Turtle WoW Unique Features

Torta

Turtle WoW Unique Features

Post by Torta » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:21 am

Greetings! If you want to learn more about Turtle WoW, you've come to the right place! We've been online for almost three years and we have decided to make a summary of what's been done and what's ahead.

First of all, we run on 1.15.x game client — the first ever fully-interactive story expansion for Vanilla WoW. This expansion takes a different path from Burning Crusade, emphasizing the familiar Azeroth of Vanilla WoW over the cosmic battle with the Legion. It's heavily based on the background lore from Warcraft 3 and Vanilla WoW, and seeks to follow some of the story threads from those games without breaking established lore.

You can read about it here: https://turtle-wow.org/expansion

New Playable Races New Zones
  • High Elf City: Alah'thalas
  • Revantusk Troll Settlement: Amani'alor
  • Soon: Troll Settlement: Wildtusk Village
  • Soon: Goblin Town: Sparkwater Port
  • Soon: Human Settlement: Hawk's Vigil
  • Soon: Dwarven Village: Dun Agrath
  • Goblin Outpost: Mudsprocket
  • Soon: Ghostlands, Eversong Woods, Outland and more.
New Quests and Items
  • 300+ New Quests all around Azeroth.
  • 1300+ New Gear, Weapon and Quest Items, with new drops added to old rare mobs and dungeons, both from boss and trash mobs.
New Titles
  • Sulfuron Champion (Given to those that wield the legendary hammer Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros.)
  • Stormwielder (Given to those that wield the legendary sword Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker.)
  • Guardian of Tirisfal (Given to those that wield the legendary staff Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian.)
  • Immortal (Given to those that reach level 60 without dying with the Hardcore Mode enabled.)
  • Scarab Lord (Was given to those that acquired the Scepter of Shifting Sands and banged the Scarab Gong.)
  • Soon: Lorekeeper
  • Soon: Blood Ring Champion
  • Soon: Conqueror of Naxxramas
New Questlines
  • Soon: A Dance of Crows and Ravens (Medium-Long) (Neutral)
  • Soon: The Land of the Cursed (Very Long) (Alliance)
  • Soon: Blood in the Ocean (Medium) (Neutral)
  • Soon: The Hero Chronicles (Medium) (Horde)
  • Soon: The Big Energy Project (Long) (Horde)
  • Soon: Employing the Cabal? (Short) (Horde)
  • Soon: Soul and Alchemy (Long) (Horde) (???)
  • Soon: Donning the Red Flag (Long) (Alliance) (???)

New Factions and Reputation Rewards
We're adding reputation vendors for all existing factions to make leveling reputation with them more rewarding and relevant: mounts, gear, recipes and unique companions! Reputation quartermaster stocks are often expanded so recheck them time to time.

Alliance Quartermasters Horde Quartermasters Neutral Quartermasters Hardcore Mode
Inspired by Diablo games and actual Hardcore Challenge of Classic realms, we welcome you to join the true test of your player's skills: leveling as a mortal being: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1636

Discord Rich Presence
Our modified client comes packed with a system that shows that you're playing on the server on your Discord profile, tracking time played and showing you're a real turtle. If you want to opt-out of this you can disable Rich Presence in your Discord settings. If you're worried about its contents you can check our source code at: https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow-discord-overlay

New Events New Race/Class Combinations
  • Orc Mage
  • Gnome Hunter
  • Soon: Dwarf Mage
  • Soon: Undead Hunter
New World Bosses We've implemented a list of features that Blizzard never published General Addons Made or Modified for Turtle WoW
  • TWLC2c - Retail-like frames for received loot, need/roll/pull timer/boss death frames.
  • Outfitter - Modified to work with Turtle WoW's custom mounts.
  • LazPig - Modified to automatically dismount Turtle WoW's custom mounts when using an ability if enabled.
  • PallyPower- Modified to include shamans in the interface.
  • Atlas and AtlasLoot - Now includes loottables for Turtle WoW world bosses and instances.
  • LFT (Looking for Turtles) - Allows you to queue for dungeons and get automatically get grouped up with others, Instance teleportation not included.
  • TWThreat - Homemade threat meter that is directly linked with the server to display threat in real time, with features such as: Warnings when passing the user selected threat threshold, glow effects around the enemy target frame in correlation to your threat and Tank Mode, allowing you to track the threat of multiple targets in the vicinity.
  • BigWigs - Modified to include boss mechanic fixes made in the server.
New Skins and Features on Character Creation PvE Features
PvP Features
  • Ring of Blood (2vs2 Unranked Arena)
  • Warsong Gulch is open for the 1-1 and 2-9 level brackets.
  • Stop experience gain with [Glyph of Twinking] for gear collection without leaving your desired bracket!
  • Battleground tabards are free and able to queue you to their respective battleground.
  • Soon: FFA PvP Zone
New Dungeons
  • Soon: Stormwind Vaults
  • Soon: Caverns of Time
New Raids (Episode 3)
  • Soon: Silvermoon City
  • Soon: Karazhan
Miscellaneous
  • Traaz Ironfinger in Rachet can attach a telescopic lens to your pickaxe to improve its capabilities, when provided the proper materials.
  • Health values of NPCs and players are sent to the client in real time, allowing accurate values to be displayed
    by addons.
  • All mounts now scale with your riding training, if you have none the mount goes faster equal to half your level
    Example: %10 faster at level 20. Also a riding turtle is added to your spellbook at level 5 to utilise this feature early on.
  • Gray & Green quests give full experience up to 25 levels of difference.
  • Soon: An optional version of the 1.15 client with the ability to extend your Field of View (FoV) is included in the game folder..

Frosty

Re: Turtle WoW Unique Features

Post by Frosty » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:30 am

Soon: Caverns of Time Dungeons
Exciting!

Musse

Post by Musse » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:57 am

Will this quest then be available, or is this quest already now available:
What Tomorrow Brings

Torta

Post by Torta » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:05 am

Musse wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:57 am
Will this quest then be available, or is this quest already now available:
What Tomorrow Brings
No! :) There'll be different quests. [What Tomorrow Brings] is a part of another quest chain and will be available once server is ready for it.

Mike122344

Post by Mike122344 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:12 am

Dude I love the idea of this server!

I especially appreciate the attention given to details for the survival and bounties, alongside the holy strike quest.

This is great. I wish that I could develop coding skills to help you guys out.

Cheers.

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Thu May 20, 2021 4:45 pm

Bump for the revamped features list.
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Jimmicz

Post by Jimmicz » Fri May 21, 2021 6:09 pm

not sure if you guys know about this but I noticed the other day that people cant queue BG and Arena at the same time. I'm sure if that would be a possibility more people will do Arenas.

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:02 pm

Turtlhu is missing from the world boss list

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:27 am

Are we allowed to make custom items/quests/npc’s for the new neutral factions?

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:27 pm

I see that Outland, Ghostland, and Eversong Woods will be added; I'm curious what form they will take. Will the level cap be pushed to 70 for Outland, will Ghostlands retain it's identity as a level 10-20 zone for Horde, will Eversong be made available to Alliance rather than Horde since they have High Elves?

Ednaryt

Post by Ednaryt » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:58 pm

Torta wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:21 am
;_;
Firstly , thank you ever-so-much for the dedication, creativity y'all put into this content, Turtle4TheWin

I'd like to suggest in case it hasn't been considered, since HC get these Yellow Broadcast Messages for the smallest of things like making it to lvl 10 , could you please consider World Broadcast Messaging < Lorekeeper > & < Cartographer > for the achievers in the same way? It would be lovely to congratulate these players in a small way.

If you could kindly look into this,

Thank you turtle ! sad_turtle

Baka

Post by Baka » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:10 pm

I LOVE YOU, TORTA turtle_in_love
"Как управлять партией, если вы шаман-танк". ЧЕРЕП! ЧЕРЕП Я СКАЗАЛ! КРЕСТ ТЕПЕРЬ! КРЕСТ! СТОП ПЬЮ! НЕ ПУЛИТЬ! НЕ ПУЛИТЬ! Я СПУЛЮ! КТО СПУЛИЛ? НЕ РЕСАЙТЕ ЕГО!

Egamarakas

Post by Egamarakas » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:16 am

Torta wrote:
Please tell me for what is given? I didn't find any other information on the forum

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:11 am

Egamarakas wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:16 am
Torta wrote:
Please tell me for what is given? I didn't find any other information on the forum
Complete 1700 quests :)

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:25 am

The links don't work for me. Also, Crescent Groove isn't here. crying_turtle

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:41 pm

Crescent Grove is accessed south of Mystral Lake in Ashenvale.

Herez

Post by Herez » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:59 pm

Add Shellcoin to the list!
Hope it will get some love eventually, was very cool until it became stable.

Messenjah

Post by Messenjah » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:32 pm

Is there an upto date list of unique features anywhere? Particularly new zones and quest hubs?