Online Quest & Item Creator

User avatar
Dem0nfightr
Posts: 4

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Dem0nfightr » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:44 am

Here are some items to balance the one above. They are intended to encourage exploration and so are not breadcrumbed.

For a dagger, this can be added as a lootable to a corpse on the east side of Swamp of Sorrows named Dungree <Crocolisk Hunter>:

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... JOVUxMIl0=

And for a caster item there is a staff that can be looted from a pile of dirt behind the tent at Aridans Camp in Deadwind Pass:

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd

Just a bit of fun to help with the 40-50 grind.

User avatar
Dem0nfightr
Posts: 4

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Dem0nfightr » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:39 pm

Can you please show us how to link items so they show the name instead of the dev.turtle... link?

User avatar
Derikom
Posts: 9

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Derikom » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:10 am

Stumbled upon that weird little goblin camp just west of the Wailing Caverns again as I do every few characters and thought "you know what, these guys need a reason to be out here!" so I opened the quest editor and took my first crack at designing a quest and its subsequent rewards.

It's the first time I've ever used the editors and while they're really helpful in their descriptors of what everything does I still wanted to post this stuff with the warning that I might have missed something important. The quest itself is to acquire the hides of giraffes and zhevras in exchange for some very fashionable boots or a cloak since I always found these two very unique mobs to be under-utilized in the zone and also conveniently tied together thematically via the world of fashion!

The only thing I couldn't really figure out was how to link the required hides to be dropped/skinned (preferably both) from the requisite mobs themselves while the quest is active. If there's a way to do that, I'd love to know! If not, the intended targets should be pretty obvious! If everything here looks good, I also have a planned follow-up to offer some late-teens weapons that would add some fun characterization to an otherwise wordless npc!

User avatar
Sinrek
Posts: 788

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Sinrek » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:48 pm

Derikom wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:10 am
Stumbled upon that weird little goblin camp just west of the Wailing Caverns again as I do every few characters and thought "you know what, these guys need a reason to be out here!" so I opened the quest editor and took my first crack at designing a quest and its subsequent rewards.

It's the first time I've ever used the editors and while they're really helpful in their descriptors of what everything does I still wanted to post this stuff with the warning that I might have missed something important. The quest itself is to acquire the hides of giraffes and zhevras in exchange for some very fashionable boots or a cloak since I always found these two very unique mobs to be under-utilized in the zone and also conveniently tied together thematically via the world of fashion!

The only thing I couldn't really figure out was how to link the required hides to be dropped/skinned (preferably both) from the requisite mobs themselves while the quest is active. If there's a way to do that, I'd love to know! If not, the intended targets should be pretty obvious! If everything here looks good, I also have a planned follow-up to offer some late-teens weapons that would add some fun characterization to an otherwise wordless npc!
That's a very nice idea on these goblins you have there. Alas, some small mistakes and grammar edits required for your quest, all you need for your items to have is correct type, sell price (quarter of buy price) and amount of armor it should provide if any … otherwise it's a great idea and I fully support your first steps on this path. Well done! Keep it going and make sure to ask either Dragunovi or Gheor in discord for any advice or hints.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

User avatar
Mayson
Posts: 6

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Mayson » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:23 am

Made a little something that may lead to more or maybe not. The base idea is for a somewhat unusual satyr to offer the player character an unusual exchange (of words and gear alike) and to do a bit of world building on the process.
The quest rewards are meant to be polarizing, hugely boosting one aspect of a character and in turn strongly weakening other attributes - Making the items double-edged swords with a risk vs reward factor. If the idea takes off, I might add few more low and high level versions with appropriate stats to populate and diversify the item pool a little.

The quest ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... F4IjoxMH1d )

The quest NPC in question ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/npccreato ... wxOCwiIl0= ) is supposed to be friendly/neutral and interactable (with shop if possible), but also attackable for higher level players to get rare rewards. So doubling as a special mob of sorts. Located anywhere in Desolace or Felwood, where it makes more sense for the Satyr to appear.

The challenge from the quest is to move from the quest NPC's origin to the Gadgetzan goblin trader selling the quest item and back in a timely fashion without dying. I set a timer of 30 minutes and the condition for failure on death, but the time may be further adjusted downward to increase challenge.

The Quest Item ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd ) should be sold in Tanaris, Gadgetzan, by any already established NPC. 51.00, 27.50.

Upon completion the player can choose between ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... JOVUxMIl0= ) and ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd ) (not sure if it works, but the first equip effect of "The Voidstone of Sinister Tribunals" is meant to periodically hurt the player character who has the item equipped, not enemies).

User avatar
Filthycasual
Posts: 1

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Filthycasual » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:56 am

Vanilla was meant to have the Legendary Ashbringer weapon in game. The Devs trolled players with Nat Pagle's book by getting players to find it by fishing so to honour that trolling here is a 1 handed weapon with ridiculous low drop chance by fishing in max level zones befitting to pay tribute to the drunk fisherman Nat Pagle & to have a chance at a legendary from Fishing!



https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ==

User avatar
Halutuo
Posts: 6

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Halutuo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:18 pm

I've thought of a new drop from C'thun that would have a 5% drop in loot group 3 alongside https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=21579 .
https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ==

User avatar
Turtlewowbox
Posts: 4

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Turtlewowbox » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:45 pm

Is this community content idea abandoned? I haven't seen feedback on any of the reasonable posts here in a long time and Torta hasn't posted here in even longer.

User avatar
Starkobjekt
Posts: 57

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Starkobjekt » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:44 am

Turtlewowbox wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:45 pm
Is this community content idea abandoned? I haven't seen feedback on any of the reasonable posts here in a long time and Torta hasn't posted here in even longer.
Sinrek replied to a post here 4th of April, I think they read most if not all posts but everything can’t be something they would implement for twow or close to a finished suggestion

User avatar
Lexi
Posts: 55

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Lexi » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:17 am

Turtlewowbox wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:45 pm
Is this community content idea abandoned? I haven't seen feedback on any of the reasonable posts here in a long time and Torta hasn't posted here in even longer.
Torta had recently Eye surgery on both her eyes and for the most part isn't looking at screens until her eyes are healed. I'm sure once they are healed she'll be more active.

User avatar
Turtlewowbox
Posts: 4

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Turtlewowbox » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:22 pm

Lexi wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:17 am
Turtlewowbox wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:45 pm
Is this community content idea abandoned? I haven't seen feedback on any of the reasonable posts here in a long time and Torta hasn't posted here in even longer.
Torta had recently Eye surgery on both her eyes and for the most part isn't looking at screens until her eyes are healed. I'm sure once they are healed she'll be more active.
Oh wow, that certainly explains it. Thanks for the info.

User avatar
Lightsvengeance
Posts: 1

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Lightsvengeance » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:44 am

I have created the following submission to explore some of the Gnoll story line and lore. This initial plot picks up from the beloved Hogger in Elwynn Forest.

The quest starts with an Unusual emblem drop (100%) from Hogger. This item takes the player into an exploration to discover its origins and why the notable foe was holding up to this in the first place.

The plot explores an interesting Easter Egg from the first Human campaign mission from Warcraft 3 , mentioning a character from an optional objective in this area of the game where the Player had to rescue a child from Gnolls.

It sets up a potential backstage influence from the gnolls in Alterac Mountains (from back in Warcraft 3) and how some of them potentially migrated to Elwynn.

The player starts off with the Unusual Emblem quest and progresses to investigate in the follow-up quest Unusual Findings. Finally, the final chapter of this short series is completed in Unusual Motives.

The whole quest happens in Elwnn and Stormwind. It also allows further story development to be built in the end of the final quest in the chain.

Discord: Willbreaker

User avatar
Lilleanon
Posts: 3

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Lilleanon » Fri May 07, 2021 10:07 pm

I attempted to create a short quest, together with the NPC that gives said quest and quest item! I thought this would be a fun little quest that in due time, could expand upon the questgiver and that he could deliver out more quests like this with greater rewards, all while it's friendly with the lore if it is of interest.

It starts with the quest being available at level 10 for any races within the Alliance. He is a High Elf mage, and is found wandering within Stormwind city along the canals. The first quest he gives is this:

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... F4IjoxMH1d

Upon accepting the quest, you are given the item Thordas' Book of Magic, which is in your inventory until you deliver it.
https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd

I've yet to fill in some blanks within the quest/quest item creator I think (first time I've ever used them, so I'm a bit unsure on how they work.) but I'd absolutely love to expand upon this if it's something that seems interesting.
My discord is: Lilleanon#8357

User avatar
Halutuo
Posts: 6

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Halutuo » Sat May 08, 2021 1:29 am

I thought of "How about adding an item from Warcraft 3.." and here's a simple item:
https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd

User avatar
Dragunovi
Posts: 162

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Dragunovi » Thu May 13, 2021 7:51 pm

Tilsair wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:28 pm
Made a small flavor item intended to be a world drop in 30-ish zones. I am not really good at balancing so I suggest you tweak that.

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... 5VTEwiXQ==
This will be added to the Stockades' inmates' lootables as a rare drop with the next server update, thanks for contributing! happy_turtle
Still making items...
Dragunovi - Level 60 Human Tankadin
Dragunir - Level 60 Dwarf Shadow Priest
Dragun - Level 17 Troll Hunter
Dragunis - Level 60 Human Warlock
Zephyris - Level 60 Elemental Shaman

User avatar
Gheor
Posts: 186

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Gheor » Thu May 13, 2021 9:52 pm

Turtlewowbox wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:37 am
I never liked the absence of alliance Shadowfang Keep quests so I wanted to create at least one. I think a big benefit is also to help encourage some players to group with Paladins to go there for their class quest. I made the quest reward fairly enticing to promote grouping up with Paladins so they don't have to solo it later or miss out on it. I think it also is somewhat comparable to the Wailing Caverns quest that horde has which gives Blue rewards.

I found an unused NPC in Stormwind and decided to give him a bit of a story. Christoph Faral in the Old Town pub has been drinking away his sorrow for years. Go and have a chat with Christoph in the pub to receive a quest asking for revenge, [The Southshore Merchant's Misery].

He will send you into Shadowfang Keep, preferably with a Paladin on their class quest, to kill Razorclaw the Butcher as well as Fel Steed. When you return, he will reward you with one of 3 powerful swords he managed to snag during his own escape from there, either [The Torment of Shadowfang], [The Turmoil of Shadowfang], or [The Torture of Shadowfang].


There already are quests in the game for Shadowfang Keep for Alliance made by Dragunovi.

https://database.turtle-wow.org/?quest=60108

https://database.turtle-wow.org/?quest=60109

They will be changed or rewritten in the future since I have a personal project I wish to do in Silverpine.
A sheet of paper and a pen can give birth to many things.

Gheor

Kratos

User avatar
Gheor
Posts: 186

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Gheor » Thu May 13, 2021 9:56 pm

Mayson wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:23 am
Made a little something that may lead to more or maybe not. The base idea is for a somewhat unusual satyr to offer the player character an unusual exchange (of words and gear alike) and to do a bit of world building on the process.
The quest rewards are meant to be polarizing, hugely boosting one aspect of a character and in turn strongly weakening other attributes - Making the items double-edged swords with a risk vs reward factor. If the idea takes off, I might add few more low and high level versions with appropriate stats to populate and diversify the item pool a little.

The quest ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... F4IjoxMH1d )

The quest NPC in question ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/npccreato ... wxOCwiIl0= ) is supposed to be friendly/neutral and interactable (with shop if possible), but also attackable for higher level players to get rare rewards. So doubling as a special mob of sorts. Located anywhere in Desolace or Felwood, where it makes more sense for the Satyr to appear.

The challenge from the quest is to move from the quest NPC's origin to the Gadgetzan goblin trader selling the quest item and back in a timely fashion without dying. I set a timer of 30 minutes and the condition for failure on death, but the time may be further adjusted downward to increase challenge.

The Quest Item ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd ) should be sold in Tanaris, Gadgetzan, by any already established NPC. 51.00, 27.50.

Upon completion the player can choose between ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... JOVUxMIl0= ) and ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd ) (not sure if it works, but the first equip effect of "The Voidstone of Sinister Tribunals" is meant to periodically hurt the player character who has the item equipped, not enemies).

A tad too much text, nobody is gonna read through all that wall of text, I'd recommend you'd make it shorter.
Also I don't know where you got the idea Satyr are Alien beings.

The Satyr are simply deformed Highborne elves.

To put it simply Satyr is the result of the Legion's influence, as Naga is the result of Old God influence.
A sheet of paper and a pen can give birth to many things.

Gheor

Kratos

User avatar
Gheor
Posts: 186

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Gheor » Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 pm

Lightsvengeance wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:44 am
I have created the following submission to explore some of the Gnoll story line and lore. This initial plot picks up from the beloved Hogger in Elwynn Forest.

The quest starts with an Unusual emblem drop (100%) from Hogger. This item takes the player into an exploration to discover its origins and why the notable foe was holding up to this in the first place.

The plot explores an interesting Easter Egg from the first Human campaign mission from Warcraft 3 , mentioning a character from an optional objective in this area of the game where the Player had to rescue a child from Gnolls.

It sets up a potential backstage influence from the gnolls in Alterac Mountains (from back in Warcraft 3) and how some of them potentially migrated to Elwynn.

The player starts off with the Unusual Emblem quest and progresses to investigate in the follow-up quest Unusual Findings. Finally, the final chapter of this short series is completed in Unusual Motives.

The whole quest happens in Elwnn and Stormwind. It also allows further story development to be built in the end of the final quest in the chain.

Discord: Willbreaker
First quest is empty?

The other two have the same text, the Completion text is also too big.

I'd say "unusual" fits.

My WC1 lore isn't the best but if you'd want to try again and need my help I'd be glad to support you.

Message me via Discord when the time comes.

-Gheor
A sheet of paper and a pen can give birth to many things.

Gheor

Kratos

User avatar
Gheor
Posts: 186

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Gheor » Thu May 13, 2021 10:06 pm

Lilleanon wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:07 pm
I attempted to create a short quest, together with the NPC that gives said quest and quest item! I thought this would be a fun little quest that in due time, could expand upon the questgiver and that he could deliver out more quests like this with greater rewards, all while it's friendly with the lore if it is of interest.

It starts with the quest being available at level 10 for any races within the Alliance. He is a High Elf mage, and is found wandering within Stormwind city along the canals. The first quest he gives is this:

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... F4IjoxMH1d

Upon accepting the quest, you are given the item Thordas' Book of Magic, which is in your inventory until you deliver it.
https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd

I've yet to fill in some blanks within the quest/quest item creator I think (first time I've ever used them, so I'm a bit unsure on how they work.) but I'd absolutely love to expand upon this if it's something that seems interesting.
My discord is: Lilleanon#8357

First of all: Too much text.

Second of all: "after I arrived in Stormwind after the fall of my beloved home, the kingdom of Quel'thalas." doesn't sound too good.

Needs a grammar and spelling check, I am not a native either so I feel you there.

*Thordas let out a brief sigh, reminiscing of the old days. He remains silent for a moment before he glances at you, his eyes beaming up.* - Slightly unnecessary, but I love flavour. You could've actually placed it somewhere else in the text.

Shouldn't the quest ender be Elsharin herself?

His behaviour isn't high elvish at all, if anything he acts like a reckless gnome.

Give it another try, I'd love to see what you can come up with if given criticism.
A sheet of paper and a pen can give birth to many things.

Gheor

Kratos

User avatar
Mayson
Posts: 6

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Mayson » Fri May 14, 2021 7:23 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:56 pm
Mayson wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:23 am
Made a little something that may lead to more or maybe not. The base idea is for a somewhat unusual satyr to offer the player character an unusual exchange (of words and gear alike) and to do a bit of world building on the process.
The quest rewards are meant to be polarizing, hugely boosting one aspect of a character and in turn strongly weakening other attributes - Making the items double-edged swords with a risk vs reward factor. If the idea takes off, I might add few more low and high level versions with appropriate stats to populate and diversify the item pool a little.

The quest ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/questcrea ... F4IjoxMH1d )

The quest NPC in question ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/npccreato ... wxOCwiIl0= ) is supposed to be friendly/neutral and interactable (with shop if possible), but also attackable for higher level players to get rare rewards. So doubling as a special mob of sorts. Located anywhere in Desolace or Felwood, where it makes more sense for the Satyr to appear.

The challenge from the quest is to move from the quest NPC's origin to the Gadgetzan goblin trader selling the quest item and back in a timely fashion without dying. I set a timer of 30 minutes and the condition for failure on death, but the time may be further adjusted downward to increase challenge.

The Quest Item ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd ) should be sold in Tanaris, Gadgetzan, by any already established NPC. 51.00, 27.50.

Upon completion the player can choose between ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... JOVUxMIl0= ) and ( https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd ) (not sure if it works, but the first equip effect of "The Voidstone of Sinister Tribunals" is meant to periodically hurt the player character who has the item equipped, not enemies).

A tad too much text, nobody is gonna read through all that wall of text, I'd recommend you'd make it shorter.
Also I don't know where you got the idea Satyr are Alien beings.

The Satyr are simply deformed Highborne elves.

To put it simply Satyr is the result of the Legion's influence, as Naga is the result of Old God influence.
Thanks for the critique, I will overwork it all when I get around to it.

One thing though: Alien wasn't used as a noun here, I used it as an adjective meaning something foreign or weird from somewhere else.

Post Reply