Online Quest & Item Creator

Warrians

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator

Post by Warrians » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:35 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:58 am
Warrians wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:42 am
Im sorry to waste your time if this was long, and even sorrier for my own waste if this quest is somehow unaceptable ^^
This is quite interesting start, however, what will players have when they finish this insane grind of faction reputation?

I like the idea. The text would require some editing though. I'm sure if you asdress Kashgrim or Dragunovi in our discord (feel free to ping) they might help you. satisfied_turtle
Hello! I contacted Dragunovi about it already, he was in chat while I was writting this one. Its an insane grind with an optional repeatabble to aid it, and i decided to leave item reward fields blank for now as i dont have any experience with the item editor yet. As i understand it, i need IDs for the custom items in order to supply them with the quest, and that was a bit confusing, so i make all items and npcs first, wait for them to get approved IDs, then i insert them into the quest? That sounds like quite a bit of waiting and extra work for staff. Forgive me if im wrong.

As for the grind itself, we used to do this sort of stuff for no reward at all (just taking screenshots dancing close to the syndicate mobs afterwards) so i think actually having a quest you can do after that would be fabulous.

Garish

Post by Garish » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:02 am

hey torta i want to know how to put +5 sword skill in that item https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd

i want to make a "off meta race" warrior item because edgemaster handguards is a 0,03 drop and is a must to every Dwarf,undead,troll,tauren,gnome,n-elf

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:04 am

Garish wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:02 am
hey torta i want to know how to put +5 sword skill in that item https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/itemcreat ... wiTlVMTCJd

i want to make a "off meta race" warrior item because edgemaster handguards is a 0,03 drop and is a must to every Dwarf,undead,troll,tauren,gnome,n-elf
You look for a spell that gives the effect you want. For +5 sword skill, that would be Increased 1H Sword (+5). Then, you scroll down the item creator to spellid. You put in the spell number, which you can find in the url (in this case, it's 15896). Then, you change "on use" to "on equip." The end result? Samuro's Gauntlets, now with +5 to swords.

Garish

Post by Garish » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:35 pm

Mac wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:04 am
Garish wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:02 am

You look for a spell that gives the effect you want. For +5 sword skill, that would be Increased 1H Sword (+5). Then, you scroll down the item creator to spellid. You put in the spell number, which you can find in the url (in this case, it's 15896). Then, you change "on use" to "on equip." The end result? Samuro's Gauntlets, now with +5 to swords.
Thanks

Garish

Re: Online Quest & Item Creator [Contest]

Post by Garish » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:14 am

Qixel wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:25 pm
I made a high level shaman quest chain. I couldn't figure out how to make a quest starting item, or how to determine quest ids for the quests, so I hope you'll forgive me the incompletion.

A Softly Glowing Shard begins from [A Softly Glowing Shard], which would have a very low chance to drop from various 55+ enemies.

Completing that quest leads you to A Test of Strength, in which the shaman must dispatch three high level enemies.

After doing so, you recieve the raid quest, Punish the Firelord's Betrayal. I had always thought it kind of dumb that half of the bosses of Molten Core had a quest to kill them, but the other half did not, which inspired this quest. The objective is to kill Magmadar, Garr, Baron Geddon, and Golemagg. Upon completion, you receive a totem, the [Wind-Kissed Shard]

Finally, you recieve a quest to slay Ragnaros himself, The Firelord's Fall. Upon completion, the shaman recieves [Stormfrenzy, Vengeful Glaive of the Windlord]
thats is a nice buff for the enhacement shaman, well placed +3 crit with nature spells