Turtle WoW PvP Week #1

Torta

Turtle WoW PvP Week #1

Post by Torta » Wed May 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Greetings!

We are announcing our first “PvP Week”, it will take place during the first week of June.
  • The honor gain will increase up to 5x.
  • Remember that the level 1—9 PvP bracket is open for Warsong Gulch in Turtle WoW.
  • You will gain experience by doing Battlegrounds. 5% of the level if you win, and 2.5% of the level if you lose (you can always stop your experience gaining getting the Turtle Twink’s Insignia for free talking to Speedy. Once the insignia is removed, you’ll continue getting experience).
  • Battleground tabards will be able to queue you to their respective Battleground. They won’t have any reputation requirement anymore and you will be able to buy them in the Battlemasters located inside the RP hubs.
Also, Warsong Gulch only requires 2 players to pop up, Arathi Basin 6 players, and Alterac Valley, 10 players.

Musse

Re: Turtle WoW PvP Week

Post by Musse » Wed May 29, 2019 8:29 pm

My comments are:

While gaining XP in Battle grounds might sound like a good thing for those interested in PvP, there are some negative aspects here too:
1) You are adding more and more PvP stuff, but remember Turtle is one of the few PvE servers around. Don't change this. Being a pure PvE server is why most people came to Turtle in the first place.
2) Adding XP to battlegrounds opens up a potential "XP exploit". Here, like in any team sport, it's possible to agree on the end result. Not to talk about who the two opponents (in Warsong) are. Maybe they are me and you, or maybe they are me and me ... Does these things matter? Teoretically yes. If someone start doing Battlegrounds with a new character from L1 and do them all the way to L60 (not doing any quest), they will have a L60 character with ALL the quest left. And at L60 you get "gold" instead of XP from quests ...

Distortedshadow

Post by Distortedshadow » Wed May 29, 2019 8:33 pm

Implying pvp cant be rp?

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Wed May 29, 2019 8:43 pm

Musse wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:29 pm
My comments are:

Do NOT unite the World chat during this, or any other chat or situation! There is already channel Diplomacy for those who wish to communication cross fraction.

While gaining XP in Battle grounds might sound like a good thing for those interested in PvP, there are some negative aspects here too:
1) You are adding more and more PvP stuff, but remember Turtle is one of the few PvE servers around. Don't change this. Being a pure PvE server is why most people came to Turtle in the first place.
2) Adding XP to battlegrounds opens up a potential "XP exploit". Here, like in any team sport, it's possible to agree on the end result. Not to talk about who the two opponents (in Warsong) are. Maybe they are me and you, or maybe they are me and me ... Does these things matter? Teoretically yes. If someone start doing Battlegrounds with a new character from L1 and do them all the way to L60 (not doing any quest), they will have a L60 character with ALL the quest left. And at L60 you get "gold" instead of XP from quests ...
Hello! Remember that the XP gaining will only be active during this week, it's just to give a little incentive. The XP gaining is so low that it's just not worth to level only doing that, unless you want, of course. Also, wintrading in BGs is forbidden, so don't worry about that, if we ever see that happening will take actions, for sure.

Skullmiser

Post by Skullmiser » Fri May 31, 2019 4:22 pm

How do you defeat someone in one versus one Warsong Gulch if they have a fantastic movement speed advantage on you? If you can't, why is there one versus one? They can get your flag and stall you forever.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri May 31, 2019 7:58 pm

I'd suggest having those start with at least 4 people (2 on each side) at least, alas, it's not for me to decide.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Fri May 31, 2019 10:57 pm

Skullmiser wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:22 pm
How do you defeat someone in one versus one Warsong Gulch if they have a fantastic movement speed advantage on you? If you can't, why is there one versus one? They can get your flag and stall you forever.
That's not even fun for him.

Casanova

Post by Casanova » Fri May 31, 2019 11:12 pm

Maybe add mercenary mode/crossfaction during the time of the event?

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Fri May 31, 2019 11:16 pm

Casanova wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:12 pm
Maybe add mercenary mode/crossfaction during the time of the event?
It's not easy to implement cross-faction BGs, sadly.

Avarice

Post by Avarice » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:39 am

Are there plans for another pvp week during July, or any standard frequency for these?
avarice
/ˈav(ə)rɪs/
noun
extreme greed for wealth or material gain.

Level 60 Rogue
<Thunder Ale Brewing Co>

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:30 pm

We don't have planned when will the next PvP week be, but it will happen at some point again, yup. It's meant to be more or less recurrent.