According to the scraps we have, he was intended to be part of the Assassin's League and be wanted by Undercity for the murder of the leader of the Deathstalkers. I liked this idea but thought:
1) It would make more sense if he was wanted by the Assassin's League for this crime - trying to assassinate the leader of the Deathstalkers could bring an entire nation down on the League, who would not be capable of fighting a war against a true army.
2) Wanton murder with witnesses (how else would UC be looking for Blackforge unless there were witnesses?) isn't in the style of a secret society that hides in the mountains and has gone to great pains to make sure they are largely unknown to the public.
3) Why would Undead Rogue trainers pass on messages from an organization whose member(s) seem to attack the Deathstalkers?
4) How can a level 23 mob reasonably kill a (presumably) level 60 or 63 mob?

This quest, Redeeming the League would immediately chain after the Detect Traps quest and would be immediately available from Farhad. It would address all four of the problems I mentioned and would be available to Rogues of every race. This would require 2 changes to Blackforge:
1) He would have to drop Cyrik's Head .
2) He would have to become neutral to Alliance characters. I think this would make sense as he is stated to be a member of the Assassin's League in cut content but is not stated to be a member of the Alliance outside of the fact that he is currently in hiding with Alliance mobs. This DOES give an advantage to Alliance rogues, as they could just walk past any dwarven mobs in the area, but I don't think he is particularly THAT far behind any mobs to matter that much.

Completion of the quest would award the choice of: Footpad's Shortbow or Footpad's Shoes

I'm open to rebalancing of the quest rewards, rewriting of any of the quest, etc. Constructive criticism is 100% appreciated!

I wasn't sure which Quest IDs and Item IDs in the recommended ID range have been taken already, so I left those fields blank. I can fill them in if needed.
Last edited by Axoc on Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Warrians

Post by Warrians » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:42 am

Hello!
Runewalsh here. I hope i am at the right place. And no im not going to say "Please forgive my bad English Yada yada yada" because... Ops already said it :P

This is a poor first draft of a quest, made with love but no skill. I had zero reference to start from, except the tips from a good member of this most excellent community (Thank you, Drag! )

Speaking of "a Drag", Dragunovi advised me on this - The implementation of this quest would require the creatures "Lord Falconcrest" (ID 2597) and "Otto" (ID 2599) to be changed from monster type to Syndicate NPCs, like the rest of the mobs around them. Doing so should be relatively simple and would not affect the average player at all, since players are hated by the syndicate by default, and the aforementioned NPCs will attack them on sight regardless. However, without this small change, this quest is rendered meaningless and you can just disregard it entirely .

So, the rest of this post assumes that it is OK for staff to change the Syndicate master and his bodyguard into real syndicate members. Dump this quest otherwise.

This quest The revenge of the Syndicate is made to mirror what can be officially done with the Bloodsail Bucaneers reputation - To turn around the tables and work for the enemy, a tiring, long range goal that discourages most players, but can be enjoyable once you are fed of the normal game and up for a challenge. By declaring war on Ravenholdt Manor early enough in your adventures and slaying the Manor denizens, you are able to earn Syndicate reputation, and if you are persistent enough, become hated with the manor and neutral with the dreaded syndicate, rather than the contrary.

This is known to be useless for anything but bragging rights. Well this quest aims to offset that and give a bit of use to a reputation counter Blizzard has abandoned.

The point of the quest is to visit Lord Falconcrest at Stromgarde (maybe thinking of collecting their bounty??) and, if done at neutral rep, finding all members of the syndicate and their leaders surprisingly tolerant of the player. This has been done before, but with the implementation of this quest, Lord falconcrest will have a "simple" mission for the syndicate candidate - To slay his most hated enemies. To this end, the quest requires the player to have Syndicate standing at Neutral.

The objective of the quest itself is something the player probably did before, in their quest to become neutral with the syndicate, making poor sense playability wise, but targeted at making sense in the eyes of Lord Falconcrest.

EDIT:

Suggested reward 1: "Falconcrest Oath"

Also forgive me if any field of the editor is out of place, this is a first for me.

OPTIONAL: IMPROVING THE EXPERIENCE :

A ravenholdt mob kill earns you 5 Syndicate rep only, except for Myrokos Silentform, who is worth 25. That means a player will be stuck grinding rep for a very long time to get from hated to neutral. If staff has any mercy of a player who decides for this journey, here are a few ideas :

1 - Raise the rep reward for Ravenholdt kills a bit. It makes very poor sense that key members of the faction give the same rep as the guards, other than the elf.

2 - Decrease the respawn delay for the Ravenholdt mobs, especially the guards, turning the grind into a seamless experience. This would also benefit standard ravenholdt players, who wouldnt have to wait long for NPCS to respawn.

3 - Allow the quest "Double-Crossing the league" , set as a repeatable, given and received by the custom NPC "Syndicate Eye" (No ID yet as it has to be approved first, so the quest giver and quest ender fields are blank) , to be placed somewhere near Stranhbrad (Alterac) or Northfold Manor (Arathi), far enough from the mobs as not to trigger a fight at fair level. This simple quest involves 10 Ravenholdt guard kills and rewards 500 syndicate rep, to be modded by staff as seen fit. If it seems like its too much, remember that the trek between the quest giver and the manor, on its own, is probably enough to even things out. The completion text of the repeatable is the players only hint about where to go afterwards, and when to go.

Im sorry to waste your time if this was long, and even sorrier for my own waste if this quest is somehow unaceptable ^^
Last edited by Warrians on Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:58 am

Warrians wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:42 am
Im sorry to waste your time if this was long, and even sorrier for my own waste if this quest is somehow unaceptable ^^
This is quite interesting start, however, what will players have when they finish this insane grind of faction reputation?

I like the idea. The text would require some editing though. I'm sure if you asdress Kashgrim or Dragunovi in our discord (feel free to ping) they might help you. satisfied_turtle
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Warrians

Post by Warrians » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:35 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:58 am
Warrians wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:42 am
This is quite interesting start, however, what will players have when they finish this insane grind of faction reputation?

I like the idea. The text would require some editing though. I'm sure if you asdress Kashgrim or Dragunovi in our discord (feel free to ping) they might help you. satisfied_turtle
Hello! I contacted Dragunovi about it already, he was in chat while I was writting this one. Its an insane grind with an optional repeatabble to aid it, and i decided to leave item reward fields blank for now as i dont have any experience with the item editor yet. As i understand it, i need IDs for the custom items in order to supply them with the quest, and that was a bit confusing, so i make all items and npcs first, wait for them to get approved IDs, then i insert them into the quest? That sounds like quite a bit of waiting and extra work for staff. Forgive me if im wrong.

As for the grind itself, we used to do this sort of stuff for no reward at all (just taking screenshots dancing close to the syndicate mobs afterwards) so i think actually having a quest you can do after that would be fabulous.

Garish

Post by Garish » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:02 am

hey torta i want to know how to put +5 sword skill in that item https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd

i want to make a "off meta race" warrior item because edgemaster handguards is a 0,03 drop and is a must to every Dwarf,undead,troll,tauren,gnome,n-elf

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:04 am

Garish wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:02 am
hey torta i want to know how to put +5 sword skill in that item https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd

i want to make a "off meta race" warrior item because edgemaster handguards is a 0,03 drop and is a must to every Dwarf,undead,troll,tauren,gnome,n-elf
You look for a spell that gives the effect you want. For +5 sword skill, that would be Increased 1H Sword (+5). Then, you scroll down the item creator to spellid. You put in the spell number, which you can find in the url (in this case, it's 15896). Then, you change "on use" to "on equip." The end result? Samuro's Gauntlets, now with +5 to swords.

Garish

Post by Garish » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:35 pm

Mac wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:04 am
Garish wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:02 am

You look for a spell that gives the effect you want. For +5 sword skill, that would be Increased 1H Sword (+5). Then, you scroll down the item creator to spellid. You put in the spell number, which you can find in the url (in this case, it's 15896). Then, you change "on use" to "on equip." The end result? Samuro's Gauntlets, now with +5 to swords.
Thanks

Garish

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator [Contest]

Post by Garish » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:14 am

Qixel wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:25 pm
I made a high level shaman quest chain. I couldn't figure out how to make a quest starting item, or how to determine quest ids for the quests, so I hope you'll forgive me the incompletion.

A Softly Glowing Shard begins from [A Softly Glowing Shard], which would have a very low chance to drop from various 55+ enemies.

Completing that quest leads you to A Test of Strength, in which the shaman must dispatch three high level enemies.

After doing so, you recieve the raid quest, Punish the Firelord's Betrayal. I had always thought it kind of dumb that half of the bosses of Molten Core had a quest to kill them, but the other half did not, which inspired this quest. The objective is to kill Magmadar, Garr, Baron Geddon, and Golemagg. Upon completion, you receive a totem, the [Wind-Kissed Shard]

Finally, you recieve a quest to slay Ragnaros himself, The Firelord's Fall. Upon completion, the shaman recieves [Stormfrenzy, Vengeful Glaive of the Windlord]
thats is a nice buff for the enhacement shaman, well placed +3 crit with nature spells

Rengeveta

Bane of the loch

Post by Rengeveta » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:15 pm

the Treshadons of Loch Modan have proved to be quite a nuisance to local fishermen and the task has fallen upon you to stop them.

[20] https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... I6MTB9XQ==

Hatson

Post by Hatson » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:56 am

Greetings, everyone! Only just last night did I learn about Turtle WoW. For many years I've always wanted a "Classic+" experience as they call it nowadays. And while I am still playing Classic WoW, I must say I am quite impressed and glad to see people working together on a project like this.

And I absolutely love custom creator tools (for any game!) like what you have here. This tool is really great, creating custom quests and items is something I've often pondered about in my own head. I've already toyed around with it for several hours now, and it seems quite easy to use (great job on this tool!).
So here's my first post and first question for this community, as the newcomer that I am:

Have you folks added unique loot to all the rare mobs out in the world? One of many disappointing / clearly unfinished parts of Vanilla WoW, is the rare spawns themselves. Only a handful of them have unique items / loot tables attached to them. While a lot of them instead just drop random green quality items around their respective level range. I've read the posts here so far and I love what Dragunovi's been doing with the items. I think my ideas are pretty in line with his designs.

Anyway, it's something I've always felt original WoW could've done better, so I'd love to create unique item drops for all the rare spawns out there that don't have them yet. Of course, it would be balanced items for the respective levels of the rare spawn.
Now I'm just curious if this has already been done here on Turtle WoW, as I said I'm completely new here, so I am not at all familiar with the scope of custom work that has already gone into this server. So I don't want to waste anyone's time (or my own for that matter) if this is something that has already been implemented. But I am more than willing to help contribute to this awesome project! turtle_in_love_head

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:11 am

I already added unique loot for elite rares at the 1-25 level range. I'd happily do it for all of them but it's hard to make up 2 item ideas per rare (There are a lot, trust me.)
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Mac

Re: Bane of the loch

Post by Mac » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:22 am

Rengeveta wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:15 pm
the Treshadons of Loch Modan have proved to be quite a nuisance to local fishermen and the task has fallen upon you to stop them.

[20] https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... I6MTB9XQ==
Cool. There actually is an unused quest to kill threshadons in Loch Modan.
Dragunovi wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:11 am
I already added unique loot for elite rares at the 1-25 level range. I'd happily do it for all of them but it's hard to make up 2 item ideas per rare (There are a lot, trust me.)
You could try outsourcing it to other players. Make a list of elite rares for whom you'd like to see loot added, and see what ideas you get and like. Worst case scenario it's just a huge waste of everyone's time.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:25 am

Don't know why I double posted.

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:05 am

I've been trying to collect ideas for so long, but maybe a targeted request could give some fruits, thanks for the idea.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:46 am

Mac wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:22 am
Make a list of elite rares for whom you'd like to see loot added, and see what ideas you get and like. Worst case scenario it's just a huge waste of everyone's time.
Ideally speaking, you'd want to have at least 3 unique drops per rare mob, each with a no more than 25% chance to drop (so as to reward incentivize killing the rare mob more than once). That would be more of a "true vanilla" style experience ... needing to do the same thing more than once to Get All The Things™ for the collector mentality. smiling_turtle

Hatson

Post by Hatson » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:41 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:11 am
Oh, I'm well aware how many there are. I'd be happy to help out with it.

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:38 pm

I already looked at the list of rare mobs, it's enormous which kinda scared me off if I'm being honest.

Drajj

Post by Drajj » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:28 pm

Question: Does the NPC Creator repurpose current npc's (make a copy with a different name), or are we able to add our own clothing/names/armor/weapons/etc?

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:20 pm

I have finished my custom secret quest. Its a word archive.ill send to gheorr fist to read it. I Hope the staff accept it. I put much effort on it. I wish people enjoy doing it as much as i making it
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Shiznaught

Post by Shiznaught » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:29 am

I wanted to create a small quest series that would "give a point" to killing King Mosh in Un'Goro crater. The idea is that Torwa Pathfinder would give out the first quest after you completed "The Might U'cha" and "The Bait for Lar'korwi."

The first quest is "Sic Semper Tyrannus," which is just a cursory skill check:
https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... I6MTB9XQ==
Which should lead to "Regicide:"
https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... giOjEwfV0=
The rewards for Regicide (subject to approval or modification by you):

Sort of a meme/pvp item, assuming a +Holy Resist item can even exist.

Not sure if this is good or terrible, but there aren't a lot of "fast" endgame ranged weapons. I thought the proc might make it worthwhile.

My own selfish desire to give Warriors a chance to wear a skirt.* Also, no pre-BiS competitive tank pants give Parry or Agility.

Something to take some of the pressure off casters to farm Maraudon (except for you Paladins. But you want that ring from Princess anyhow, right?)

*I imagine the in-game skin would be a recolor of Paladin or Shaman T2, though if there is a leg skin that could be stretched over a skirt model and still look good, that would be neat! Only one I can think of is something like Abyssal Mail Leguards or Legplates of the Eternal Guardian.

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:53 am

there is no single item in game with holy resistance as far as I know. And there is no Holy Resistance in character panel. Don't think that it should change.

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Shiznaught wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:29 am
Sort of a meme/pvp item, assuming a +Holy Resist item can even exist.
Unangwata wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:53 am
there is no single item in game with holy resistance as far as I know. And there is no Holy Resistance in character panel. Don't think that it should change.
BY DESIGN ... meaning intentionally by Blizzard ... there is no Holy Resistance.
This item breaks that standard.

Approval Denied (for this item) on that basis.

Shiznaught

Post by Shiznaught » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:41 am

Yeah, that makes sense. Should probably take the Holy Resist option out of the item creator then, huh?

Happy to have any items designed by the staff looking for a home to be put in place, or just limit the quest to 3 rewards. I honestly came up with that on a whim since I couldn't get another item idea to work. I'm sort of tapped on what to add that isn't already around or useful.

Balake

Post by Balake » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:16 am

Holy resistance is a stat that exists in the game's database but blizzard intentionally did not implement any items that give this stat. An active that absorbs holy damage is still a possibility and fits it as it's a trinket.

Shiznaught

Post by Shiznaught » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:16 pm

You're right. But the tricky thing is that I can't make new spells (no way to do so that I know of) and the only ability I could pull for that comes from Holy Protection potions, which sort of undercuts having that item in your inventory at all. I toyed with adjusting it to a proc on hit, but that really takes any -very limited- existing utility away from this item.

Instead your suggestion helped me come up with this idea:

But I'm not sure if the spell is going to work correctly, since it's a spell used by NPCs on other NPCs. It would need to be tested. But it preserves the concept as a meme/pvp item, since it could situationally help you become immune to Gouges and Polymorphs while giving a nice boost to DPS. Also switched to trinket since it fits better there as an chance on hit buff item.

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:09 pm

I actually love the idea of a trinket that both buffs and harms at the same time, would use if it was implemented

Haaxor

Post by Haaxor » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm

I've always felt like Ravenholdt was simply left unfinished and I decided to do something about that. To test out how to work with wow db and to get myself familiar with it I've started with something simple.

I've given purpose to Carlo Aurelius NPC. He will act as a Weapon Master teaching all Rougue weapon skills at small discount for any rogue that hits Friendly with Ravenholdt. :)

If this mod will be accepted I would be happy to make more improvements to Ravenholdt implementing vendors, quests and reputation rewards. Hopefully it's ok to provide SQL script and not just a link to db tool.

-- Ravenholdt friendly rogue condition
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`conditions` (`condition_entry`, `type`, `value1`, `value2`) VALUES ('10500', '-1', '100', '1006');

-- Carlos Aurelius
UPDATE `mangos`.`creature_template` SET `npc_flags`='17', `trainer_type`='2', `gossip_menu_id`='10500' WHERE `entry`=8309 AND `patch`=0;

-- Weapon skills
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`npc_trainer` (`entry`, `spell`, `spellcost`, `reqlevel`) VALUES ('8309', '15988', '600', '10');
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`npc_trainer` (`entry`, `spell`, `spellcost`, `reqlevel`) VALUES ('8309', '15997', '600', '10');
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`npc_trainer` (`entry`, `spell`, `spellcost`, `reqlevel`) VALUES ('8309', '15994', '600', '10');
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`npc_trainer` (`entry`, `spell`, `spellcost`, `reqlevel`) VALUES ('8309', '15995', '600', '10');
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`npc_trainer` (`entry`, `spell`, `spellcost`, `reqlevel`) VALUES ('8309', '15992', '600', '10');
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`npc_trainer` (`entry`, `spell`, `spellcost`, `reqlevel`) VALUES ('8309', '15996', '600', '10');
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`npc_trainer` (`entry`, `spell`, `spellcost`, `reqlevel`) VALUES ('8309', '15986', '600', '10');
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`npc_trainer` (`entry`, `spell`, `spellcost`, `reqlevel`) VALUES ('8309', '1847', '600', '10');

-- Friendly response
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`gossip_menu` (`entry`, `text_id`, `condition_id`) VALUES ('10500', '10500', '10500');
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`npc_text` (`ID`, `BroadcastTextID0`) VALUES ('10500', '110500');
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`broadcast_text` (`entry`, `male_text`) VALUES ('110500', 'Interested in some combat training, $C?');

-- Neutral response
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`gossip_menu` (`entry`, `text_id`, `condition_id`) VALUES ('10500', '10500', '0');
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`npc_text` (`ID`, `BroadcastTextID0`) VALUES ('10501', '110501');
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`broadcast_text` (`entry`, `male_text`) VALUES ('110501', 'You are not worthy of my training, $C.');

-- Friendly train option
INSERT INTO `mangos`.`gossip_menu_option` (`menu_id`, `option_icon`, `option_text`, `option_broadcast_text`, `option_id`, `npc_option_npcflag`, `box_text`, `condition_id`) VALUES ('10500', '3', 'I\'d like some weapon training', '8811', '5', '16', '', '10500');

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:12 pm

Haaxor, thanks for you contribution :) I'll have time to test it after the expansion release and could add it, sure, it's a good flavor addition!

Spectral

Post by Spectral » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:15 pm

I made this 2h sword to go with the new xpac. To show some love for 2h high elf pallys satisfied_turtle
Qual'Thalas Warblade

I used displayid 5173, should be same icon as Image
Model: Sword_2H_Claymore_B_02
Texture: Sword_2H_Claymore_B_02White

Anar'alah (Thalassian) = By the light

It's like a lower version of Lightforged Blade

Maybe for a high elf quest reward or drop from rear mob? :)

Roxanneflowers

Post by Roxanneflowers » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:08 am

Haaxor wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm
I've always felt like Ravenholdt was simply left unfinished and I decided to do something about that. To test out how to work with wow db and to get myself familiar with it I've started with something simple.

I've given purpose to Carlo Aurelius NPC. He will act as a Weapon Master teaching all Rougue weapon skills at small discount for any rogue that hits Friendly with Ravenholdt. :)

If this mod will be accepted I would be happy to make more improvements to Ravenholdt implementing vendors, quests and reputation rewards.
+12

The fact that Ravenholdt was so ... barren of content ... stuck out like an ... amputated ... thumb ... drive ...

Okay, that's a terrible metaphor to use for a bunch of assassins who never do anything useful or interesting. I mean, seriously ... we get referred to the place by SI:7 (yeah, really) and all they ever want us to do is ... pick pockets nearby and ... bring them Heavy Junkboxes that haven't been emptied ...?

Oh and they teach you the skill of Disarm Traps that you never get to use.
Seriously, Blizzard. You're supposed to PICK UP the ball before you drop it.

ANYWAY ... wary_turtle

Creating more content for Ravenholdt is something that would be totally wonderful to do ... especially if it is done as a sort of Rogue Class Hall kind of thing, handing out weekly quests to assassinate or pick the pockets of {insert randomly picked NPC here} as a way of playing off each faction against the other in a PvE rather than a PvP kind of way. Sort of a "go behind enemy lines and do THINGIE™ so you can report your success back to Ravenholdt" type of thematic vibe. You know ... SPY STUFF!!

Halutuo

Post by Halutuo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:07 pm

Maybe this could be added in Warchief Rend Blackhands loot table as a very rare drop at rate of 'round 4%?

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ==

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:12 pm

Halutuo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:07 pm
Maybe this could be added in Warchief Rend Blackhands loot table as a very rare drop at rate of 'round 4%?
I'm sorry, but this is way overtuned. Also, we do not support any other player-made legendaries, unless they have a legendary quest-chain to support its existence in the world with at least some Lore besides only a small flavour text.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Halutuo

Post by Halutuo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:59 pm

Lokhtos Darkbargainer ?npc=12944 could sell this recipe (There was no spell creator):
That teaches:
Which is a Blacksmithing Hammer.