First of all, we run on 1.15.x game client — the first ever fully-interactive story expansion for Vanilla WoW. This expansion takes a different path from Burning Crusade, emphasizing the familiar Azeroth of Vanilla WoW over the cosmic battle with the Legion. It's heavily based on the background lore from Warcraft 3 and Vanilla WoW, and seeks to follow some of the story threads from those games without breaking established lore.
You can read about it here: https://turtle-wow.org/expansion
New Playable Races New Zones
- High Elf City: Alah'thalas
- Revantusk Troll Settlement: Amani'alor
- Goblin Outpost: Mudsprocket (Found in southern Dustwallow Marsh)
- Soon: Ghostlands, Eversong Woods, Outland and more.
- 300+ New Quests all around Azeroth.
- 1300+ New Gear, Weapon and Quest Items, with new drops added to old rare mobs and dungeons, both from boss and trash mobs.
- Unique Item Models (Made by our lovely modding team!)
- Sulfuron Champion (Given to those that wield the legendary hammer Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros.)
- Stormwielder (Given to those that wield the legendary sword Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker.)
- Guardian of Tirisfal (Given to those that wield the legendary staff Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian.)
- City Protector Titles (Given to those that have the highest honor in their race for the week.)
- Immortal (Given to those that reach level 60 without dying with the Hardcore Mode enabled.)
- Scarab Lord (Was given to those that acquired the Scepter of Shifting Sands and banged the Scarab Gong.)
- Soon: Lorekeeper
- Soon: Blood Ring Champion
- Soon: Conqueror of Naxxramas
- The Hawk and the Seeker (Long) (Horde)
- Jintha'alor Bustdown (Medium) (Alliance)
- Hunger for Pumpkin Pie (Short) (Alliance)
- Curing the Barrens (Very Short) (Horde)
- Mastering the Arcane (Short) (Horde) (Mage)
- Quark's Shack (Medium) (Horde)
- Teslinah's Search (Long) (Alliance)
- The Lies That Bind Us (Medium) (Horde)
- Once Upon a Sheep (Short) (Alliance)
- Timeline Interference (Medium) (Neutral)
- The Light in the Dark (Medium) (Alliance)
- The White Stag and The Moon (Medium) (Neutral) (Druid)
- Soon: A Dance of Crows and Ravens (Medium-Long) (Neutral)
- Soon: The Land of the Cursed (Very Long) (Alliance)
- Soon: Blood in the Ocean (Medium) (Neutral)
- Soon: The Hero Chronicles (Medium) (Horde)
We're adding reputation vendors for all existing factions to make leveling reputation with them more rewarding and relevant: mounts, gear, recipes and unique companions! Reputation quartermaster stocks are often expanded so recheck them time to time.
Alliance Quartermasters Horde Quartermasters Neutral Quartermasters Hardcore Mode
Inspired by Diablo games and actual Hardcore Challenge of Classic realms, we welcome you to join the true test of your player's skills: leveling as a mortal being: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1636
Discord Rich Presence
Our modified client comes packed with a system that shows that you're playing on the server on your Discord profile, tracking time played and showing you're a real turtle. If you want to opt-out of this you can disable Rich Presence in your Discord settings. If you're worried about its contents you can check our source code at: https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow-discord-overlay
New Events New World Bosses We've implemented a list of features that Blizzard never published General Addons Made or Modified for Turtle WoW
- TWLC2c - Retail-like frames for received loot, need/roll/pull timer/boss death frames.
- Outfitter - Modified to work with Turtle WoW's custom mounts.
- LazPig - Modified to automatically dismount Turtle WoW's custom mounts when using an ability if enabled.
- PallyPower- Modified to include shamans in the interface.
- LFT (Looking for Turtles) - Allows you to queue for dungeons and get automatically get grouped up with others, Instance teleportation not included.
- TWThreat - Homemade threat meter that is directly linked with the server to display threat in real time, with features such as: Warnings when passing the user selected threat threshold, glow effects around the enemy target frame in correlation to your threat and Tank Mode, allowing you to track the threat of multiple targets in the vicinity.
- BigWigs - Modified to include boss mechanic fixes made in the server.
- Ring of Blood (2vs2 Unranked Arena)
- Warsong Gulch is open for the 1-1 and 2-9 level brackets.
- Stop experience gain with [Glyph of Twinking] for gear collection without leaving your desired bracket!
- Battleground tabards are free and able to queue you to their respective battleground.
- Soon™: Sunnyglade Valley (New Battleground)
- Soon: FFA PvP Zone
- Soon: Stormwind Vaults
- Soon: Caverns of Time
- Soon: Silvermoon City
- Soon: Karazhan
- Traaz Ironfinger in Rachet can attach a telescopic lens to your pickaxe to improve its capabilities, when provided the proper materials.
- Health values of NPCs and players are sent to the client in real time, allowing accurate values to be displayed
- All mounts now scale with your riding training, if you have none the mount goes faster equal to half your level
Example: %10 faster at level 20. Also a riding turtle is added to your spellbook at level 5 to utilise this feature early on.